It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Patriots Are Christians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
They subscribe to "believing" in their government 100%, and are always the first to get "angry" (to say the least), whenever someone challenges US "values".

Have you not paid much attention since Bush left office? At some point, the Bush haters really need to join the rest of us in the present where those pro-government folks have since changed their angle and been labeled as "Domestic extremists" under the Nepalatano run HLS dept.

The rest of your post seems to follow suit, attempting to politicize religion. This is a massive burr under my saddle that comes up quite often. We have a number of people in America and even around the world who are very fast to yell about the mandate of separation of Church & state, yet seem to not comprehend the fact that it must work both ways or else it is completely pointless. You can't politicize the members of the church and then feign outrage when those same people apply their religious beliefs to their expectations of the state.

I think the "set us back 50 years" comment represents a job only 25% completed from a political standpoint. The origins of separation of church and state were to protect the church from the state as much (if not moreso) that today's rally cry directed at protecting the state from the big, scary church. I also believe, if you check my previous post, you'll see that I identify myself as a Christian... yet I also clearly stated that I do not support this government. If we magically morphed ourselves back to the late 1700s, OK I am there completely in support of that US government. The crap we have running the show now, though? Meh... why should I support something or someone that neither respects nor supports me? (and by supporting me, I don't mean in the financial handout sense. The US government doesn't do that for me, either, but I don't want that type of support regardless.)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Thanks for the minor correction.. Had remembered reading it before.. Getting old lol memory not what it used to be..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by Control

who are nothing more than overdeveloped underbrained theocratic fascists.

the problem with this statement is that is really is not true. they are very well educated within the 'acceptable' indoctrination institutions on the approved list by those in power. what they are learning is useless but by educational "standards" they are well learned.

otherwise, I tend to agree with quite a bit of what you wrote.

You took the statement to be "underbrained by any standards" I understand that Liberty University in Lynchberg, VA has fairly strict guidelines for student enrollment and graduation, however those guidelines and standards are irrelevant when placed in the context of human psychology and interrelational understanding. Philosopher and essayist David Hume once wrote that "A wise man tempers his belief in accordance with the evidence." This is a concept that would get you kicked out of Liberty University if you argued for the inclusion of the concept within their educational curriculum.

Evangelical christianity teaches specifically to ignore evidence and rely solely on faith. Look at their views on abortion, gay rights, and dinosaurs (bones placed to test mans faith..really?). Liberty University just graduated it's 3rd class of graduates from its Law School. Lawyers who will be going out and spreading their faith-based idiocy in courtrooms across the nation and flooding the Supreme Court with more theo-fascist gobbledegook in an effort to roll civil and human rights back to the stone age. These are people who are literally getting the death penalty passed for gender crimes in Uganda. They are definitely underbrained. By their own standards they may be brilliant, but people still consider Hitler brilliant to this day.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
the government knows that US citizens fear god, therefor US government uses god as a magical weapon to take control of its citizen........let me give you a short example: IN GOD WE TRUST
thats what u read on the little green piece of papers called "money" that is controlling our lives. yes!! yes!! even churches are being controlled by the illuminati
and if u take a look at the pope on google images, hes kinda scary =P

so anyway, the true patriots are those who pay attention to whats really happening around, and acting against the bad, not the apathetic type (like we all know about the evil of the new world order being spread throughout the world, but no one cares
) so wake up from religion, stop praying and start making a difference in the world, understand that nothing is safe in a world where no one pays attention to the illuminati, because it has controlled us so deeply that we're unable to think for ourselves anymore (and yes, schools are also part of the illuminati:roll

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Duh. Don't forget that true "patriots" are also male, white, heterosexual, rich, and depending on what half of the country you're in, not just Christian, but NOT mormon or catholic, obviously. They also can't have had sex outside of marriage, committed any crime, drink on a regular basis or do any drugs what-so-ever, including prescription drugs.

So uhhh...how many "true patriots" do we actually have left?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

OK
Then where did Christ himself end up in this scenerio?

He did not go off on moneychangers because they were doing the right thing. They were selling the very thing that was required of people to sacrifice.
It had become a joke.

In your story, Christ really has no meaning.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

They believe 100% that anyone that doesn't follow their religion and accepts Christ,

What do you define as "accepts Christ"

As a Christian Deist we believe that Christ was a philosopher with a number of good moral values/teachings.
he was only the son of god in that we all are the children of god nothing more. not a Divine Being, Messiah.

As a Christian Deist we believe there is NO true church.
Any church that claims to be the only true church is a Cult
And any church that demands obedience of anyone is a Cult.
And any church that believes only there church members are real Christians are Cults.

Since there is no Christian Deist church no Christian Deist can fall into those failings there for can not be a Cult,

Interestingly In Islam, Jesus (Arabic: عيسى; `Īsā) is considered to be a Messenger of God.
en.wikipedia.org...

And in Buddhism there is similarities with the bible.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
...i've been accused (numerous times) of making a particular sentence or phrase look worse than it was intended because i focused on just that sentence or phrase rather than the whole context...

...so, maybe beth's remark looks worse than it was intended because it was taken out of context... lets see if that could be the case here...

...the original thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
A true patriot would protest the display of ANY and ALL religious displays in their government buildings.

Originally posted by mamabeth
I disagree with you ,I think that true patriots would be basically christians.

...in that context, what was beth REALLY saying?...

...imo, the key word / qualifier is "basically"... maybe she used it instead of "mostly"... iow - "true patriots would be mostly christians"... that would probably still anger some but consider this...

...christianity is the dominant religion in the usofa... so, since there are more of them than any other grouping, christians make up the largest demographic among prison inmates... one could say "prison inmates would be basically christian" and the majority of folks would understand that basically meant mostly... right?...

...so, maybe
just maybe - the author of the op and the offended posters basically missed the boat and made a big deal and did a bunch of preaching about mostly nothing...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Being a Christian doesn't make you a patriot anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

One has nothing to do with the other. Nothing.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JayKay1

True believers have no hatred for anyone. True Christians live as Christ taught. Has noone posting here ever read the New Testament? Apparently not.

We are not our government. Most of us live in small towns and we are perfectly happy being there. We vote. We do our best to live the way Jesus Christ said we should live. If this is a sin, then I am very guilty indeed.

Most of the problems of today come from clumping people together. American-Christian-OOOHHH gun-loving Sarah Palin Bible Thumping (without having a clue) war mongering racists.

The truth is far from there. Most Christians in the US are family oriented, peaceful (unless provoked), hard-working, fair-minded, community oriented, lovers of the entire world.

The truth is, some people like to stir up stuff where there is nothing. We are just like everyone else in this world. So, we have different beliefs. I do not think that should make us enemies. Do you?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

This person is a FOOL of the highest degree. So I'm a Jew, I love my country (even though I disagree with it), and I would never want to be a citizen of any other country.

That being said this country was founded by people looking for religious freedom. An escape from persecution.

Anyone who thinks politicians are actually religious are stupid!!!! They are just pandering to the masses to get you to think they they are just like you. The truth of the matter is they are not like you because they are smart enough to manipulate you using your belief in an ancient desert God. GROW UP!!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
Wrong. True patriots understand and respect the fact that each of us are allowed to practice any faith we choose to.

Saying that only christians are patriots is stupid, and flat out ignorant.

FoxNews would like to speak to you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
LOL my story? hmmn I think you missed the point of my post. So in light of your comment I must decline to answer your question because it is irrelevant to the logic i put forth. Still I will give you a chance to meditate on this, Christ was for peace right? So claim the christians. Then he spazzes out on the money changers, right? so is that peace? annnndddddd my whole "story" is loosely based on many sources. "The HIram Key" being one of them and etc.

A belief in Jesus the Christ I do not follow is vindicated by his actual origin since it is the message, kind of like wikileaks, that should build faith. Do not get hissy with me plz, declaw yourself and type civilly plz. I am not here for anything but to voice my opinion and could care less what you or anyone else thinks of it.

Mwa you know I love u though lol-no homo-

Originally posted by suigeneris
reply to post by fonenyc

OK
Then where did Christ himself end up in this scenerio?

He did not go off on moneychangers because they were doing the right thing. They were selling the very thing that was required of people to sacrifice.
It had become a joke.

In your story, Christ really has no meaning.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I completely agree. Extremism= insecurity in your belief, IMO. I do believe in God, but that is between me and him.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

This is the exact example I speak of. You accuse me of "clawing" when I have been nothing but peaceful toward you. This is the reason you and I will never agree on anything. I refuse to deal with people who accuse me with absolutely no credability.

When you can discuss things with a rational mind and no hatred, I will be happy to oblige you. Until then, May God bless you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by suigeneris
reply to post by JayKay1

True believers have no hatred for anyone. True Christians live as Christ taught. Has noone posting here ever read the New Testament? Apparently not.

We are not our government. Most of us live in small towns and we are perfectly happy being there. We vote. We do our best to live the way Jesus Christ said we should live. If this is a sin, then I am very guilty indeed.

Most of the problems of today come from clumping people together. American-Christian-OOOHHH gun-loving Sarah Palin Bible Thumping (without having a clue) war mongering racists.

The truth is far from there. Most Christians in the US are family oriented, peaceful (unless provoked), hard-working, fair-minded, community oriented, lovers of the entire world.

The truth is, some people like to stir up stuff where there is nothing. We are just like everyone else in this world. So, we have different beliefs. I do not think that should make us enemies. Do you?

Look, if you're going to defend Christianity with the "New Testament" remark (and I tend to buy it, just playing devil's advocate), how can you reconcile the use of the OT to justify the exclusion of homosexuals from the church, while simultaneously ignoring other fatwas like the banning of pigskin use and banning polyester?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

We love pigskin. It is a Sunday ritual.

I know WAYY too many people in my poor town that wear polyester.

I have never, since I have been alive, going to church where I live, ever seen anyone ostracised for being homosexual. In my community, we love everyone.

There may be a few who say, I know he/she is gay. But noone (that I have ever encountered) has been forbidden access to any church or its services.
That is the point of being Christian. Christ-like. We believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ himself. All was made new by him and he was the great comforter. We were saved, not by what we did and did not do, but by the faith. It is a good read, you know, the New Testament. That is where I stand.
edit on 12-12-2010 by suigeneris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You do realize that you can be devout and secular in office? I thought JFK proved that.

True patriots are people whom support freedoms of maximum freedom up till it limits another's freedom. It just so happens that these people are overwhelmingly Christian. That said there's plenty of Christians tearing down freedom. So it really depends. Freedom fighters tend to be Christian, or at the last, of Christian origins. Those against in the US also tend to be from Christian, and indeed, post Christian origins. However, mostly, this group supports freedom. Then there are the post-Christian atheists of the nation. They mostly support freedom, but then there are the militant types whom go past freedom into totalitarian. Just about the only non Christian freedom fighters I know of are in Iran and Turkey's liberal department. The other couple 1.5 billion or so of them seem to not be on the side of freedom, or too uneducated to be on a side, doing what their leaders say. The other group are in China and those places, and thus far their numbers have been mostly Christian and growing over the decades.

Now if you feel this is a threat to your freedom than you are not with the right type of Christian. You are with the type seeking to limit freedom. The Christians I know do not. They are housed in the same building as Jew Muslim and Catholic all together at the office for my school. And they do not fight.

It's a simple matter of respect. You can be of a religious and fight for freedom and respect the right of another religion to exist, or lack there of. Failure to comprehend that is a massive failure on your part to comprehend the dynamics of the world.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well, with Sarah, I would say ignorance guides everything she does along with the whims of those around her.

A true Christian is strong in there beliefs, but completely aware that it has no place in government...how many do you know like that? Not many I bet.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a patriot can't be a Christian, because you can't serve God and the united states both. they're in conflict.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join