It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Riot Footage in England

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Over the summer I was in the G20 riots in Pennsylvania. The police were afraid to do anything on account of all the guns in the crowd. It wasnt a huge riot but then again we're not really into rioting. Let me add there was no gun violence at all but the potential is HUGE in Pennsylvania where the typical household contains 3 or more firearms.
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: can you dig it

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

Lol.
They really are a joke and not representative of the majority of young people.

I'm fortunate that there aren't many where I live; it is very much a no-nonsense sort of place.

I have been to Kent a few times and have some very good friends there.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by Freeborn

Lol silly chavs, I was visiting friends in Kent and some locals chavs tried to "rob" me, I use the word "rob" in a very loose sense, they basically tried to convince me to give them all I had. It was overall a very funny experience that ended with me repeating what they said while smoking down a cigarette and giving them the butt and everyone around them laughing.

Don't you love that when you go to these hillside downs. And they think they're bad, and demand/ASK for your money. Where as in real bad areas they just beat the # out of you

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Over the summer I was in the G20 riots in Pennsylvania. The police were afraid to do anything on account of all the guns in the crowd. It wasnt a huge riot but then again we're not really into rioting. Let me add there was no gun violence at all but the potential is HUGE in Pennsylvania where the typical household contains 3 or more firearms.
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: can you dig it

Sounds good. I just hate the American majority who think they do everything better than everyone else. Obviously you'll be offended by what I've said, and rightly so, but there's such a large majority of american idiots that its hard not to take the occasional pot shot.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Oh I know I've met some very kind people in the UK and the normal kids there arent bad. Cept the silly ones in the burberry . During the "encounter" I was trying to teach them to speak proper ghetto. I once fell in love with a girl from Kent, never loved anyone the same since but the UK has given this Yank many good times and even more good friends.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I dont agree with Violence, but history has shown that it works. The Poll tax was repealed after the riots in 1990. The bill had been passed like yesterday. The Poll tax footage makes yesterdays protest look like a Tea Party.

I'm not so sure it was the rioting that stopped the poll tax - more likely it was the refusal to register by so many or to pay the tax...i.e. direct action/civil disobedience, that really halted it. It bacame un-workable - local authorities couldn't collect the money they required to run services.

It was ultimately a means of keeping the tories in power. If you didn't register for the tax you lost your right to vote....and mostly it was labour voters who didn't register because they were losing out, and the tory voters who did because they benefited financially.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

That is refreshing and good to hear.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yeah it was hilarious. I was asking them about there "gang" and asking to see there weapons. There was a kind of old style folding knife the one had, it was too funny. Im no thug but I've lived in Philly and Newark, A little while in NYC and have been beaten up by real thugs.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm not offended, Thankfully that generation is mostly dead and those who still hold onto it are too stupid to be listened to here, Do as we do, and ignore them there mostly just spoiled bratty kids who are obsessed with texting and facebook. No real brains to contend with when dealing with them.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yeah it was hilarious. I was asking them about there "gang" and asking to see there weapons. There was a kind of old style folding knife the one had, it was too funny. Im no thug but I've lived in Philly and Newark, A little while in NYC and have been beaten up by real thugs.

Exactly right brother. As an Englishman I find it hilarious too. I've lived in Orange County for a short while and got on fine. But these chavs you get in the English towns, I'd just love to send them to London or Manchester, nevermind Jersey!

It's like I tell them. They're medium sized fish in a small town. Well I'm a big fish, so don't confront me!

I grew up in a bad town, even by American standards. If somebody was going to rob you, they do NOT ASK, they do it. Someone will stroll up and beat the hell out of you, or poke you with a box cutter. I had to laugh when I moved to a middle class town full of 'chavs'. And they came up and asked me for my money. You know right there, they're not the real deal

I fecking hate chavs

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X
reply to post by mayabong

Wow! This is completely insane!!!! Brave people!!!! Good for them!
Now, would this ever happen here in the U.S.? Or are people scared of being taken to Camp FEMA?
S&F I have new-found energy and hope.

I was thinking the same thing. Riots are so incredibly rare in the U.S. and when they DO happen they aren't ever on a large scale. The Brits sure know how to express their opinions in a violent way. And honestly... I don't oppose that... because unfortunately violence is sometimes necessary (especially right now). I hope that the U.S. starts to wake up and fight back against these filthy, greedy bankers.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
These students need some lessons on strategery and tactics,im ready for our riots courtesy of a family friend ex IRA that fled Ireland in the late 20's to escape the British noose he's taught me about real riots where you have ball bearings to throw at the horses and how to break the phalanx(police line) by attacking the gaps if the anarchists really wanted to put on a good show they should study a bit of history.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

They need a reality check, and yeah bad towns are everywhere. I was mugged by a group of kids I grew up with, we were all friends for years then one day when we were all about 12-13 they all decided hey lets get the white guys. It was truely messed up all these kids and there older brothers stopped us on the street, attacked us robbed us. and the cops said oh well
and they wonder why I carry a gun

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

They need a reality check, and yeah bad towns are everywhere. I was mugged by a group of kids I grew up with, we were all friends for years then one day when we were all about 12-13 they all decided hey lets get the white guys. It was truely messed up all these kids and there older brothers stopped us on the street, attacked us robbed us. and the cops said oh well
and they wonder why I carry a gun

"So many man now-a-days are so see-through, beware of their deceitful ways when they greet you.
Those who feel it, know it because they've been through, times when their friends wanna switch up to beat you!
I never used to see it, but, now I got a clear view. Don't let no bad-minded heads try get near you.
If the're not on your level, they'll never hear you. Ain't no time to be shaken or fearfull....."

Skinnyman(Britains anwser to Nas)

I think anyone who's grown up in poverty has gone through situations where their "friends"(and i quote for good reason) switch up on you

Edit: Sorry to hear also about your racist experience. Unfortunately I think that's how the world is, especially in small-town England. I grew up in a largely Pakistani area, and despite being white and Atheists I faced much bigotry and violence simply for being friends with who I'm friends with.

The world would be a much better place if people took each other on their values, and not their background or skin colour

edit on 10-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

As much as the animal in me wants to be there with them, causing mayhem and destruction, it saddens me to see how a highly intelligent, sophisticated nation such as the UK has resorted to anarchy. The imagery is provoking and makes me want to go storm Sacramento with a bunch of Hooligans, but what good would it do? Violence begets violence.

I know the mob feels like they are standing up for whats right, and taking a stand against corruption, greed and the like, but this will do nothing but detach the powerful people even further from the public.

I know its a long shot, but as human beings, we've come a long way from our animal ancestors, and pure anarchy and attacking police (who are just doing their job, they dont have anything to do with the "bankers") just isnt the way to get things done.

The only way we will accomplish anything, and make the world aware of whats REALLY going on, is to sit down, argue, debate, and make an intellectual stand.

On a the flip side of things, where do I get me one of them neon green jackets? I want to go around bashing peoples heads in with a billy club without fear or arrest or legal reprisal!!

Why arent they using tear gas?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
reply to post by TETRA.X

People in the U.S. will start acting out when they realize what an incredibly complex scam has been pulled on them.

The problem with americans is that so many are just too butt stooooopid to see anything as being wrong at all.

Graduating from college to a job that is no longer there,while owing $60,000 back in school loans should raise a red flag or two,but no!!!,they just go to work for burger king as a manager.

Certain aspects of society are not to be used for profiteering,but few see that problem either.....

This may be so, but with fast food restaurants closing up daily there wont be those jobs around for long either. It might take time but eventually the people will fight back. Also, what about the 99 weekers that now have NO money and no more extensions ?? It will all come to a head. SOONER than later !!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
On a the flip side of things, where do I get me one of them neon green jackets? I want to go around bashing peoples heads in with a billy club without fear or arrest or legal reprisal!!

Why arent they using tear gas?

There ya go

www.hivizworkwear.net...

Or an official police one

www.asecurityonestopshop.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to point out, how the state of affairs is very reminiscent of a time not too long ago.

Riots, bad economy, lack of satisfaction with elected officials, this was all happening in the 70's, and we got great social statements out of it.

The sex pistols lyrics were heartfelt poignant. Not like the BS nonsense we hear today in pop culture.

Anarchy In The Uk is as much of a rallying cry today as it ever was 30 years ago.

edit on 10-12-2010 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm off to bed folks work in the morning, but before I go, I've just been chatting about this with a friend in Oklahoma via facebook chat and he said that on a couple of occasions when he was serving, if they had British troops on the base they (US CO's) would issue laminated cards that said something along the lines of "DO NOT fight, drink or gamble with the British troops, YOU WILL lose"
Can anyone verify this? or is he pulling my leg? It's just made me chuckle regardless.

G'night all.
edit on 10/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Just goes to show that the Brit authorities can't handle there #.

2nd line.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join