It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Riot Footage in England

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I dont c U in the footage

reply to post by Freeborn

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Thats a pretty weak and nasty response, 1) you don't know what he looks like, 2) the cameras wouldn't have shown everybody.

OK chances are he wasn't there, but thats not the point.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Really? so f'ing what? If youre not American I dont care lol and America has the biggest member hands down. All of you from the UK are "conspiring" to act as if youre doing something but none of you are in the footage. Do something 1st.

Americans are not going to riot, we're way past that. We're right now relaxing and letting the Elitists dig a deeper hole for themselves. LOL riot? That is a civil disturbance in the US.

reply to post by blupblup

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Every American is waiting for a leader and an example. Once that is accomplished all of America will follow suit. The people are just now realizing something is wrong. Watch the reaction when Americans wake up.

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

The Brixton, Toxteth and other riots of the 80's caused a completely different approach to policing in urban inner cities and the institutionalised racism and brutality of the British Police which was endemic at the time.

The regeneration of these inner cities was seen as a priority.

Unfortunately the authorities only attempted to paper over tthe cracks and the potential for large scale unrest in these areas is still high.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I wouldn’t call this riot “Awesome” I would call it counterproductive for what those of us who are campaigning against this for the good of society are trying to achieve. It’s sad because this is a big step forward for the government and a big step backwards for the world class UK university establishments.

Society needs university educated people, this is a privilege for both the individual receiving the education and society, this privilege should not just be available to the rich elites but to all individuals who deserve it. Regardless of how rich mummy and daddy are.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
r u his lawyer? really? I dont f'ing care if he was there or not, that doesnt even matter. UK ATS members, in general, think they are affiliated automatically because of the national identities of these agitated kids. ATS is home to the most "coffee shop revolutionaries", the S in ATS stands for Stabucks when it comes to people wishing to see change. " False prophets" omg are only trumped by these " coffee shop revolutionaries" on here. NASTY is good for these kind of ppl, its the American way.

reply to post by woogleuk

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
Really? so f'ing what? If youre not American I dont care lol

Well there we have it....

What a fantastic and insightful member we have here, one whose very presence in this thread is of absolute importance to us all.

All of you from the UK are "conspiring" to act as if youre doing something but none of you are in the footage. Do something 1st.

How do you know who was in the footage?

How do you know whether or not I know what a truncheon feels like?

How do you know how many protests I've attended in the last 15 years?

How do you anything about the world when it seems your "world" view is limited to your own country?

You're the kind of person who gives America a bad name..... an arrogant, ignorant fool.

Americans are not going to riot, we're way past that. We're right now relaxing and letting the Elitists dig a deeper hole for themselves. LOL riot? That is a civil disturbance in the US.

Of course you are, relaxing....apathy... whatever you want to call it...... no you're not going to riot because you'd get shot and battered and you're scared.
Y'all have guns but you keep them under your pillows just in case..... you're not armed and out on the streets trying to do anything... You're criticising others who ARE out there doing something.

edit on 10/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

British protest:

US protest:

Regardless of the country, if the people are pushed they react, and whilst its a shame when it turns to violence, it often does, people get hurt and things stay the same. There has to be a better way to get change, shame no-ones thought of it yet.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
. ATS is home to the most "coffee shop revolutionaries", the S in ATS stands for Stabucks when it comes to people wishing to see change.

Not directed at me but I feel the need to point out to you that:

ATS does not allow Activism..... that's it.

Plenty of people on here are activists and attend protests and so on.... the problem is ATS does not allow those kinds of discussions.

It's right there in ATS Terms and Conditions.

And whether you agree or not, they are the rules of ATS.

It's not because people on here don't do anything.... It's that they're not allowed to talk about what they do.
edit on 10/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Listen 'mate', I don't have to justify myself to an ignaramous like you.

Your pathetc cheap attempt at having a pop at me from behind the safety of the internet in response to my observation of the total inaction of the American people at protesting about anything speaks volumes about YOU, not me.

And for the record I have done more than my share of protesting, against various things, and I assure you I met things head on and despite my age and having passed the baton on to a younger generation I assure you I am still more than capable of holding my own and am ready to stand up and be counted.

Can the same be said about you or are you just another pathetic cyber warrior living out your fantasies on the internet whilst in reality being a spineless, pissy arsed little prick with the moral strength and fibre of a snivelling little runt??

Don't ever assume to know anything about me, or anyone else for that matter who you 'meet' on the internet, because you may just bite off more than you can chew.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Those that protest againt the actual rioting need to see that, promise's were made by those getting elected to not raise tuition fee's, that promise was broken (Surprised?) In exchange, the "promised" peaceful protest was also broken - Does each of these incidents not cancel one another out?

And increase of uni fee's i UNACEEPTIBLE. I WILL aid the class divide, ensuring that the current ruling elite, remain the ruling elite. You must see what this does for society as a whole, great minds may not get the education they need & deserve because there background is poor.

They want to keep people in debt so that they cant afford to protest, its a long term form of control and social division. Education for the masses i say.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Quality Post Woogleuk.....

The whole sorry affair has been caused by the American way ..........

A post by a member Called Chevalerous said the following and I think it is SO true....it was a rely to an American 'observer' who can't understand what's wrong !!

posted on 10-12-2010 @ 11:23 PM this post
Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Chevalerous

Were still paying much higher taxes than you in general and should get our services in return for the high taxes we pay each year!

Otherwise we would have the same tax system and society model as you have and pay much less taxes - and pay for these services ourselves!

Contrary to your American propaganda, It's generally not this system that is malfunctioning because it worked fine until the banks broke this system and now our common tax funds is directed to bail out the Banks with public funds instead.

The Banks and the financial institutions is the reason for this crap not the people nor our European health and educational model.

The Banks on Wall Street started this crap with their fraud when they sold us fraudulent faked AAA rated Credit Default Swaps and other toxic financial intruments through their subsidiaries in financial London to European investors, mutual funds and retirement funds!

That's what broke our systems you twits!
edit on 10-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Oh yes mate.... that's pretty much what I was trying to say to the guy

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Dear Rioters, AIM FOR THE NUTS OF THESE COPPERS. they have knight sticks and horses, even it up why dont ya.

I train with SWAT guys here in the states, and they arent any joke,and we train with lots of weapons and aim for stun points to decapacitate a limb. Please do the same back, but for their whole body.

Wear gloves to protect your fingers, because we train to hit the hands with the knight sticks and billy clubs (and in thai sword arts, cutting the hands)

Theres a martial arts concept common amongst many styles, find the open window. For instance, a kick and a punch coming from the same side towards head and top of body you will only be able to block one. It takes a certain technique that only rough and tough martial arts can block a swift kick to the nuts. The nut kick works in ground, standing, striking, and standing grappling positions. If hes wearing a cup, duck your chin under your shoulders , agaisnt your body, take the 3 seconds itll take to "feel" for the cup (yes with your hands), move it to the side, and GO AT IT AGAIN.

Get your own riot sheilds

www.code3tactical.com...

big guy protect the guy at top while a smaller more agile guy is underneath, incapacitating people, one set of gonads at a time.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Acidtastic

Your talking UK, which means absolutely nothing to me because the UK police have neither the man power or the materials to combat a riot (if there was one) in the USA. My point being I would've loved to see those to protests here, they would have been stopped quite abruptly. So please site and riots that took place and got something done in america, also I'm not talking protests since your being hypocritical to your other post where you said peaceful protest doesn't work. So therefor the "protest" you stated doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about. So please show me where this has worked and I'm not talking the UK, they riot every single day it seems, so how bout if you want to bring them into the picture you state all the "failed" riots, I'm sure there's plenty.

Also you said the first "two" you mentioned were recent, the first was about 20 years ago and the second was a protest so it isn't related to this "riot" thread.
edit on 10-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)
I'll take that as a no, then?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

His views are that of a few narrow minded North Americans who can't see past stars and stripes, and IMO just like to cause arguments in threads, my favourite one is that WWII would have been lost if it wasn't for the US, jeeze that gets my back up.

But thankfully only a few Americans feel that way, the rest think like the rest of us, that its an unfair world all round and something needs to be done.

I actually feel bad about defending against comments people like that because I don't want civilised, decent Americans (especially my friends) thinking I hate the US, this is not the case, I only dislike the government, small minded buggers and a small percentage of its armed forces that think killing / torturing civilians is a fun game.

These kids are protesting for their future, and a few nutters turned it into a riot, people got hurt, the tuition fees will stand, bad day.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This may have already been posted (to many posts to go through)

But: When the Hell are Americans going to wake up and fight back too?

Tuition fees are not just going up in London but here too, and once the students get out of college, they can't get jobs.

WAKE UP AMERICA

good job Brits

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

To point I agree, but when do the people finally say enough is enough, how do we have to take before we're allowed to snap? If people take this opportunity to stand up and be counted then this could be the time that it does make a difference, because the global situation at the moment is affecting us all, but it will take us all to try and achieve it.

Look at the protests before the war, we need the same on a global scale in opposing the current banking system, and demand that our Governments priorities lie with the people and not with corporations.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by fonenyc

Listen 'mate', I don't have to justify myself to an ignaramous like you.

Your pathetc cheap attempt at having a pop at me from behind the safety of the internet in response to my observation of the total inaction of the American people at protesting about anything speaks volumes about YOU, not me.

And for the record I have done more than my share of protesting, against various things, and I assure you I met things head on and despite my age and having passed the baton on to a younger generation I assure you I am still more than capable of holding my own and am ready to stand up and be counted.

Can the same be said about you or are you just another pathetic cyber warrior living out your fantasies on the internet whilst in reality being a spineless, pissy arsed little prick with the moral strength and fibre of a snivelling little runt??

Don't ever assume to know anything about me, or anyone else for that matter who you 'meet' on the internet, because you may just bite off more than you can chew.

Who the hell are you telling us americans what we should protest and what should we not......

Don't worry about us mate your government is taking 60%of your taxes and YOU let them... If for whatever this teaches us americans your socialized hand outs and way of life is NOT what we want... Thanks for leading the way to show us your system sucks.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join