It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future for American Youth: AMERICANS READ THIS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
I'm with you 100%, for so much as I can afford it.

Duh!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by morefiber

That's why i dont understand the reason for reducing members in the HOR other than his explanation for monetary benefits. equal representation is important. restriction of the powers of those who represent is something Im in line for.

About the economic collapse, it is not a fear, it is a reality that we must be able to tackle. we have to be able to sustain ourselves and calm America when they find out their money is worthless. Maybe a new currency needs to be circulated in large, or at least proposed. \

And I am sorry about not trusting our military. I'm sorry, but I just dont. even if they came to our aid, we would have the UN there to step in where it shouldn't. If our government cannot stop us, they will go to the UN, just like every other nation in crisis. The is the US we are talking about, not Madagascar. There are many nations and many companies that have deep interest in the US and rely on the machine as it runs now. This is a real consequence we must consider.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I appreciate your concern, but so far i haven't recruited one single person. Several other members have volunteered their assistance to me, but that is much different than recruiting. All i have done is offer up my abilities to help lead them, and a foundation to build a true mission statement.

I'm sure if i was treading into dangerous territory, a Mod would have come in here and said so. Since I am fully confident in the ATS staff ability to moderate I am equally confident that my thread doesn't infringe on any TC rules and regs.

edit on 10-12-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: text fix

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Well infiltration means this;

To enter or become established in gradually or unobtrusively usually for subversive purposes.

And these words are associated with subversive;

Hidden, underground, below ground, buried, covered, covert, hush-hush, on the QT, private, secret, subterrestrial, sunken, under wraps, underfoot.

So its not my opinion, oh well, have fun with your march.

www.merriam-webster.com...

thesaurus.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have always said that the government has been allowing the new tech to be in the public eye so that we stay occupied and out of touch with what is really going on in our country. Bait and switch is something the government is really good at and have been for the last hundred years or so. What really surprises me is that more people are slow to realize that we went from horse and buggy to space flight in less than 100 years. The rich and powerful have always been watching us and finding new ways to gain control in one form or another.

Cell phones are electronic leashes that can be accessed by the government at the touch of a button. You can turn off the GPS tracker on the phone but they will still find you. The government along with other countries in the know are always plotting and scheming on how to keep us lacking in smarts because they are scared of the prospect of losing their power.

I believe that 1 million people marching to the capital will not be enough to get things started. You have to hit em where it hurts and that's the pocket book. Organizing a truckers strike, getting railroad workers to stay home for a week or possibly getting people who work at retail stores such as Wal-Mart or Target to take a week off would gain the attention of those on capital hill. The potential loss of all that revenue would open lots of eyes in Washington D.C. to the point that the Fed would beg people to get back to work.

One downside however would be that someone would have to be willing to lead this economic revolt and also whoever that is would have to be okay with possible criminal charges for crippling the most powerful nation on earth. Getting the people to stick together is going to be the tricky part because there is always going to be weak links in the chain and once the doubt starts to spread it will all crumble. That is where a strong leader who can sense doubt in those people who are unsure will be a real asset. He or she will have to be strong enough to carry the weight of all those souls on their shoulder and make them believe in what is being fought for.

Through out history people have risen up in a unified voice and governments have fallen so maybe it will work but it's going to take strong leadership to pull it off.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

That's why i dont understand the reason for reducing members in the HOR other than his explanation for monetary benefits. equal representation is important. restriction of the powers of those who represent is something Im in line for.

I think what the author is on about is that we need stronger local and state governments, and that they should be more relevant and more representative, and the Feds need to represent our common interestes, and therefore having les is better.
In my opinion the house has for a long time been far too corrupt. For this reason it needs to streamline and deal with our common interests.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Well in effect I am only acting subversive towards our governing body.

I feel like you still believe that my being a Mason has something to do with my positions here. That is very wrong.

While I choose to live my life by the Oaths I've taken, my views about reform/revolution do not effect those in any way, or vice-a-versa.

I have not infiltrated anything; Only offered the foundation of an idea that has been boiling up within many Americans, and many other citizens of earth.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You just slammed the hammer down on the head of that 20penny nail, my friend.

Well paraphrased.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

I apologize for going at you like that. Ur not bad, and to be honest I have the same basic concerns.

I just think we need to keep voicing our concerns and at some point people are going to have to deal.

I am all for this march!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Tanks!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
@W3RLIED2 & AdAbsurdum
well, Guys, what about next situation in posse: yours action is successful, but ye shall understand you were Just dolls in puppet show of a hidden clan???

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Funny that, Masons and revolutions...
Anyway, im not here to derail your thread, I just wanted to state that.
It's not that I dont think the idea is not a good one, just like I said, to me infiltration is when you have a member from a secret group joining another, how can they be trusted?
Also, not ALL of the members of Government are corrupt, lets not get it twisted, most of the corrupt are those who have secret oaths and belong to secret groups.
So why not do a protest against members of the Government who are involved in secret groups and secret meetings?
Why also now in the midst of the Wikileaks situation?
Like I said, Masons and revolutions, funny that...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

So you are saying that someone wants the people to create change because they planned it that way?

I see you are trying to imply some insidious conspiracy laying this all out.... But, I'm not seeing it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
For everyone wondering about new monetary, political, economical systems go here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is the write up that we are all working on currently. Critique, blow it away, support it. All input is appreciated.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

There is always hope, most of what you said about our youth are true, i know firsthand because i am one of them. Most of us are very ignorant we filled with BS from the media, most of us believe the lies that we are being fed and the zeitgeist that controls our society. But there are youth like myself and my friends who understand about this, who know what this world really is and what our society is really based on. We see truth through deception we know when the time comes we will be ready. I just hope the same could be said about my fellow peers. United we stand, divided we fall.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

What you're implying is that this is a lose/lose situation. If we do nothing and roll over we wait to take it one final time from the politicians and the banksters we lose. If we organize a march of protest, we lose. I have to disagree with you in a big way there.

The great thing about being poor is that I've had the privilege of meeting and surrounding myself with some of the brightest and coolest people on earth. Who in most, not all, but most situations are in the same or worse situations than myself.

I've watched 2 houses be taken from my family due to toxic loans that bankers gave out knowing that they were set to jack the interest rates up and force people out. I've stood by and watched all of my family in california suffer at the hands of every increasing property tax, while home values are depreciating! I've watched as prop 13 passed to public dismay, and guaranteed that property taxes will be raised again, further strangling the large populations of working class kids and even their parents to the point of homelessness. In my quarter century on this blue rock in the vastness of space, I've seen a lot more than my years let on.

My dad had a saying for me, the last time we were able to visit in san diego. He told me that for a 25 year old I have an unusually strong intuition, and connection with people. "Son, its not the year that the car was made, it's the mileage on the odometer that matters." -- Peter Martin

I have a lot of miles for a car that was made in 1985. Enough miles to know the difference between a losing situation and a situation that presents a glimmer of Hope. Our situation is difficult, but there is still Hope. That Hope is the spark that lies within us to do BIG things in life. For this reason, I stand firm that any action taken in protest is positive. When the only other alternative is to take it up the rear by uncle sam and his politician/banker/corporate buddies... with no lube... How could making a stand be a bad thing?

If we succeed with the action in DC, which it is my sincere Hope we do, we'll have to cross the bridges of reform when we get there. First we have to make the stand, or else we will never know.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Wikileaks has been a global catalyst for action. Now corruption is staring everyone right in the face, because we have the cables to prove it. That is why now is a good time to do this. Where before my words have fallen on deaf ears, now that wikileaks has snapped a few people out of it, my Hope is rekindled.

And, yes, I agree with you. While I would not ever put my self in the realm of historic 'revolutionaries' , they are a very great influence to have. Some of them were Masons, others just driven Americans, like Jefferson(not a Mason) for example.

"Every generation needs a new revolution"

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.”

Revolution is the spirit that drives America.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What bunk

Complete tripe...and I -have- seen this nonsense before.

They go on about some big flag waving half mast nonsense, then stuff in a bunch of pseudo-jargon...stuffing in the real point between a bunch of fluff.

whats the real point the OPs is trying to make

The count in senate and house. making it no longer a representation of population, but simply of state.

Therefore, the rural areas...the population sparce places...aka, the Red states, have more power than urban areas.

Yes...I totally want 10 thousand people to be equal to 10 million people...that makes sense.

Totally transparent motive lapped up by the mathmatically challenged to create a hidden right wing takeover. Not to worry though, its soo bloody transparent that plenty will see right through it and immediately shout out the wolf in the sheeps clothing.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Shhhh...if you keep pointing out the obvious, its not going to work...just wave your flag, shed a tear, and demand only 1 per state

As I just said...its a bullocks plan (and a real conspiracy...this is making its way around the net as some pretend "grassroots" movement.(its not)).

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

While he may have started there, I have moved the goal posts. This isn't about red or blue and I have drawn up something that I think Dems and and Repubs can both agree on.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

His initial statement is a good place to start, but please see that the idea is that we do not require federal involvement in our lives. We do not need a federal apparatus to tell us how to live. We can, and have, lived freely with out it.

Honestly, if you don't like at was said here by the OP, please follow my link and address what I've written up, because what is in my link is what we are rolling with.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join