It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Patriots Are Christians

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessgarbage

I'll tell you what's worse.

It teaches children to believe without evidence. It teaches them that the word of God is absolute, that homosexuality is a sin, this causes them to think they are more worthy or superior to homosexuals.

This is faith and it has a history of disrupting society and it's ruining societies worldwide to this day.

Only has the age of enlightenment and scientific reason given us the freedom in Western Society.

Because theocracy cannot encroach on secular society, we were able to gain women's rights, abolish slavery, fight racism.

If we still lived by the edict and totalitarian nature of religion, Genocide, sexism and genital mutilation would still be advocated.

I don't know how else to put it.

I'm tired of people singing it's praises.

the phrase

"forgive them "father", for they know not what they do" comes to mind. "Father" should be replaced with "logical human beings"
edit on 17/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

You are exactly what you hate and badger on this site.

As I read through the recent posts, all you do is argue and attack.

You are a Science Crusader. I don't believe you, give me the sword already.

The reality is there are 4 factions. Christian, Jewish, Islamic and Atheist.

Each are on the offensive full force.

Peace
edit on 19-12-2010 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Not at all, i'm a realist. I don't crusade, i challenge people's opinions using reason and logic. If you take a look at my posts i also do it politely. If you have a problem, argue back but don't try to demean my intelligence or integrity by calling my a "Scientific Crusader"

I simply believe in evidence, if you're unwilling to provide evidence, and ask me to believe or respect you view based on faith, I will not trust you, there is no intellectual stimulus.

Thanks for your un-kind words though. I really highlights the difference in mindsets here on this website.

I don't hate blacks, women, homosexuals because it's illogical hatred - Hating the IDEOLOGY of religion is different because i have seen the inherent lunacy it has caused throughout history.

Again, i don't think theories without evidence or critical reasoning deserve respect? What's your problem with this? You call me a "scientific crusader" but all i'm asking for is a bit of evidence, and thus a sprinkling of truth.
edit on 19/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It is funny how easily you remove yourself as a responsible party.

If all I do is ask you to prove, how is that different than everyone asking you to believe?

A crusader was someone on a mission. You have the same drive. These are not unkind words. I just see tunnel vision. Not judging, reporting.

I asked the same question in another thread: Why is science the defacto authority while ignoring all the evidence that the world was seeded with advance people prior to the deluge/biblical flood?

The problem with a solely scientific approach is that it excludes things it cannot understand and that is just wrong.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Why is science the defacto authority while ignoring all the evidence that the world was seeded with advance people prior to the deluge/biblical flood?

Evidence? Seriously? In case you havn't noticed; science relies on evidence to accumulate knowledge.

Are you really to suggest that the floods on earth were caused by an intervening supernatural being? I cannot take this serious, this is not a crusade, this is not tunnel vision, i'm simply asking for the fundamental evidence as to make such a claim.

Maybe you'd appreciate these words, maybe not;-

The Poetry of Science

Let me know what you think.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

It is so strange that we are writing the same language but cannot communicate.

When did I say the flood was supernatural?

I asked why modern science ignores the evidence of a global humanity that existed before the flood.

My challenge is that your questions are closed and do not leave room for you to really accept an answer. That leaves me one choice, which is wish you the best.

It's all good. We don't have to agree on anything and I do appreciate the dialogue.

One thing I have learned through our interactions is the appropriate salutation...Happy Holidays!!!

Enjoy your next trip around the sun.

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I asked why modern science ignores the evidence of a global humanity that existed before the flood.

Archaeologists and paleontologists alike only make assertions based on evidence; fossil records and other probing methods. If there was evidence of global humanity before the floods, they would have detected it, which they have.

They also found records of dinosaurs that long potentially predate humans here on earth.

Humans have been on the earth for MINIMUM of 100,000 years, some say 75,000 as the mimimum, but if you're a Christian and you are willing to believe the doctrine you have to believe that God waited at least 73,000 years before he introduced a savior to humanity, sacrificed him in order to relieve us of our Sins.

for 73,000 years God watches with indifference to humanity until he finally decided to send his son to the less educated parts of the middle east, notice how they didn't appeal to the more literate Chinese people. They had to go to the desert to start this cult.

Can't you see why i have a problem with this? Some Christians even believe the earth is only 6,000 years - I ask you this seriously, what kind of faith is this? Where evidence to contrary proves their faith or "belief" wrong?

Anyway, thanks again for being somewhat civilised.

LOL - "next trip around the sun" - that is brilliant my friend.

Peace out

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by 27jd

I take it that you haven't heard of mitochondrial
DNA testing?

Who hasn't?

So, I take it you have your official results to share with us proving your heritage? Otherwise, you should have said "I may be able to prove it later".

Eh, nevermind.
edit on 21-12-2010 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Anybody who thinks they are better than someone else because of religious preference is not a patriot.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

Well said, respect is earned, not given freely. I emphasisee this point even more when judging the religious, as they claim to be more righteous in the first place, what with having the "true word of God" to follow.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Maybe

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OP, I don't mean to be rude, but this thread is the most ignorant, misguided bunch of horse doody I have ever read.

One's religeous beliefs or lack thereof, has absolutely nothing to do with one's love for their country. For that matter, how is it that a Christian somehow loves their country more than Buddhist or a Jew or a Muslim?

Attitudes like yours are exactly the antithesis to patriotism. This country is about freedom to worship whatever you like, and the secular view of government. Claiming that Christianity is an American ideal or that Christians love America more is just wrong and directly opposed to what the country really stands for. Your view creates conflict and ignorance.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sorry god fearing christians but your morals are not yours alone. Helping the needy is not a christian ideal but a human instinct. This is why religion is fallible

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I wouldn't say so. I'm American Indian, not a christian, and love and am loyal to my homeland. That makes me a patriot.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You know what Samual Johnson said:

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

So, in that case, I'd say that yes, christians can claim to be the true patriots all they want....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here lately, the term "Patriot" or "true Patriot" is thrown about pretty loosely. It's over used and without any interest in the definition. Usually, to the person who chooses to bandy the term about, the definition of "Patriot" or "true Patriot" will fall in line to fit into that person's views and actions, to the exclusion of anyone that might disagree, even in the slightest.

And, for the record, posting your complaints or boasting of your perfect way of life does not make you a Patriot. Sitting behind a computer and rambling all day about how others are not a Patriot, does not make you a Patriot.

We shouldn't be confusing patriotism with personal beliefs.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Being a Patriot is just another form of separating humanity from itself. Just like countries and nationalities. At the end of the day, I'm a human being. I may not agree with what others think or do, but I have to concede to the fact everyone has to live their life how they see fit.

What would happen to all those defense contracts and weapons we spent so much time, effort, and money creating if humanity came together under one ideal?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
And here I thought true patriots support the constitution...which would mean they adhere to the whole "freedom from religion" stuff. I guess I was wrong and patriots really piss on the constitution, because that's what it means when you say "true patriots are Christians".

Christian fundies are always hilarious...so beyond clueless, they entertain the sane rest by being all clownish. Thanks for that

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Sarah Palin is not a Christian!!
All these supposed Christians who beat the drums of war seem to have forgotten that Jesus said turn the other cheek. They also seem to have forgotten that Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What a load of nonsense.
Just another religious person trolling to try and prove his/her point.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join