It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXTREMELY RARE Angel Hair Event... And Best Documented EVER!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I didn't know that is a rare event. I a saw similar thing a few times in my life, but I thought it was caused by nature. If happens again I'll know what to do.

Thanks brother.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
cool looking spider webs

really cool!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
OMG! I got angel hair in my backyard too!!

It even has shiny metal strands in it too! Like the OP claims.

Just kidding..... It's fake snow... Christmas decoration.

See how easy it would be to hoax this?

edit on 9-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Won't comment on the angel hair as I have no clue. But the one comment you made, wondering why someone as interested as you folks would not be interested when an event happens is something I have been pursuing with little results.

On another site we discussed this, how fervently interested folks in ufo's suddenly lose interest or even fall asleep when the events are covered on tv, one of the things that have happened to me over the years. I have lost interest to the point of not driving a few miles to see imprints of a landing that were left in a barn yard. Another not stopping by when my sister in law saw lights out back and her half filled horse tank which was frozen into the ground was moved to the middle of a field with no tracks in the snow.

Sorry to take this vein but it was mentioned. The latest was my wife whom does not give a crap about ufo's, aliens or any of this, but told me of an abduction, well a recent one at least. In this event the next day, she described in detail the "house"/craft, the people whom were tall, fair haired, large blue eyes and blue uniforms etc. Also the world we were shown in poetic detail, and she does not think this way. I wrote down what she insisted over and over was real, with great emotion.

A week or so later, I brought up the event and she did not remember it at all, including telling me until I read it to her from my computer, she was memory blank, period. Then after reading it to her, she remembered everything except this simplistic assumption it must not be important and dismissed the whole thing.

Twice more I went through this mind wipe with her until now it sticks with her. Did it happen, I think so due to the events following it as well as I was able to supply details she did not remember as according to her we were both there, yet I cannot bring up any memory other than a feeling of it being right.

Last year she and a friend saw a large cigar shaped ufo over punta gorda by the way, and yes we live in the same town.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I see a lot of this on our ranch. I don't know what it is, but assumed it was natural. I grew up in Brooklyn so I am very accepting about the surprises I find out of doors on an almost daily basis

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just woke up and scrolled through the 3 pages of posts since I turned in late last night.

Most of the theories are weak. And a few of you posted the same "One picture" of the only exact occurrence with the tag "pictures all over the web."

It's amazing how one or two of the facts I posted in my case are completely ignored in order for people to rationalize a theory that conflicts with the facts. But this is NOT my first BBQ... which is why I won't be replying to all of those posts as if I need to defend the event.

There's also a back story. My father worked for Bendix Avionics as an electronics engineer when I was a kid. He did Top Secret avionics research and design for the military. So this (my UFO pics, etc., etc.) goes way back.

Anyway... I posted the close-up within my piece for a reason. Because you can see enough detail to know that it is not a spider web pattern. Besides, do you know how many spiders and how long it would take to make that much silk? We would see these spiders. I also forgot to mention that my landlord DOES NOT treat or maintain the yard with any chemicals. My yard is completely natural and might as well be a natural field. This "Mold" has never appeared in 3 years and, as I said, I have a dozen FaceBook friends (and one cop) in this town who have never seen anything like it. My landlord even owns his own little lawn service (guy's from India... does it to save money) and has never seen it.

Regardless; Go outside and spray some water onto a spider web. Let it soak as long you like. Then take a toothpick, poke it into the web and turn in circles. Does it turn to gel instantly? Allllllllllllllllll righty then. Losers!
(Just an Ace Ventura reference)

Last night I contacted the admin from this link (as some of you provided more than once)...

www....(nolink)/angel-hair-ufos

...because they seemed to be seriously interested in any new reports. They got back to me right away with a snail mail address and they'll be analyzing it. Right now I have to go because I have to get to the post office and over-night a couple of the vials... to Arizona.

Edward Slayton

Edit- Oh yeah. The fake snow/cotton hoax theory. Not funny. Besides, you wouldn't be able to hold it because it turns to gel upon touch.... as seen in the vial picture.
edit on 9-12-2010 by EdwardSlayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EdwardSlayton

Good too see your still fighting the fight Edward...
as you know we didnt reach the same conclusion in your first thread...

Overnight to Az??

How long after that will the result be said to take???

I am very looking forward to these....
as I said I think grass spider...
but realistically i want YOU to be right...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdwardSlayton
Edit- Oh yeah. The fake snow/cotton hoax theory. Not funny. Besides, you wouldn't be able to hold it because it turns to gel upon touch.... as seen in the vial picture.

Yes, I can put some hair gel in a vial too.. and claim it turns to gel too....

Where is your video proof? You expect people to believe you in a world full of attention seeking hoaxers?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've had this happen in my lawn before. I just assumed (and still believe) it was spiders. I did think it was odd that out of nowhere dozens of ground webs sprung up at once and where I'd never seen them before, but stranger things have happened.

If I had to guess I'd say spider webs, or some sort of fungal mycelium.
Mycelia would explain it disappearing and also maybe having a jelly texture.
Here is a picture.
www.fungaljungal.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Yes, I can put some hair gel in a vial too.. and claim it turns to gel too....

Where is your video proof? You expect people to believe you in a world full of attention seeking hoaxers?

I'll make this one post to everyone who feels the same as you do.

As I said, this is not my first BBQ. I've been accused of faking my UFO pics. (Linked in the first post of this thread) At the time, I couldn't afford Cable Television, let alone photo lab work.

The sad truth is, skeptics are lost in a world of double-think. Anything can be double-thought into doubt. The results of the analysis could be doubted as faked. I recommend that you, or anyone like you, go do something else on the internet because you will never get the answers you're looking for unless a ship comes down, lands in front of you, an alien gets out and slaps you in the face. Oh wait... you will probably think it was government technology and a human in an alien costume.

See what I mean? Double-think.

Edward Slayton

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I've had this happen in my lawn before. I just assumed (and still believe) it was spiders. I did think it was odd that out of nowhere dozens of ground webs sprung up at once and where I'd never seen them before, but stranger things have happened.

If I had to guess I'd say spider webs, or some sort of fungal mycelium.
Mycelia would explain it disappearing and also maybe having a jelly texture.
Here is a picture.
www.fungaljungal.org...

Several have made similar responses. They likely are not exactly the same.... both in shape and the way they are spread around. That pic is so close you can't even see if it is a perfect clump like mine. Also, MOST people have never touched it to see if it turns to gel, yet feel comfortable saying, "I've seen that before."

Remember.... the Condon Report wouldn't even have entertained the research if it could ALL be explained as mold and spider webs.

GEL!

Edward Slayton

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I don't think you faked it. I think you are giving an extraordinary explanation for a form of fungus, or the snow mold people have posted.

As you didn't come up with this angel hair theory don't you think you may have bought into a wild explanation for snow mold. An explanation perpetuated by someone who didn't know what it was.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I would say the mycelia would likely turn to a gel like substance as you described as I was interested in mycology and have grown mycelium before.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I believe you Edward
and would like to see pictures of your ufo tattoo.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I would say the mycelia would likely turn to a gel like substance as you described as I was interested in mycology and have grown mycelium before.

Sorry. I don't have the time to sit here and answer every post. Being it's not my first BBQ, I will also say that 30 minutes from now, someone who didn't read the entire thread would not even see my answer to the same question that they will quickly hit "Respond" and ask again... or theorize again.

I have a life, believe it or not, and simply don't have the time. I'm about to spend 20 or 30 bucks over-nighting something to Arizona for a purpose that couldn't possibly make me a single dollar. Trust me. There's not a dollar to be made on this. America doesn't care and this isn't any kind of Smoking Gun. Even if it was, it would be double-thought by most of America... even accusing me of being a CIA agent if I brought forward a perfect video of me walking onto a ship and meeting aliens.

Technology has destroyed the possibility of ever proving anything... short of mass UFO sightings or a landing on the White House lawn.

Edward Slayton
edit on 9-12-2010 by EdwardSlayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

As I said, this is not my first BBQ. I've been accused of faking my UFO pics. (Linked in the first post of this thread) At the time, I couldn't afford Cable Television, let alone photo lab work.

This is not my first BBQ either. I have a long perfect track record of cooking hoaxers on the grill. I am that guy that sees a magic trick and knows instantly how it was done. I see through the B.S. with precision observations and ask the perfect questions. I use deductive reasoning to weed out the truth from the lies. If you can pass my tests then what you say just might be true. If you fail my tests, then it's either a HOAX, a lie, or a misunderstanding and confusion.

So far, I asked for a video of the "angel hair" turning to gel, and you made an excuse or ignored the request. You continually say "this is not my first BBQ" and even bring up the fact that you have been accused of hoaxing before, and deny it's a hoax. You already appear guilty.

I never said this was a hoax. In fact, I said it was probably gray snow mold. I was saying "angel hair" is an internet hoax, and it is really easy to hoax. That is why you think mold is "angel hair", you let a hoax control your thoughts.

But here you are defending yourself of a hoax. Seems like a guilty conscious to me.

The sad truth is, skeptics are lost in a world of double-think. Anything can be double-thought into doubt. The results of the analysis could be doubted as faked. I recommend that you, or anyone like you, go do something else on the internet because you will never get the answers you're looking for unless a ship comes down, lands in front of you, an alien gets out and slaps you in the face. Oh wait... you will probably think it was government technology and a human in an alien costume.

See what I mean? Double-think.

The sad truth is, believers are lost in a world of double-think. Anything can be double-thought into doubt. The results of the analysis could be doubted as faked when they turn out to be mold, or spider webs. They think everything is a government cover up, and everyone who doubts what you say is a skeptic/debunker or secret agent.

The really sad truth is, most believers are gullible delusional half-whits who day after day think mundane earthly objects are "alien". They believe they are the smartest people in the world, and everything they are ignorant about is "alien". They see something they have no clue about, and get all excited to the point they deceive themselves into thinking they found something special and alien. They then rush to the internet to tell all their gullible friends before doing any research or logical thinking, and before they know it they are spreading lies and rumors which echo from one gullible person to the other, creating a hoax. That is when knowledgeable people who actually take the time to rule out all possible options step in, and explain that it isn't special or alien, then the believers double-think and call those knowledgeable people "disinfo agents" and "skeptic debunkers", etc.. Then the believers actually have the nerve to tell those people to leave the internet and do something else....

Sure, lets all just leave a bunch of ignorant people on the internet alone so they can spread rumors and spiral down the path to insanity because they think wild things such as aliens harvesting their souls.
Lets let little kids believe mold is "angel hair from aliens".

Some people actually have the nerve to say skeptics are the ones who thought the Earth was flat. It's actually the other way around... believers were the ones who thought the Earth was flat. They believed unfounded theories that lacked proof. Skeptics were skeptical of the flat Earth theory because it lacked proof. If it wasn't for skeptics, believers would have believed some hogwash rumor that the Earth was flat.

The thing about believers is that they will believe anything.... literally. They doubt-think AND not-think at the same time. A government agent in an alien costume could land on their lawn with secret aircraft technology, and believers would think it's alien. Some even believe human technology is alien because it's too complex for their little minds to comprehend.

Heck, a mold can form on their lawn and they would think it's alien. A teenager with only a few hours of CGI experience can fool a majority of believers with a simple CGI image or video. Even an amateur photographer could take an out of focus picture of a commercial jet and believers would think it is alien.
And when all of it is proven to be mundane, they will think it is a government cover up.

Believers think they are special and have some special "way of thought" that is better than others, and they think they are "open minded" to any and all ideas. They even convince themselves that because of this "way of thought" they can never be wrong.
It couldn't be further from the truth. They closed their mind long ago and think everything is alien or a cover up of aliens. They are stuck in a cycle of denial. They use confirmation bias and excuses to find every little microscopic reason to believe something is alien. They fooled themselves into thinking they are exhausting every option, but in reality they are just grasping at straws.

If you expect "America", or logical people, to take you seriously OP. Show some actual proof. Until then, you will only create a bunch of gullible followers who will worship you because you made them think you are special and a "contactee" because you found mold and called it angle hair, and your dad worked in avionics...

The story about your dad working in avionics and using that as a reason to believe you are contactee of alien angel hair...well.. I'm sorry that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It's borderline psychotic.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I have personally had spider webs turn to gel when I wiped them away after walking through them.

Hmmmm.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
It looks like the mold we get our lawn sprayed for.
Turns up at certain times of year. But don't know what it's called.

Could this be slime mold? The description certainly seems similar but people need to take this stuff to a museum or university biology department or peer at it down a kid's microscope. I thought that angel hair was becoming very unfashionable.

Rgds

T

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

'My mother brought those vials from her house. She sells stuff on eBay that's like, esoterical. She puts "Angel oil" in those. Yes, we are out there. But we can't imagine or fake something like this.

Ummm...not thinking of going into business with your mother selling this stuff now are you? It's cheap advertising on ATS I suppose.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
we get these in lima ohio all the time fields of it literally i wish i had pics for ya keep me posted on lab results

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join