It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Riots: Riot Vans and Rolls Royces

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by raceway40

you talk about 31.00 an hour and COMPLAINING about it, I manage to live on 1300 A MONTH,thats what the VA gives me for my pension, quit your crying!

Maybe you and your VA buddies should join forces and start damn protesting about it. Unless your happy with your treatment

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Each one of these protesters deserve to be arrested, thrown in jail and repay EVERY PENNY of damage they caused

No way. Riots are what change things. We need a riot for sanity here in the US.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You are definitely not alone in being suspicious of that van. I saw it live on the news at the time, all looked too perfect, obvious bait/trap. Of course it could just be a genuine mistake by the police, but it did look like a good opportunity to incite/expose some violence from the protestors.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone posted this or not, but their schooling is still like 400% cheaper than here in America...

It will wind up costing me $40,000 to go to Sac State and if i can't get grants, i can't go...

They are trying to force me into debt, before i even begin, but i ain't stupid.. They are the stupid ones, because everything we learn in class, can be learned at home, in a library or online.. Just get that stupid piece of paper that is "Oh so important."

I was even trying to get a Student Visa to go study in New Zealand, but I'm not qualified

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by raceway40

I'm talking about the property they destroyed, what right do they have to do that?
I'm all for peaceful protesting, but when you destroy property, I draw the line at that

Peaceful protesting, that does a whole lot. Go look at the past few G20's . People weren't doing anything except playing music and were assaulted by plain clothes officers. It's a war you idiot. Wake up.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by FlyersFan

Apparently feel-good intentions and well-wishing for all supercede hard figures and absolute math.

Some twisted American views about the different European society models/tax systems and the ignorance about the current financial crises is just astonishing!

The problem which broke the camel's back of the European financial system was mainly because of exported fraudulent financial instrument from the US and debt in certain European countries, and NOT our health and educational system as a whole in EVERY Northen European countries where education is financed with our high taxes.

The current problem is about math alright!

The math of the fraud which orginated from your Wall Street, which you brought upon the world, which is one of the culprits that broke our system!

The problem which broke the European financial system was partly because of your "exported" fraudulent financial instruments and corrupt Banks, and NOT because of our health and educational systems here, which are financed with our high taxes god damn it. So please drop the ignorant talk about free rides and other delusional fantasies, at least in regards to the Northen European countries.

Greedy yanks on Wall Street destroyed the financial system - many thanks you greedy twits!

One of the foremost experts on structured finance and derivatives - Janet Tavakoli - says that rampant fraud and Ponzi schemes caused the financial crisis.

University of Texas economics professor James K. Galbraith agrees:

You had fraud in the origination of the mortgages, fraud in the underwriting, fraud in the ratings agencies.

Congress woman Marcy Kaptur says that there was rampant fraud leading up to the crash.

According to economist Max Wolff: The securitization process worked by "packag(ing), sell(ing), repack(aging) and resell(ing) mortages making what was a small housing bubble, a gigantic (one) and making what became an American financial problem very much a global" one by selling mortgage bundles worldwide "without full disclosure of the lack of underlying assets or risks."

Buyers accepted them on good faith, failed in their due diligence, and rating agencies were negligent, even criminal, in overvaluing and endorsing junk assets that they knew were high-risk or toxic. "The whole process was corrupt at its core."

www.globalresearch.ca...

Alan Greenspan: The Banks Robbed You.

market-ticker.org...

Greenspan admits financial crisis was caused by fraud & criminal actions.

The Great Geithner Coverup of The Fraud Behind The Financial Meltdown - Keeping The Information And Truth Away from The Public - It's All About The Public's Confidence.

William K. Black - professor of economics and the senior regulator during the S & L crisis - says that that the government's entire strategy now - as during the S&L crisis - is to cover up how bad things are ("the entire strategy is to keep people from getting the facts").

William Black says that massive fraud by is what caused the economic crisis. Specifically, he says that companies, auditors, rating agencies and regulators all committed fraud which helped blow the bubble and sowed the seeds of the inevitable crash. Indeed, as I have previously noted, the giant ratings agencies have a culture of covering up improper ratings (and they essentially took bribes for giving higher ratings).

Black also notes:

Everyone involved knew that the CDOs which packaged subprime loans were not AAA credit-worthy (which means that they are completely risk-free). He also said that the exotic instruments (CDOs, CDS, etc.) which spun the mortgages into more and more abstract investments were intentionally created to defraud investors

In November 2007, one rating agency - Fitch's - dared to take a look at some loan files. Fitch concluded that there was the appearance of fraud in nearly every file reviewed

www.globalresearch.ca...

morally corrupted and fraudulent financial institutions on Wall Street had sold worthless and fraudulently stamped fake AAA rated 'Credit Default Swaps' derivatives and other multiple rackaged toxic financial instrument to foreign investors through their financial subsidiaries in London.

And the fraud which occured and triggered the worldwide finacial crises from the beginning was due to weak and fraudulent underwriting practice with fraudulently stamped fake AAA ratings on worthless derivative & financial instruments on Wall Street.

Then these toxic papers were sold and repackaged and re-sold back-and-forth through and between a chain of Wall Street institutions (and with every sell a higher leverage and higher value like excess bank leverage at 40 to 1) which derived from the actions from a handful of greedy investment Banks on Wall Street and their morally corrupt henchmen before they were sold as first class AAA financial instruments overseas to foreign state pension funds and some of the largest bond mutual funds in the world.

To admit this American fraud openly to the public would've destroyed the confidence for the world financial system.

And the foreign bailouts which then followed were to foreign state pension funds and some of the largest bond mutual funds in the world etc, trying to get their money back after being sold fraudulent investments.

Some of these bail-outs later went through AIG who had written the insurance instruments for all these worthless toxic and fake stamped derivatives that had fake AAA ratings, the naked derivatives and other toxic financial instruments which were sold overseas.- then bubble bursted and the fraud was discovered and blew up in their faces because all the underlaying value of the derivatives was based on the worthless & insanely high leverage of multiple repackaged A subprime morguages.

That's probably why Wall Street and the US is seen as the great Satan!

Apparently feel-good intentions and well-wishing

That's exactly what the American politicians and the American media are indoctrinating your people with:

"feel-good intentions and well-wishing"

To distract you and direct the problem away from themselves to make the American people "feel-good" and better about themselves, they use this propaganda and point their finger at the problems in Europe instead,

Goldman Sachs helped to hide the debt in some of the Southern European nations and went behind the backs of the other richer European nations and brussels by doing so.

Goldman Sachs were deeply involved with the economic warfare against the euro and was later with insider knowledge betting against Greece and the €uro after they were involved with creating this problem for the rest of Europe in the first place.

Goldman Goes Rogue – Special European Audit To Follow

A single rogue trader can bring down a bank – remember the case of Barings. But a single rogue bank can bring down the world’s financial system.

And the US government, at the highest levels, has to ask a fundamental question: For how long does it wish to be intimately associated with Goldman Sachs and this kind of destabilizing action? What is the priority here - a sustainable recovery and a viable financial system, or one particular set of investment bankers?

The credibility of the Federal Reserve, already at an all-time low, has just suffered another crippling blow; the ECB is also now in the line of fire. Goldman Sachs has a lot to answer for.

baselinescenario.com...

How Goldman Sachs Helped Greece to Mask its True Debt

Goldman Sachs helped the Greek government to mask the true extent of its deficit with the help of a derivatives deal that legally circumvented the EU Maastricht deficit rules. At some point the so-called cross currency swaps will mature, and swell the country's already bloated deficit.

www.spiegel.de...

About Goldman Sachs involvement and actions in the Greek Tragedy:

“It’s like buying fire insurance on your neighbor’s house — you create an incentive to burn down the house,” said: Philip Gisdakis, head of credit strategy at UniCredit in Munich

To be fair in this discussion, I'm not saying that some European nations don't have any financial/economical problem and debt problems which now affect us in Northen Europe as well - because that problem is very real - and it will not go away until they create a two tier €uro system in Europe between the strong disciplined and fiscally responsible economical nations and the ones who now are in deep trouble.

So a couple of European nations has now problems with their debts - that's very true, and yes, the UK is unfortunately one of them.

But that is a far cry from saying that ALL the education and healthcare systems in ALL European nations created this current financial crises AND was the culprit which broke the European "education model" in EVERY European country - because that is just ignorance and is simply NOT TRUE!

The troubled fraudulent Banks, the rich tax dodgers and the corrupt politicians are the real culprits here - not the ordinary people nor our European educational systems which are financed by very high taxes.

I currently live in an European nation with stable economic fundamentals which wasn't affected by any significant recession at all, furthermore, the country does not have an excessive debt, a growth of 6% this year with unemployment at 5,5%. And our free/cheap healthcare & educational system is working just fine thanks to our higher taxes.

That's some riot math for you!

edit on 10-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: my keyboard is rioting!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

Come over here, as a foreigner you'll get it for free, it's only us English that have to pay that much for it!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by Chevalerous

Chevalerous

I hope you read my reply to Dagar because believe it or not I agree with him on taxation......

PDUK

Yeah mate!

I went back and read the whole thread again!

And yeah, any higher taxation will probably kill us, but at least up til now the most important services were provided through the higher tax model here in Europe.

If they take that away piece by piece but the tax levels will remain at the same level as before but "sans" these services. This is only going to create more class warfare in our societies between those who can afford these sevices and those that can't.

This neoliberal Americanisation of the system will mostly benefit the Banks and their corrupt politicians - because the people will still pay the high European taxes.

I mean, less people would complain if our taxes at the same time went down to an American level so that most people can afford to buy these services themselves from private alternatives - but they won't give us any lower taxes, do they!

This crap is insane! :shk:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

10 out of 10 for bringing this LiveForever8, fantastic. This kind of thing needs to be pubicised a lot more.

People who organsie protests need to start organising their own video tapers who look out for these kinds of things. Had I not seen the thread on the G20 summit protests where the video celarly shows the provocotres, I never have considered that many peacful protests are hijacked by co-conspirators which must by definition include the police senior management and the secuirty forces and goverment as well in this case.

cheers

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I saw this very same scenario at the G20 protests in Toronto - abandoned police cars being torn up by protesters. That's what the news focused on for the rest of the protests (and the days after).

I can't help but feel that it's a tactic to smear the protesters' message - "Look, they're just a bunch of hooligans! Side with us!!" Clever bait. If you can persuade the protesters to get violent, then outside public opinion is easily swayed towards protecting the "courageous" police and the "progressive" government. :facepalm:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Each one of these protesters deserve to be arrested, thrown in jail and repay EVERY PENNY of damage they caused

You are a tool. You troll alot....I don't believe your opinions are real. Screw the world government. You be buried with them.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
I don't know if anyone posted this or not, but their schooling is still like 400% cheaper than here in America...

It will wind up costing me $40,000 to go to Sac State and if i can't get grants, i can't go...

They are trying to force me into debt, before i even begin, but i ain't stupid.. They are the stupid ones, because everything we learn in class, can be learned at home, in a library or online.. Just get that stupid piece of paper that is "Oh so important."

I was even trying to get a Student Visa to go study in New Zealand, but I'm not qualified

Actually its more expensive over here.

£9000 a year x 4 years = £36000, which is closer too $60,000 AND thanks to the previous labour government we dont have a grant system anymore!
(People from my generation didn't smash london up though because we aren't pricks)

However you don't pay any of the money back until your earnings reach a certain level, and this level will increase inline with inflation, so its not all that bad really (to many poeple were going to university anyway, somewhat reduces the value of a degree if 50% of the population are going and doing made up courses like belly button fluff management)

edit on 11-12-2010 by MaxSteiner because: noticed a typo which hurt my eyes!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by squirelnutz

Come over here, as a foreigner you'll get it for free, it's only us English that have to pay that much for it!

Actually foreign students don't have a cap on how much they pay.
Thats what was keeping a majority of universities afloat (UAE students are worth mega bucks!), the new system increases what we pay, but places a cap on how many foreign students a university is allowed to enroll.

HOWEVER for some reason the freaking scottish STILL GET FREE UNIVERSITY?!?!?!?!?!?! I think its beyond unfair that this is still the case when the rest of the UK is facing higher fees, especially when you consider the scottish economy is completly dependant on the rest of the UK proping it up!

(And if you move to scotland, live there a while, then enroll to a university whilst a Scottish resident, you DO get free tuition....)

(sorry for two posts in a row, but that totally needed addressing)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

It was a 'tongue in cheeck' statement which perhaps escaped you and was not intended to be taken literally.

Apologies for my lack of clarity, but then again, I could never afford a University education, either back in the 80's or now.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Those royal journeys are meticulously planned and the protection officers which are probably ex special services are in constant contact with the police.

So why were they deliberately led through the protest I think we all know .... get it in the media....bring in the draconian law ''so it never happens again''.....the net closes on freedom......job done !!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

It was coming down long before the bad investments.

Huge cuts were on the table in 2000 and earlier.

Blame it on the recent events if you want. Blame it on martians and gyspsies.

In the end 2+2 will never equal 5 no matter how "nice" it would be or how many people it would "help."

By ignoring the past 40 years and blaming everything on the past couple of years you're playing right into the scam.

Of course recent events are the straw that broke the back but that back wasnt healthy or strong to begin with. If left completely alone it would have broken within the next 20 years without the help of scamming banks.
edit on 11-12-2010 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
I'm not sure how it works in Britain, since I'm American, but over here my tax money pays for police cars. If it's the same across the pond then i see no problem with destroying every last bit of it.

Don't be ridiculous.

As a tax-payer, that would make you a joint-owner of this property, along with millions of other people. You would have absolutely no right to damage property that also belongs to me.

Do you think it would be acceptable to demolish a house that you joint-owned with your partner, without your partner's consent ?

Or destroy a lottery ticket of a syndicate that you were a member of ?

edit on 11-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
There is no doubt in my mind they put agents in the midst to turn public opinion against the protesters.

Agents this agents that. People go spontaneously nuts when in masses, the younger they are the easier it happens. You don't need any agents to provoke vandalism.
edit on 11/12/2010 by DGFenrir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Human beings need to stand up for their rights even if it means fighting for them. It's like when the slaves revolted. Now adays you wouldnt say they had to pay back their slave masters for the damage they did its a revolt not an accident. Dont be passive pawns

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cazzy2211
I thought it was interesting that the security guys in the car following the royals didn't make any attempt to protect them, I would have thought that was their job.

Why couldn't they have travelled to the gig in a regular or darkened windowed car?

It is staged. No doubt about it. Gov or police plants to disrupt and discredit the millions of good protesters. If some of you people would go out in the street and vocalize your displeasure instead of fooling around with your keyboards all day- you would recognize this kind of set up. Government spending should benefit the people and I can't think of anything better than giving aid to educate our youth. But gov spending of taxpayer's money goes to defense, goes to the banks, big corps. to the ruling class. So u you people complaining about the students' concerns are really off base. Government should exist for the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join