It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Riot Footage in England

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I agree. Also, the US founding fathers were ingenious when they made "states". This gives a small amount of autonomy to the people... just enough to prevent everyone getting pissed off and revolting, unlike a country like the UK where it's one law rules all... Now, I just wish US citizens would wake up and take notice of what's slowly being done not only to the US, but the world, through banks and corporations (governments are just pawns in this game).

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
As a human being, no matter how many times I read the title "Awesome Riot Footage" it just makes me nauseous.

I get it, but still...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i an so glad to see this taking place ANYWHERE in the world right now. i wish this kind of thing would happen in the US. it's really sad. i share the same world view on american's pretty much the same way as our brothers overseas yes i can say i'm ashamed of our country today. rioting over banking? haha if banks taking our homes and throwing our families out on the street doesn't get american's upset enough to riot nothing will.

take away TV and "celebrity" news and MAYBE we'll have riots. other than that, i will remain a small % of the majority who sees the country (and the world) for how it really is. america has been too conditioned to self absorption and material possessions and status to ever be waken up to see the real world.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
where the wachowski brothers now?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

The really sad thing about this is that they had Prince Charles cornered with his window open in a Rolls Royce and he got away without a single scratch...

We used to behead them
edit on 10-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Meh, i feel bad for the horses.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
I have been watching people in Britain, France, Greece and other places riot because they are getting shafted by TPB and they are sick of seeing their nation's wealth being stolen from them, but nothing in America.

Why are we Americans so dam apathetic? Why are we so easily distracted by Monday Night Football and Jersey Shore that we are not reacting to the massive fraud and theft being perpetrated on us. Why are we allowing the government to give our national wealth away to Global Corporations and foreign Countries?

Part of it must be the fluoridated water, I also tend to think special spirits were sent to America, chosen spirits that tend to be more on the kinder less violent side (many may think that's hogwash, well so be it) , it will probably take authorities wrongfully entering people's homes before we pull out the guns and the sleeping giant awakes. We also still have great respect for our soldiers, and consider our military to be one of the most technologically advanced in the world, no one wants to have to deal with getting massacred by it.
edit on 11-12-2010 by bigrex because: additional comments

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Can we call the demonstrations for what they are, progressive demonstrations, not student demonstrations. National Union of Students of the United Kingdom, it's president Aaron Porter and the NUS are all progressives (a.k.a. Marxists).
So keep up the protests if you want a society where you're either poor or an elite ruler.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I don't think America could, not having a stab here, but a lot of Brits grow up on council estates and rough areas where they are forced to fight hand to hand a lot of the time.

From the moment they play in the streets they become bullies or victims, a lot of the bullies remain bullies, a lot of the victims become sick and fight back.

Now that isn't belittling America, you guys are more likely to pull a gun, which reduces some of the physical effort IMO.

So, IMO, this means where as Brits will smash, burn and destroy to get there point across, end up with a lot of bloodied heads on both sides, Americans will face a life or death stand off with no winners, just a lot of corpses.

I hope no-one takes my opinion the wrong way, I'm not throwing insults.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I think that's a pretty much fair assessment.

Physical violence and confrontation is inherent within a large part of British society.
Schools fight with schools, estates against each other, village against village.
With football violence we took it to a new level and built a whole sub-culture around it which no other nation has quite grasped.
en.wikipedia.org...(subculture)
www.terracelinks.info...
www.countylads.com...

As you say, sections of US society face the possibility of life and death situations on an almost daily basis.
A different type of violence all together!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Wink wink yeah youre right, absolutely lol

reply to post by blupblup

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ghandi thougt of it..... boycott... if everyone went to work and just sat down at 12 and didnt do anything for 1 hour.... there would be changes

reply to post by woogleuk

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Youre too sensitive to ever be anyone effective in anything... lol and yes Im american and I have fun is provoking anti-sentiment... cuz Im american so wadeva..... Im still gonna rule lol!!!

reply to post by blupblup

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
lol maybe so but for real i still dont give a shhhhh.... whatever it was I said still stands....UKers r very sensitive little pricks and quick with the words lol..... Im not impressed dude really you need to take your own advice

reply to post by Freeborn

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
i seen this on the news

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex

Part of it must be the fluoridated water

What on earth are you on about? OK, don't know about US but it needs pointing out that the majority of UK homes are NOT fluoridated. My area certainly isn't (guess I must be 'dumbed down' quite naturally!
)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
lol wadeva b you go strong with that BS IDGAF!!! Its funny but America invented violence and you guy are just now catching on

reply to post by NadaCambia

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
lol wadeva b you go strong with that BS IDGAF!!! Its funny but America invented violence and you guy are just now catching on

reply to post by NadaCambia

You really aren't doing your country and the majority of people who live there any favours.

I know I shouldn't even respond to you, you are making enough of an idiot by yourself, but do you really understand the absolute absurdity of the above statement?

But it's ok, I understand, we used to have one in every village here in the UK but we have Care In The Community now.

Either that or Mammy must have let you play on the P.C. for an hour as it's Saturday and there's no school today?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryu400

So keep up the protests if you want a society where you're either poor or an elite ruler.

And wtf do you think we have now?

And thanks to the policies of Cameron, Clegg and the rest of the inbred, pompous arrogant twats we are heading right back to Victorianesque times and all the inequalities and injustices that prevailed then.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Nice sig.

Is it the winner from the match in the link below?

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Originally posted by Freeborn

Originally posted by Ryu400

And wtf do you think we have now?

And thanks to the policies of Cameron, Clegg and the rest of the inbred, pompous arrogant twats we are heading right back to Victorianesque times and all the inequalities and injustices that prevailed then.

Aye, these lot in charge have no idea of what its like to live a day in the life of the common man, They will look to fill the all ready bursting pockets of their rich friends and family.

They are all ready showing that they dont want the working class to be able to afford higher education, what next?
edit on 11-12-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join