Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Awesome Riot Footage in England

page: 7
68
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by girdermonkey84
doesnt this just prove that when we all stick together theres not alot the ptb can do! there near enough powerless




Yeah man.


And it doesn't even need to be violent.
If we all just walked out of work, school, university or whatever..... sat down and said we're not moving until we get the changes we want, the world would come to a stand-still.

But there is far too much apathy.... far too much "let someone else do it" mentality.

And then most moan when they see people protest and the media make them out to be monsters and yobs and hooligans.

These scenes will be the norm in a few years... when unemployment reaches scarily high levels and the rich-poor divide is such that most of us live in abject poverty.




posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
People in the UK are starting to get pissed off. Especially the talented youth, what kind of future do they really have?

Honestly.

If you only knew how bad it is all going to get.

But I have the feeling you will not have long to wait.



This is just some of the more mild parts of the New World Order.

The really bad stuff will be Agenda 21 and what they have in
mind on the Georgia Guidestones.

Evil is as evil does, their actions over the centuries speak volumes.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This footage isn't awesome it's idiotic. What does rioting actually achieve? What a waste of time and energy.
The police they're hurling things at and clashing with are civilians as well, they're not the decision makers. There are no winners here. When will people learn that this type of behaviour is counterproductive.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong
 


This is over the uhh.. sh** raise in tuition rates or something right? and something else, not sure.
help me out.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan
This footage isn't awesome it's idiotic. What does rioting actually achieve? What a waste of time and energy.
The police they're hurling things at and clashing with are civilians as well, they're not the decision makers. There are no winners here. When will people learn that this type of behaviour is counterproductive.



Do you want me to write a 100 page list on what rioting has acheived? Try the poll tax riots for a start.

This behaviour is NOT counterproductive. There's zero evidence for that. You're told by the media and government its counterproductive, and just roll with it.

I guarantee violent protest is more effective than peaceful protest, and that history and facts show me to be right. Come, lets debate this issue. It's your move. Cite examples of peaceful protest having notable effect on government.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
.Not a question of if but when. Americans are extremists and believe that this footage is "tame" compared to an American riot.


Originally posted by TETRA.X
reply to post by mayabong
 


Wow! This is completely insane!!!! Brave people!!!! Good for them!
Now, would this ever happen here in the U.S.? Or are people scared of being taken to Camp FEMA?
S&F I have new-found energy and hope.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
.Not a question of if but when. Americans are extremists and believe that this footage is "tame" compared to an American riot.


Originally posted by TETRA.X
reply to post by mayabong
 


Wow! This is completely insane!!!! Brave people!!!! Good for them!
Now, would this ever happen here in the U.S.? Or are people scared of being taken to Camp FEMA?
S&F I have new-found energy and hope.


What American riots? Americans don't riot, that's the point. All you hear is how Americans are armed to the teeth and when it goes off it'll really go off. The problem is, it won't happen. Americans are too scared of their own police and government.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
This all stems from post cold war Europe, A quite a different Europe that we have today. Take the UK for instance we are now just a little island just of the coast of France, All the work is generally central Europe and TPTB will continue to "empire build" in this area, Take Germany, now reunification has been thoroughly established, I am lead to believe by some polish guys i work with that Germany has to start letting fellow EU workers into their employment markets, They were given a bye ball to get them up and running post reunification, Then you will see some real tensions rise, We in the UK are just "playing" at it,

I watched the demonstrators and more importantly the ring leaders in my home city yesterday they (the leaders) were more than happy to see the Young students scooped and taken away, I really suspect that the student "riot" escapade was manipulated not by the trade unions or student groups, But by the college lecturers themselves, fearing large payoffs, and end to there "mini empires",

Remember higher education is a privilege not a god given right, And there's only so much monies in the kitty guys,, All this is of course my own opinion



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia
 


I'd somewhat agree. The last time we really decided to get down and dirty, we got our own country out of it.


Maybe these kids will get their own too.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Crown Heights riots? Washington Heights riot( which i was there for)? just to name a few recent 1s.... you must not be American to say such crap. Americans blow shyt up. I watched as Americans took cop cars and flipped them. Ive see protests nearly turn into riots. This pussy little hippies with their flower power aint doing anything but soon as the true Americans, you know hard working tax payers, get involved its a problem.

Americans afraid of what? No Americans are lazy but not afraid. When A,ericans are hungry then its a problem. The only way to succeed in America with any conspiracy is to feed and entertain the American people. But thats the problem with Greed, its never enough. Until you are starving to death, even then greed isnt happy.

Americans are dangerous. Ive seen how Americans riot. Scary shyt.

reply to post by NadaCambia
 



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
Crown Heights riots? Washington Heights riot( which i was there for)? just to name a few recent 1s.... you must not be American to say such crap. Americans blow shyt up. I watched as Americans took cop cars and flipped them. Ive see protests nearly turn into riots. This pussy little hippies with their flower power aint doing anything but soon as the true Americans, you know hard working tax payers, get involved its a problem.

Americans afraid of what? No Americans are lazy but not afraid. When A,ericans are hungry then its a problem. The only way to succeed in America with any conspiracy is to feed and entertain the American people. But thats the problem with Greed, its never enough. Until you are starving to death, even then greed isnt happy.

Americans are dangerous. Ive seen how Americans riot. Scary shyt.

reply to post by NadaCambia
 




Recent? They're 20 years ago! Car flipping, oh nooooo. That's hardcore. Lulz.

American revolt is resigned to the history books. And they were never that impressive in the first place. Also the Crown Heights riots were no kind of protest, it was a race war.

Your post is Americans down to a tee. All talk no substance. Even with automatic weapons you can't do anything.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Now you know where they have all those FEMA camps for...



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by NadaCambia
 


I'd somewhat agree. The last time we really decided to get down and dirty, we got our own country out of it.


Maybe these kids will get their own too.



Exactly. And then you hear people say violent revolt doesn't work. As if they don't owe their current life to violent revolt



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I fully sympathise with the protests and I'm in firm agreement that they have every right to protest over these matters whether I happen to agree in principle or not. However, if as much as one student ruins my visit to London, I will be throwing a hot cup of tea (including the cup - assuming of course that I have one at that moment) right at them. Now, carry on....




posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by NadaCambia
 


I'd somewhat agree. The last time we really decided to get down and dirty, we got our own country out of it.


Maybe these kids will get their own too.



Exactly. And then you hear people say violent revolt doesn't work. As if they don't owe their current life to violent revolt


Well yes, Americans these days are fairly passive in politics, but like I say and as we all know, sometimes you have to get the old signs out and say hello
take a tear gas canister in the eye here and there. lol we did have to learn from the past as well however, as all nations must do in the long run. The trick is actually trying to get your government and your people on the same page, man that is tough if not down right impossible. Pretty sure the UK Government is getting a pretty good idea and reminder of that right now.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by mayabong
 


I know I should feel sorry for the cops... but thats what you get when you try and enforce bullsh*t laws for a bullsh*t govt.



Yeah, screw the police!

They should be given a ultimatum: either you're with us (the people) or against us!

The reasonably intelligent cops among them should realise that they're now just tools for enforcing the pure Fascistic laws & ideology of a corpocratic agenda implemented by the Bankster's Imperial Corpocracy and their corrupted political henchmen in government.

They are so frakking scared that we 'the people' will unite with one voice against them - they are doing their best to divide us with their Hegelian dialectic and its political BS rhetoric.

But we, the people, we will win this important fight against these feudalistic Fascistic oppressors and expose their malversation and the efficacy of their acrimonious theatrics!

They will lose!

It's time to give the fat cats a heart attack!

We will be victorious!

Most people are discouraged by the lying corrupt mainstream media into thinking you are week and powerless and that the corpocratic state is invincible, well the Corporated MSM are of course lying through their teeth as usual - the worst nightmare and what the feudalistic Elite cabal really fear, is the uprising of the peasants and that 'the majority of the people' will unite and revolt against their tyranny with one voice, in unison.

Look around you, this global revolution has just begun!





Ohh! I must re-post this brilliant video from another thread:




Bravo! I applaud this guy! we must recruit him to ATS!


If this is our next generation there's still great hope for humanity!

edit on 10-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia
 


The only peaceful protest that ever achieved its goal was the liberation of India, and most of us already know that story. I believe that was the only successful protest that used peaceful measures simply because there has never been as much enthusiasm in the people to act as such. Back then, people still had values and principles, and were convinced of their religions, and so such beliefs provided the foundation for their actions and their hopes. Now in our times, principles and values are deteriorating, religion is a hoax, and as a result, people have little reason to form any meaning out of their efforts unless it is for themselves, and preferably immediate, and with the least resistance.

Also, since then, there has not really been any inclusive majority that has followed a general movement, whether it be through peaceful means or violent, only because there has not been someone or something that everyone can relate to and can find a medium to lay down their prejudice and unite to strive for the promotion on that central aspect which is usually a universal value that all humans share, such as the Indians had Ghandi and their nationality, unlike Americans who continue to distinguish entity form entity due to that intrinsic sense of individuality, as well as the societal divisions that have always been present, whose breadth of division only seems to grow larger and larger. It is not necessarily things such as race that are the division anymore, but ideologies. That is what I mean about Americans being intrinsically individualistic, because individuality is probably are most prized characteristic, individuality in thought, and the arrogance to defend that thought. Not a bad thing, but no doubt unfortunate and a great hindrance, probably the dead end wall that will destroy and hope for a revolution.

And it is always harder to cleanse oneself from within. India had a foreign pathogen wreaking havoc in their domestic cadaver, and none of them liked it, except the minority of raja's. Here in the US, half the country may be able to look into the mirror and realize the need for the change, but the other half just cannot accept it, and will probably curse even the slightest suggestion for it, because it change at such a large scale is frightening. Since government never likes protests, they will utilize those initial divisions and cultivate it at the fastest and most productive (or counter-productive) manner possible, and that is by employing the media and having them incite the ignorant to despise the aware. They do this by playing the race card, religion, patriotism, duty, family, economy, regional differences, whatever they can say that will support the government agenda over the people's, but that will use careful amounts of deceit to make people believe that they are actually fighting for their own agenda.

So peaceful protest is possible, and is just as effective as rioting. The problem, is that no one can, such as yourself, believes this, and therefore nobody tries it. To go the peaceful route would take 100 times as much effort, and certainly 100 times more the discomfort, and would require 1000 times more participation than normal rioting needs, and that is just too much to ask of the modern American.

All I have to say to those who think peaceful protest is not effective, well, just think as to why Ghandi is who he is, why India is the largest democracy, and that if it has been done before, it can be done again. This will sound very cliche, but all you have to do is believe it can be done, and I don't see how it could not be.

Contradicting everything I have just said, violent protests are our only option. The youth of America play games about war, killing, and all other acts of violence, not games about diplomacy and peace. People are inspired by what they know, and America's youth knows violence best. The sad part, is that violence is completely futile. If Afghanistan or Iraq cannot free themselves from occupation, what makes you think you can? You'll all be reverted to making bombs in fortified basements in the middle of forests. The government is just too powerful. And think, violent protest and rioting would only result in anarchy, as does every democracy eventually result in, and if anarchy began to spread, then there would be chaos, and a real revolution. Now if a country like the US, or any country for that matter swings toward revolution and violence, guess who is always there to clear things up? The UN of course. You think we have only to deal with our government, when in reality we have the entire world to deal with if we start making a mess of everything. So then you find that violence will only rise.

Violence isn't going to win us our country back. Unlike in the revolutionary days, we don't fight with the same equipment as our government. Everything will eventually conclude in a massive violent spree though, that is for sure, but it won't have any good effect out of it, at least not for the American citizen. Ten thousand lawyers and private detectives working specifically on ousting the current regime through the law could do better than two million rioters with AK 47's and 6 magazines each. You can't fight a lawyer's accusations unless it is court, that is of course if the courts are still just. By the time any of this ever happened though, we'd be under martial law, and once again, if that happened, and even if you believe that our military would smarten up and protect the citizens against the government, a perceived military coup in the US would not appetizing to the international community, so I would expect the international community to take action, the US being an anarchic and military state, with "domestic terrorism" in full bloom, and nuclear to top it all off. That's what I think at least.



To say the very, very least.
edit on 10-12-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong
 


Not heard about this in the news yet.. what are the people angry about ?



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Americans don't get your hopes up. If these demonstrations do come to the US your police won't be so soft.

Your brothers in uniform will beat you without mercy or thought.

Your brothers in uniform are so brainwashed that they will actually believe they are doing the right thing.

The American police have less compassion and much more dangerous weapons. In the video you witness the crowd throwing paint ballons and one fire bomb - if that happen in the US the police will shoot you. They would open fire without any fear of repercussion. Our government will not prosecute a police officer who kills an unarmed citizen in a riot, just won't happen they know it and so do you, They can mame you, kill you without any fear of standing in a court of law. You will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, they will video tape the riot and when they are able to identify the citizen weeks later you will be arrested and charged.

Wake-Up you live a Police State, worse than any time in Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia.

And Remember your fellow citizen wearing the uniform actually believes he is doing the right thing in keeping his jack-booted foot on your throat.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
reply to post by NadaCambia
 


The only peaceful protest that ever achieved its goal was the liberation of India, and most of us already know that story. I believe that was the only successful protest that used peaceful measures simply because there has never been as much enthusiasm in the people to act as such. Back then, people still had values and principles, and were convinced of their religions, and so such beliefs provided the foundation for their actions and their hopes. Now in our times, principles and values are deteriorating, religion is a hoax, and as a result, people have little reason to form any meaning out of their efforts unless it is for themselves, and preferably immediate, and with the least resistance.

Also, since then, there has not really been any inclusive majority that has followed a general movement, whether it be through peaceful means or violent, only because there has not been someone or something that everyone can relate to and can find a medium to lay down their prejudice and unite to strive for the promotion on that central aspect which is usually a universal value that all humans share, such as the Indians had Ghandi and their nationality, unlike Americans who continue to distinguish entity form entity due to that intrinsic sense of individuality, as well as the societal divisions that have always been present, whose breadth of division only seems to grow larger and larger. It is not necessarily things such as race that are the division anymore, but ideologies. That is what I mean about Americans being intrinsically individualistic, because individuality is probably are most prized characteristic, individuality in thought, and the arrogance to defend that thought. Not a bad thing, but no doubt unfortunate and a great hindrance, probably the dead end wall that will destroy and hope for a revolution.

And it is always harder to cleanse oneself from within. India had a foreign pathogen wreaking havoc in their domestic cadaver, and none of them liked it, except the minority of raja's. Here in the US, half the country may be able to look into the mirror and realize the need for the change, but the other half just cannot accept it, and will probably curse even the slightest suggestion for it, because it change at such a large scale is frightening. Since government never likes protests, they will utilize those initial divisions and cultivate it at the fastest and most productive (or counter-productive) manner possible, and that is by employing the media and having them incite the ignorant to despise the aware. They do this by playing the race card, religion, patriotism, duty, family, economy, regional differences, whatever they can say that will support the government agenda over the people's, but that will use careful amounts of deceit to make people believe that they are actually fighting for their own agenda.

So peaceful protest is possible, and is just as effective as rioting. The problem, is that no one can, such as yourself, believes this, and therefore nobody tries it. To go the peaceful route would take 100 times as much effort, and certainly 100 times more the discomfort, and would require 1000 times more participation than normal rioting needs, and that is just too much to ask of the modern American.

All I have to say to those who think peaceful protest is not effective, well, just think as to why Ghandi is who he is, why India is the largest democracy, and that if it has been done before, it can be done again. This will sound very cliche, but all you have to do is believe it can be done, and I don't see how it could not be.

Contradicting everything I have just said, violent protests are our only option. The youth of America play games about war, killing, and all other acts of violence, not games about diplomacy and peace. People are inspired by what they know, and America's youth knows violence best. The sad part, is that violence is completely futile. If Afghanistan or Iraq cannot free themselves from occupation, what makes you think you can? You'll all be reverted to making bombs in fortified basements in the middle of forests. The government is just too powerful. And think, violent protest and rioting would only result in anarchy, as does every democracy eventually result in, and if anarchy began to spread, then there would be chaos, and a real revolution. Now if a country like the US, or any country for that matter swings toward revolution and violence, guess who is always there to clear things up? The UN of course. You think we have only to deal with our government, when in reality we have the entire world to deal with if we start making a mess of everything. So then you find that violence will only rise.

Violence isn't going to win us our country back. Unlike in the revolutionary days, we don't fight with the same equipment as our government. Everything will eventually conclude in a massive violent spree though, that is for sure, but it won't have any good effect out of it, at least not for the American citizen. Ten thousand lawyers and private detectives working specifically on ousting the current regime through the law could do better than two million rioters with AK 47's and 6 magazines each. You can't fight a lawyer's accusations unless it is court, that is of course if the courts are still just. By the time any of this ever happened though, we'd be under martial law, and once again, if that happened, and even if you believe that our military would smarten up and protect the citizens against the government, a perceived military coup in the US would not appetizing to the international community, so I would expect the international community to take action, the US being an anarchic and military state, with "domestic terrorism" in full bloom, and nuclear to top it all off. That's what I think at least.



To say the very, very least.
edit on 10-12-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)


The Liberation of India wasn't peaceful. It was extremely violent.





new topics

top topics



 
68
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join