It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia: a link to heaven or hell?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

There's a difference between having an inner voice and schizophrenia and DID. Not to mention that auditory hallucinations are merely one symptom of schizophrenia and generally only occur in paranoid schizophrenics. For example catatonic schizophrenics only display the negative symptoms. These are debilitating disorders and to say otherwise displays profound ignorance.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Some minds are more receptive to voices and messages of other beings, that’s normal, in Qu’ran there is a verse that should be read several time and loud to get rid of these (voices) and their effects.

you are not alone and this stuff happen to the human mind since ages ago!

That’s my 2 cent.. I am not even religious..! hope it helps!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If this experience disturbs you, you may want to follow one of these paradigms below:

The paradigm of a novel experiential school of psychotherapy - family constellations developed by Bert Hellinger - would take most schizophrenics down to discover and even up a history of hidden violence in the family system, perhaps not-too-far ancestors.

The paradigm of mystical religion would say they can be spirits. My preference is spiritualism, mediumism, where you trust your spirit helpers to talk with more intelligent or benevolnet spirits and send out those that are crazy or evil. You or your own spirits (animal spirits in Amerindian lore, angels in the Hebrew-Christian-Moslim world) can do this!
The reason most exorcists have success is because I believe the human mind has developed in a way where you can command these unpleasant things to simply stay out.

Yes, most people talk to themselves or others in the privacy of their minds. However these voices are by far not as real as wht these people describe here. As an NLP-er though, I would either negotiate with a voice or send it the hell away wherever it pleases. Unless you enjoy its rant or find it creative and interesting.

People on regular drugs like amphetamines - well, they are like the "possessed" people of the old paradigm.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Take things slow and if you are prescribed with it just take your medication and go to counseling. My mother is bi-polar and a crazy mo whenever she gets off her meds.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Why do some of you presume to be able to state with absolute certainty what exists and what does not?

Saying with definitiveness that God or the Matrix or Schizophrenia or heaven and hell does or does not exist is megalomaniac self-importance and shuts down any sort of open-minded inquiry into the mysteries of the world.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Like saying ADHD doesn't exist?!

Sorry Sky, but I couldn't resist.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by jetflock

lol does your wife get Schizophrenia one a month like every women on the planet

She was to be my wife. And she is dead.
edit: and how can you make that long winded comment above and then post that? I don't care and all, but you sound retarded....)
edit on 9-12-2010 by jetflock because: (no reason given)
I find it funny i try an lighten the mood and you knock me down for it. I sound retarded? i should report that but a crybaby that questions god over the internet to make himself feel better.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have an aunt whose been in and out of an insane asylum for most of my life. No matter how much therapy they give her, no matter what sorts of drugs they give her, she never really does stop hearing voices.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

IMO if it is 'linked' to either, it would have to be hell. It is no picnic. Most sufferers of schizophenia's lives are in shambles, diagnosis usually comes after a series of traumatic and damaging events. They do not think right, they see things, ect. Definately not my idea of heaven.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in September 1998 and for the next ten years lived in a 24/7/365 hell there is more to it than just auditory and visual hallucinations and heightened senses such as smell and bright Rembrandt like colours with sight.My voices do seem to come from 'outside' mostly although sometimes you do get internal voices that are like a slightly off tuned radio station,these are a lot softer than the exterior voices.

I have dealt with over 100 voices and entities often one after the other for months on end,there has been real physical torture involved 99 percent were maleavalent or just evil,although I do not believe in God or Jesus it has been Christian religious persecution by many,it would seem they have no other act and threats and derogatory treatment by others.There have been several attempts on my life.

So to answer the question schizophrenia is a one way ticket to hell of the existance of evil I am convinced,good Im not very confident is out there except in the odd human heart.I am not as bad as I once was but I am tired to the very core of my being as for the spirit world-don't call us I wont be calling you.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

There is no god.

Hahahaha ....absolute statement? Please prove sir, because I spent decades looking and have found that there is God.

SOme people make me laugh

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Schizophrenia is a destructive and debilitating physical defect. It has nothing to do with opening a connection to the spirit world. The people with this, and those around them, go through a living hell. And I agree with the previous poster .. quit enabling and quit feeding the delusions of the poor souls with mental illness. It's serious business.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Why do some of you presume to be able to state with absolute certainty what exists and what does not?

Saying with definitiveness that God or the Matrix or Schizophrenia or heaven and hell does or does not exist is megalomaniac self-importance and shuts down any sort of open-minded inquiry into the mysteries of the world.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

and fuelling delusions by suggestion and hyperbole is hardly a fine example to set to people who are genuinely sick.

Shame on you. I seriously doubt you've ever had to deal with anyone who has to deal with such illnesses as schizophrenia, which is upsetting and disturbing.

It's hardly self-important to suggest a person suffering from schizophrenia go see a doctor, as opposed to a priest.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In no way am I implying a "place" such as "hell" exists, (I do believe in god but I do not believe in religion or judgement or eternal damnation, etc.) but if it DID what makes you think a creator/god/divine being created it? If a place such as this existed, most likely man created it themselves...

It would make more sense that a creator/god/divine being created the souls that had the ability to create themselves, and most likely those souls created it after they seperated themselves further from source into duality.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The almighty didn't seemed as concerned with imperfections as much as it did how amazing and impressive it could make the universe. I am a little ticked at the creator for that. The universe didn't have to be so impersonal and vicious. Perhaps it wasn't possible, although I find myself having a hard time believing that an intelligence as great as god couldn't figure it out. I find it more likely god, or one of the gods just didn't really care.

EDIT: It is important you understand I am not talking about any specific entities from any religious texts when I say god or gods.
edit on 11-12-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

O yes God the one whose presence causes what resides in your heart to flee to the pit of your stomach,O yes the God of this rock can put you on your knees if he wants you there as Hitler and Stalins secret police could,if the fools in the pews knew what they worshipped ther'd be a preacher hanging from every tree.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
I'm so glad someone has brought this subject up, any advice will be appreciated.

My friend's husband was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic when he was in his early twenties - he's 45 now. He has been sectioned a couple of times and he is terrified of going back there.

He says he hears voices that sound like his friends voices, and he says they ridicule him and threaten to kill him. He's told me he is frightened for his life because 'they' are watching his every move and hear everything he says.

He says that 'they':

Tell him everyone hates him and wants him dead.
'They' follow him everywhere in an invisible craft in the sky.
'They' aim an invisible beam at him, and this beam creates a severe burning sensation.
They tell him all his family and friends are conspiring against him.

I've asked him who 'they' might be but he says he doesn't know and that's what he has to find out. He doesn't know why 'they' want him dead either. He's accused me of also being 'in on it'.

He also abuses amphetamines and has done for years, I've told him these drugs are only making things a hell of a lot worse for him, but he wont stop. He says prescription medications prevent him from finding out who 'they' are because he cant think straight, so he hasnt took prescribed meds for years. He thinks the psychiatrists are 'in on it' too, everyone he knows is 'in on it'.

He really is in a bad way and getting no better, and I don't know how to help. I'm afraid to anyway, because he is very capable of hurting or even killing someone he thinks has betayed him. His condition has deteriorated so badly this last few months I'm worried he will harm someone soon - but what do I do? How do I help him? He attacked his mother a few years ago after she tried to get him help, that's one of the times he was sectioned.

He attacked his wife the other week for not owning up to her involvement in the' conspiracy' against him.

I heard he threatened his neighbours the other day because he said he could hear them throught the walls of his house, laughing at him and saying they hate him. They called the police and he was arrested, but released after a couple of hours.

He badly needs professional help and meds, and to be honest, I think he should be sectioned at this present time, it's dangerous for anyone to be around him.

He's getting worse.

If you care about this person, or the people around him, you need to get this person admitted now, so he can get some med's. I would try contacting his friends, if he has any, and get him to a hospital, or better yet, a mental health facility where patients are kept overnight. This will depend a lot on if he has insurance or not also. If he has no insurance you will have to go the general hospital route and medicade will pay for his treatment.

In the worst case scenario, you may have to call the police. For god sakes, whatever you do, inform them of his condition, and if you can, make arrangements to be there when they come to prevent any real harm to this person by the police. It might not be the best thing to wittness because they might have to physically restrain him, but atleast he want get tasered or even shot possibley. Do whatever you can to assure the police will have enough people to deal with the situation before they get there before giving his name and location away.

Back to the topic, some of you really need to butt out of this conversation, especially the one's who think they're internet know it all's and have not been around or been diagnosed with Schizophrenia before.

-There are definitely religous overtones associated with schizophrenia wether it's thinking you're Jesus, the anti-christ, or there is angels/demons talking to you etc...

-Most also have the sense they're breaking some kind of code or receiving hidden messages in some way.

-There is also usually some past/present drug use involved, not always.

-Most people, once diagnosed with schizophrenia, have to take med's for the rest of their life to manage the symptom's, some don't. There isn't a so called "cure" for schizophrenia.

-There are different forms of schizophrenia. Some have audible hallucinations. Some have visual hallucinations. Some have both and their reaction's to these hallucinations are different, it's not always bad.

-It may be linked to mental illness in your family history, maybe not.

To answer the OP's question, i simply don't know. Imo, there isn't nearly enough scientific study about this to make a real informed opinion. I would compre it to the scientific studies of meditation. People who have schizophrenia generally are treated as mentally ill and given medications to manage their symptoms and are done away with. Basically, these medications affect your dopamine receptors. Usually, most people treated with this will be on many medications like a antidepressant, some kind of sleeping pill and something to manage the hallucinations. Respirdone is the main one being used currently.

In my experience with schizophrenia, i can definetly say that not all hallucinations, wether audible/visible are just conjured up by the mind, i KNOW that, some are though. What happen's, is in trying to quantify these experience's, while you're having them, you can go way off on a ridiculous tangent. In the same vein, you might go off on a tangent that's absolutely mind bending and discover a truth or concept that just about every logical, "non-mentally ill" person would agree with that you could show evidence of, in black and white. For anyone who wants to play along and doubts me, go look up the word "terminator" on wikipedia, and the disambiguation's for solar/genetics, not just just the movie reference, but feel free to keep the movie in mind. I'll bet you thought James Cameron was just a real creative guy who came up with this all by himself and made a movie about robots taking over the world. I'll let you decide. I wont even talk about Avatar, it should be pretty obvious where he got that from and how he twisted it, especially from people on this board.

The best way i can describe my experience's is like being in a dreamstate. It's like when you're asleep and have one of them dream's where you know your dreaming and you know you can wake-up or even alter the dream while still sleeping. The only difference with schizophrenia is, you're in an awake conscious state when having these so called hallucinations. Imo, it's not schizophrena that makes you crazy, it's the way you deal with it. It's like if someone took '___', some may have a bad trip and some may have a good trip.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have been reading this book called Kundalini Rising. According to some of the accounts, the Kundalini energy was accidentally unleashed within the individual. However, the individual consciousness wasn't prepared to handle the intensity of the energy as well as the dreams and visions that usually come with the experience. The question becomes why? If these psychological condition is the doing of some divine purposes, why would this divine being has chosen individuals not capable of receiving this "gift."

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce
I have been reading this book called Kundalini Rising. According to some of the accounts, the Kundalini energy was accidentally unleashed within the individual. However, the individual consciousness wasn't prepared to handle the intensity of the energy as well as the dreams and visions that usually come with the experience. The question becomes why? If these psychological condition is the doing of some divine purposes, why would this divine being has chosen individuals not capable of receiving this "gift."

I haven't read the book, but i would ask...

-What individual's have been chosen not to receive this "gift" and what is the criteria that determines wether you'll recieve this "gift" or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

I can attest that Kundalini Syndrome is VERY REAL!

And many "schizophrenics" really are having dramatic kundalini issues and are misproperly diagnosed because it is rarely spoken about in the field of psychology...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by curious_soul

It is different for everyone but there is no "criteria" to receive this "gift" - some have spontaneous "awakenings", some arise from meditation or yoga, others from drugs, others from intense suffering, etc. etc. and everyone experiences a multitude of varying symptoms and reactions due to their individual biological, and psychological makeup.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join