It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXTREMELY RARE Angel Hair Event... And Best Documented EVER!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
You can find plenty of photos of these spider webs online. Here is one that looks exactly the same as the OP'Ss photos link

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
They are called funnel spiders. Here are some more photos photos

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It looks like mold, SPOT ON! I get it in my lawn every year arround fall. Sometimes in the summer aswell. Hmmm i get it once every season infact. Arround mars people call it " snowmold".

Im not sure though if the structure changes when u pick it up, i usually spred it out or put it out with my foot.

The mechanical smell you mentioned comes to mind when i think of mold in general...soggy,wet and iron-ish combined together.

cheers!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Spider webs and a low morning dew point

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EdwardSlayton

Hello all,

This is my first post though I have been a lurker on ATS for a long time, but never been compelled to join or respond to anything - Until now.

At the end of January this year I saw what I believed was a genuine starship in the clear night skies over the Midlands of the UK. This sighting was witnessed by myself and a female companion who I was with. The description is genuine and accurate as we saw it. The craft appeared to be much higher than regular aircraft, (though I know it is difficult to judge height) and was travelling in a Northerly direction. There was no sound accompanying the craft that was audible, to us at least. It appeared to be triangular in shape and also appeared to be considerably larger than any aircraft that I have ever seen. It seemed to be lit from the underneath by approximately 8 white lights laid out in what lead me to believe that its shape was triangular. The craft also seemed to be moving at great speed, considering the height that it appeared to be travelling at.
As my companion and I were standing there wondering what the heck we had just seen - approximately 45 seconds later we both witnessed something else which had both of us at a loss to explain.
There seemed to be something floating through the air that was only at most about 100 feet high that in my opinion, may fit the description of 'Angel Hair', which was travelling North - the same direction as our 'starship'.
At my earliest opportunity, I popped online to search for comments and information about triangular crafts to see if I could match our sighting with anything that anybody else may have seen. Searching for 'triangular crafts/UFO's' yielded the kind of results one might expect. But I had no idea of what to even search for in order to attempt to identify what the second part of our experience was. We were both at a loss to even begin to explain what we had seen, but felt that somehow - due to the oddity that we had just seen that the two were somehow connected.

It has taken until today when I read this post, for me to find anything even remotely similar to what we both witnessed. The post that I am responding to comes as close as I have yet, to possibly explain what we saw.
Sadly, neither of us had the presence of mind to take photographs but I doubt that much detail of either of the things that we saw would have been recorded with any clarity.

I realise that my post may seem pretty vague or indeed rambling, but can only assure ATS readers that what we witnessed felt as real as real could be. Neither of us had consumed anything to alter our minds and both genuinely believe that we witnessed something out of the ordinary.

This experience has left me in absolutely no doubt whatsoever, that there are objects in our skies that are not terrestrial in origin....... Roll on disclosure !

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yup, angel hair eh?

Sorry to say but you've got the worst documented case of a fungal outbreak in your lawn EVER.

Now I'm no expert, oh wait I am a horticulturist though, does that count?

Anyway, please do send it to get analysed, it will be the only way for you to be certain.

As suggested it could be pink snow mould which exhibits similar traits to your description and images.

Angel hair from the OP:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0cdb4c1dfa1.jpg[/atsimg]

Pink Snow mould:

edit on 9/12/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I too have seen this a couple of times a year and always wondered what it is. It's not funnel webs made from spiders, this much I do I but there has to be a perfectly good explaination to what is really is. Must do some research but I'd be interested in some lab reports....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
Hiya... looks like snow mold to me.

Pink snow mold is distinguished by the pink color of the web-like mycelium growing on the grass surface. While the grass is wet, the mycelium starts out white and resembles cobwebs, as it matures it turns its pink or salmon color. The mycelium quickly disappears as the grass dries. Gray snow mold is similar to pink snow mold except that its mycelium remains whitish-gray. Gray snow mold is also distinguished by the presence of tiny black mycelial masses (sclerotia) on the grass blades and leaf sheaths of infected plants which pink snow mold does not produce.

Said this on page one.
edit on 9-12-2010 by yzzyUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hmm...I do not know what to make of this. But here is some info on "Angel-Hair" Phenomenon. That might give you something to consider. I hope you soon find the answers you want.

Explanations based on known phenomena include: Some types of spiders are known to migrate through the air, sometimes in large numbers, on cobweb gliders.[5] Many cases of angel hair were nothing other than these spider threads and, in one occasion, small spiders have been found on the material.[8]

Atmospheric electricity may cause floating dust particles to become polarized, and attraction between these polarized dust particles may cause them to join together, to form long filaments.[11]

On two occasions a sample was sent for testing once on the 13 of October in 1917 a sample found at Cova da Iria was sent to Lisbon and on October 17, 1957 another sample found at Cova da Iria and examined. The analysis of this proved to be natural consisting of white flakes. When put under a microscope it was found to be a vegetable product not animal.[10]

Explanations related to Unidentified Flying Objects include: Ionized air may be sleeting off the electromagnetic field that surrounds a UFO.[9]

Excess energy converted into matter.[1]
The usage by UFOs of a G-field would cause heavy atoms in ordinary air to react among themselves and produce a kind of precipitate that falls to the ground and disappears as the ionization decreases.[12]

"Angel grass" is a related phenomenon. It is when short metallic threads fall from the sky, often forming intertwined loosed masses.[8] They are a type of Chaff, a radar counter-measure which can be in the form of fine strands, which is dropped by some military aircraft.[8] It can also come from sounding rockets and balloons, which would have released it at high altitude for radar tracking.[8]

And here is the link : Angel hair (Folklore)

Also there was a similar event, that happened in Alessandria, Italy. Here is the article : Analysis

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Explanations based on known phenomena include: Some types of spiders are known to migrate through the air, sometimes in large numbers, on cobweb gliders.[5] Many cases of angel hair were nothing other than these spider threads and, in one occasion, small spiders have been found on the material.[8]

I have personaly seen this just a few weeks ago, what I found strange was that you could hardly see anything in the air unless you looked up towards the sun and then you could see "thousands of these single strand web fibers just floating down towards the ground, kinda like when you see dust floating in the air inside your house falling through the sunlight of a window and you cant see it out of the beam of sunlight .

I did see a very tiny "bug" or spider in the few that i was able to see that got caught in a tree limb.
So I belive what I saw was some type of spider migrating through the air as you have posted above.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi there,

i too have seenthis on my own lawn and neighbours lawns.....it is always at the same time each year...
and it is always on a high dewpoint morning.

as for the faling strands...that too is always at the same time of year....floating webs...

its called nature.

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I dont think its spiders, it could be mold, you need to send some of those samples to the nearest lab near you.

Being out of this world might be a stretch though, I'm sure some natural event that is rather rare, It does not happen to my yard. Atleast you dont have to deal with chestnut trees and those damned spike cases all over your yard and in your house from shoes, I would trade my chestnut trees for your UFO goo anyday

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
yup thats definitely an angela with male pattern baldness... sigh.... come on people. and am i the only one who thought of angel hair pasta when seeing this thread? i must be hungry..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
That's angel semen after it dries.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EdwardSlayton

If not spider webs the "Angel Hair" looks just like the mold that has already been described.

The gelatinous substance in the container looks like silicon grease. Do you have a video of the "hair" transforming into the gel?

The UFO photos on Rense look to me like still frames from video, or photos from a tv screen. Is that the case?

The light bulb blowing and circuit breaker tripping is what happens to light bulbs and circuit breakers by design.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes get it examined and find out what it's base chemical structure is.

Also, you mentioned it had a petrol smell to it.

It could be a oil product of some sort. This is possible.

But how did it get there? Who shot out your light? What is the purpose of this?

We will not know until we find out what chemicals are in the composition. I hope you find a lab soon.

Get tons of samples though, just in case. And spread them around to people to keep safe. Until we find out whats going on here.

I am forced to discard the theories about it being mold, or created by spiders or worms. I base this entirely on your report that states it smells like petrol.

This is a big deal, so please find out what it is and U2U me when you get the results in.

We could be dealing with government chemical experimentation on civilian populations or something crazy like that here.

Lawsuits could even be possible, but it's far fetched since we don't know where the hell this substance originated from. But it's worth considering while we piece together this puzzle.

Good post though. It's rare to see a nice thread like this.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pepeluacho
Whoa. Check this out.

Taking a leap ahead from my previous post, I found an identical occurrence documented on another website.

You may be on to something here.

Ohh... nice thanks for the link to that website.. EVERYBODY check that site out please... angel hair is UFO related

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
no matter what they are, they are unexplained, which is perfect for this forum!!!

i would never touch them, in case they are from chemtrails. i take pix of chemtrails ALL the time, to show people its really happening. i have even pointed to them in the sky, and my skeptical brother refused to even look at them, AS THEY WERE being dropped!

if they are chemtrails, they could be dangerous.
if they are from ufos, they could be dangerous as well!

well done on the pix, but just be careful. i never touch anything these days. there are so many chemicals and poisons out there thanks to the globalists.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How come every time a person shows a pic of a spider web, to compare to some of the "angel hair" pics, they always use pictures of orb webs? Different kinds of spiders spin different webs. There are orb webs, tangle webs, funnel webs, tubular webs, sheet webs, and dome webs. Spiders can even come together to create giant communal webs. To me alot of the pics provided look like spider webs and I do not think that many believers in "angel hair" take enough time to properly look at the natural reasoning behind these occurances. In this case the pics look like grass mold to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
OP has a nice picture of gray snow mold.

Angel Hair is a hoax. People film spider webs dangling from high trees, and then they see a jet with a contrail and think the jet is spraying webs. It is hilarious and absurd at the same time. Also a majority of "angel hair" videos are made directly after Halloween, and a lot of fake cobweb/spider web material that is used for Halloween decorations starts to fly out of trash bins and off of front lawns and gets airborne and spreads around, and that too causes the angel hair hoax.

It's dumb.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join