It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Text Message Warning of Bomb Threats (Liverpool & Manchester)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990
There is something important you must know. My fiancée has been having dreams about future events and disasters that have all come true in current time. She had another dream that the Big Ben clock in London would be bombed by Russian jet fighters in January, 2011. The strange thing is Russia just recently sold high-tech missiles to Venezuela right after Iran placed their own in that country. Her dream tells her that Russia is pissed off because they want the U.K. to release Julian Assange (which is actually true and can be found in news articles) since they regard him as an important individual for the release of classified information from U.S. intelligence. I'm sure most of you are aware that Russia wants to award Julian with a nobel prize. They might also plan to bomb the U.S. since they're trying to prosecute Julian with death penalties. If her current dream is actually fulfilled and they bomb London, I suggest that anyone living in the U.K should evacuate until further notice.

The UK people lived with terrorist attacks for 30 years. I don't think the whole of the UK is going to evacuate because of your gf's dream.

I hope her dream doesn't come true. It presupposes that Assange will still be in jail in January. We'll have to see.

edit on 12-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by monobrow
www.bbc.co.uk...

Explosion in Manchester.

From the BBC report:
Initial reports suggest the explosion might have come from the bakery area when a pipe in a fridge burst.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Notify the police if you havnt already, if you dont your an idiot.

"your an idiot"

Just thought I'd point out the irony.

Anyway, good luck guys.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

It look's like that's all it was, but on the TV report someone in the background was shouting "It's was a bomb" It was probably just kid's
but I thought I'd post it in case their was more to it.
Thank god it was nothing serious though,I hope the people involved weren't badly injured.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
will that mean that arsenal will finally win a championship.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
"City till I die"

I'm really glad my bf wasnt around in there...he seriously could have been in that tesco if it weren't for the fact he's in scotland right now. geez..I have other friends there in that general area though, and I hope they are ok.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I was at the trafford center yesterday,

There was no diffrence in security or anything showing signs of a bomb warning, so this if really bad if its true.

Fingers crossed its some idiot trying to be funny

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Has anyone else received a similar message?...

What really made me post was when I remembered the explosions in Sweden that occurred yesterday. Could there be a connection?

“A Swedish Armed Forces (Försvarsmakten) employee warned an acquaintance to stay clear of an area in central Stockholm on Saturday where, several hours later, two explosions went off in what is being called a terrorist attack,” reports The Local, an English-language Swedish newspaper.

The TT news agency obtained a copy of a text message sent to the military staffer. “If you can, avoid Drottninggatan today. A lot can happen there…just so you know,” it read.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Probably just scaremongering!

Having said that i work in central London and have noticed a visible police presence in the last few weeks at major railway and underground stations but this could also be related to the student protests. The police dont seem to be just standing there either, they are actively looking at people as they come and go as if they are searching for someone specific.
edit on 13-12-2010 by ruffrider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

These things have been going round for years up here, usually saying keep out of Eldon Square/the Metro Centre because someone found a mans wallet and he said keep your family away from the area in thanks...

Nothing's happened yet (fingers crossed) so we usually just put them down to chains.

It's pretty creepy though, and I'm naturally paranoid enough to not want to go ANYWHERE near those places at Christmas anyway. Just in case. It's a shame how England's turning out, really, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Alright everybody,

My mate told me on monday that his sister in warrington and he (in manchester) got a number of the same texts sent to each of their phones. They both thought it was a bit weird but what was even more strange was the fact that his number was new and only his sister and dad had this number in warrington, so they dont understand how they're related. Anyway, his sister called the Police who just told her to disregard it.

Ive just joined here today just to get involved in the discussion. Ive just come off the phone to my sister in manchester who told me at 4pm that GMP have arrested one man in connection with a plot to blow up the manchester arndale again, although a second guy is nowhere to be found as yet.

I haven't heared this myself yet but I think she said that was planned for the busy christmas rush.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join