It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Text Message Warning of Bomb Threats (Liverpool & Manchester)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hey guys and gals,

I didn't really know where to put this (and if to put it up at all) but I decided to throw it in Skunk Works and see what happens.

About 40 minutes ago my dad received the following text message from a mobile number he didn't recognise:

Just been text this message from a friend, her sister wrks 4the ambulance service: Just heard at wrk - credible bomb threat 4 lpool 1 + trafford centre 4 2moro. Hospitals/ burns unit on high alert. So avoid + pls pass msg on. If ur waiting for a punchline (like I was) there isn't one, take care...

For those who don't know, both Liverpool One and the Trafford Centre are large shopping and leisure centres in the North West of England.

I really don't know what to make of it
Is it some kind of hoax/scam? Has anyone else received a similar message?

What really made me post was when I remembered the explosions in Sweden that occurred yesterday. Could there be a connection?

Anyone in the North West area; keep on your toes

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Have you contacted the police? They have experts who deal with this type of thing, because the people who employ them have brought it to our shores.

It could be a chain text but seriously, this is one situation where the police may actually be of use.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Notify the police if you havnt already, if you dont your an idiot.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Notify the police immediately.

This is very serious.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
keep us posted, too. My bf is in manchester. I'll notify him tonight just to be on the safe side.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yes, do notify police. However, if the text is true, they already know. But if it is a hoax they would be in a better position to know, and possibly let the hoaxter know it is not funny or cool to send false alarms.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This sounds very serious.

It may even be related to this?

www.infowars.com...

SAS hit squads are today protecting packed shopping centres from terrorists – with orders to shoot to kill.
The regiment’s elite troops are poised to foil any al-Qaeda bid to cause Mumbai-style carnage amid Britain’s Christmas crowds.
The Who Dares Wins teams have instructions to strike hard and fast to combat the “real and credible” threat of a bomb-and-gun onslaught by fanatics.

I really hope the OP has contacted the police.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here we go - another false flag just before Christmas? Nothing like keeping the people's morale as low as possible.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If this is a hoax i hope everyone involved gets what they deserve, things like this is nothing to joke or hoax about.

Edit: infact im gonna call my local police shop right now and let them know about this, stuff like this has to be taken seriously, thousands of innocent lives could be in danger.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Here we go - another false flag just before Christmas? Nothing like keeping the people's morale as low as possible.

Why false flag? Why not a genuine attack?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Police have been notified.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There is something important you must know. My fiancée has been having dreams about future events and disasters that have all come true in current time. She had another dream that the Big Ben clock in London would be bombed by Russian jet fighters in January, 2011. The strange thing is Russia just recently sold high-tech missiles to Venezuela right after Iran placed their own in that country. Her dream tells her that Russia is pissed off because they want the U.K. to release Julian Assange (which is actually true and can be found in news articles) since they regard him as an important individual for the release of classified information from U.S. intelligence. I'm sure most of you are aware that Russia wants to award Julian with a nobel prize. They might also plan to bomb the U.S. since they're trying to prosecute Julian with death penalties. If her current dream is actually fulfilled and they bomb London, I suggest that anyone living in the U.K should evacuate until further notice.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990
I suggest that anyone living in the U.K should evacuate until further notice.

Really? Please, ive got nothing against your gfs dreams and i hope they dont come true, but to tell people from the UK to start evacuating .. hmm i think your over doing it. Yes of course millions of people are just going to pack up and leave. I think half the UK population wouldnt leave their homes, as they are not interested in whats going on. As long as they have x factor and celebrity gossip on the front pages of the useless tabloids they are happy.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Lets look at this rationally.

Despite the fact Russia may be annoyed with the US wanting to extradite Julian, and wants his release from UK authorities, do you REALLY think Russia would go to the extreme measure of bombing london? What would that achieve? That would be the most idiotic thing for Russia to do, because then they would have a whole slew of trouble on their hands that to be frank, I don't think they could handle. It's just ridiculous and unnecessary for Russia to do that...and to be honest, I think you're putting too much worth on your gf's dreams. She may have had dreams that seemed to predict certain events but remember that the human mind will normally look for ways to connect things together. you will see what you want to see and if you want to believe she predicted those things, your mind will find a way to connect them.

No one is going to bomb london. If Russia goes to that extreme in january, I will take an idea from a poster I saw recently, and eat my keyboard.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Xavialune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Right people, a bit of an update:

It turns out that, after a bit of investigating, the message was sent by someone both I and my dad know. She is a mature and level headed person who was simply passing on a message she herself had received.

Just been text this message from a friend, her sister wrks 4the ambulance service:

The above part of the message was from her and the part below was the original message she herself had received.

Just heard at wrk - credible bomb threat 4 lpool 1 + trafford centre 4 2moro. Hospitals/ burns unit on high alert. So avoid + pls pass msg on. If ur waiting for a punchline (like I was) there isn't one, take care...

Sorry if I freaked anyone out, but at least the identity of the text message has been solved. As for the original message, I don't know how credible that part is (but the credibility of the lady I and my dad know is not in question), I suppose taking a cautious approach is the best route.

I didn't mean to worry or panic anybody, I just felt that if any possible warning could be given I had better take the opportunity. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

There are some Twitters about this too

here

here

That was posted 20 hours ago so wouldn't that make tomorrow, today?
edit on 12-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Edit

I guess I mean Tweets rather then Twitters
edit on 12-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

I know most of them wouldn't evacuate, but she's had these dreams years before they happened. Vivid, detailed dreams that showed exactly what would happen. I'm not sure where her dreams even come from or how they're even possible to begin with. I am skeptical of assertions made without evidence, but this case is different. If this one happens like all the rest, the potentiality of deaths in the U.K. might be quite large. I have been storing written summaries of her dreams as notepad documents for the past 2 years and all of them have happened. NASA secrets revealed, discovery of Earth-like planets, secret Nazi activities, underground bases, bombings, government secrets revealed, strange buildings and objects on Mars and Phobos, future military weaponry, etc. Those are just a few of the types of dreams she's had in the past few years. I'm not here to proselytize false information nor take credit for recent occurrences. I am simply stating what I know. I'm sure some of you don't believe this because I haven't presented any evidence, but I am possession of the evidence. The only problem is they are notepad documents that can be altered. Some of you might say "Oh, he just typed this and inserted a fake date, making it seem like he wrote it at that particular time." Sure, that's a possibility, but it isn't true. I've already thought of the excuses skeptics would use because of the fact that my documents aren't official. There's nothing I can do about that. If you don't take my word for it, that's understandable. None of you were here at the times I recorded her dreams before they happened. I just thought it was extremely important to at least notify others, whether they believe it or not. It's your decision to consider this to be of utmost importance or to ignore it. We'll see what happens in January. If London is bombed, hopefully you'll consider these dreams. If London is not bombed, then the dream was false.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
If this is a hoax i hope everyone involved gets what they deserve, things like this is nothing to joke or hoax about.

Edit: infact im gonna call my local police shop right now and let them know about this, stuff like this has to be taken seriously, thousands of innocent lives could be in danger.

Calm down, the police already know because it's called a "credible bomb threat". Before the police make their evaluation or even know about it, it's simply called a bomb threat.

The OP didn't say that somebody he knew was making a bomb threat, the OP said that somebody with the ambulance service was on "high alert" (these are orders made by the government) about a "credible bomb threat" (meaning it's confirmed by the Police).

So calm down, this isn't the OP or someone the OP knows making a bomb threat.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Explosion in Manchester.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Freaky. Usually i wouldn't say stuff like this but here goes. This has happened on a few occasions before. I woke up this morning but then just lay in bed for a while with my eyes shut. I had images going through my head of 2 suicide bombers with holdalls on wheels. You see people with them all the time in city centres. Hopefully you'll know the ones i mean. The ones with the pull out handles.
Anyway, This vision thing i saw was aimed at the Arndale centre not the Trafford Centre. So i am looking down between Primark on my left and the Arndale on my right. It is a birds eye view and not from street level. An explosion goes off just under the bridge 200 yards away. Everyone starts running away from the 1st explosion. A second explosion goes off as the mass of people run away from the first. Thats all i see as my wife shouts me and i open my eyes. I don't see the carnage.

Maybe just a coincidence due the explosions yesterday. A number of years ago whilst working in Leeds. I had a vision where something bad may happen in Leeds City Centre. 2 weeks later. The police raided a farm and seized explosives in 2001 to be used by the IRA.

On multiple occasions. I can think of someone i haven't seen in years and within a few weeks i can bump into them. My wife finds is strange that i can say something that she has been thinking. I am not saying i am Psychic or anything. Just may be a trick of the mind or sheer coincidence. I dunno. Lets just wait and see.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join