It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Winter Storm Feb. 8th, 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EdwardSlayton

your dreams can't predict the future guy, take two anti-psychotics and post again in the morning

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The Great North Sea Storm of February 2011

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Here it comes...

www.cnn.com...

I won't claim a hit because it's happening 6 days early on February 2nd, 2011. But it WILL be the biggest of the season and probably the biggest in over 20 years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14417beb44fb.jpg[/atsimg]

This potentially historic winter storm will have widespread
impact ranging from the Rockies to New England.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bc8d8d09629.jpg[/atsimg]

Severe thunderstorms will hit areas from Houston, Texas, to New Orleans, La.

If I had put my "Moon theory" into better practice (mentioned above), I would have moved the date back 6 days to the New Moon date of Feb. 3rd, 2011. Oh well. Close enough for me considering I had the dream on November 20th, 2010... before the Winter even started. But I know it's not close enough for the skeptics. So I'm fine with the flaming.

Edward Slayton

edit on 31-1-2011 by EdwardSlayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Monster Storm Creates Travel Woes, Danger Across a Third of U.S.

A potentially deadly winter storm is moving eastward, covering at least one-third of the country, and bringing with it a combination of heavy snow, ice, high winds and freezing temperatures.

Some forecasters said it could be the worst snowstorm the country has seen in more than 40 years. More than a foot of snow may fall on a 2,100-mile stretch from New Mexico to Maine. The National Weather Service even warned that high winds on Lake Michigan could produce waves of 25 feet, leading to coastal flooding, particularly along Chicago's Lake Shore Drive.

The storm has already snarled air traffic in Chicago and Dallas, the site of Sunday's Super Bowl. American Airlines canceled 600 flights out of Chicago and another 900 flights at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport. According to Flightaware.com, more than 6,300 flights have been cancelled nationwide so far, with the number expected to increase as the storm moves east.

Blizzard warnings are in effect for nine states with the storm expected especially to affect Oklahoma City, Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Des Moines, , Chicago and Milwaukee.

In Tulsa, Okla., the Tulsa World has announced Wednesday's paper will not be printed because of the storm, though the online edition will continue.

"This will be the first time in our history that we have not printed a Tulsa World," said publisher Robert E. Lorton III. "However, we wanted to make sure our employees and their families remained safe as we all try to deal with this weather."

Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator Craig Fugate said the snowstorm will be powerful, and warned residents to be prepared.

"This is not something that's sneaking up on us," he said. "It's been well-forecasted. We know it's going to be bad and prepare like it's bad."

Governor Pat Quinn of Illinois activated more than 500 National Guard troops to assist motorists on several highways. The troops will be stationed at rest stops, and work with the Illinois State Police to ensure the safety of any stranded travelers.

This winter weather comes on the heels of an upper-level storm system, according to the National Weather Service.

Besides snow, rain will create icy conditions stretching from southern Missouri, across central Illinois, through Indiana and Ohio and into western Pennsylvania.

Below-zero temperatures are possible from the Dakotas to Denver, with the wind-chill reaching to as low as 40 below zero in the Great Plains.

Midwest and Plains Brace for Second Round

In the Midwest and Great Plains, residents are bracing for today's weather conditions, the second system to pass through the region since Sunday.

The first system slammed into the Midwest Sunday night, dropping a foot of snow in Minnesota by Monday.

Forecasters predict up to an inch of ice, along with 3 to 4 inches of sleet and possibly more snow.

In St. Louis, forecasters expected light freezing drizzle overnight with snow to blanket the central and northeastern part of the state.

In Wisconsin, extreme snow is expected with snow showers continuing into Wednesday afternoon.

But forecasters said Chicago would bear the brunt of the storm. The city could receive up to 2 feet of snow. Parts of northern Indiana could receive nearly 3 feet.

Chicago forecasters predict the storm will rank as one of the top snowstorms to hit the city.

The last major snowstorm there was in 1999, dumping about 19 inches. In 1967, 23 inches were dumped on the city.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I guess being close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes as the saying goes but you were damn close enough. Please post if you have a dream about an earthquake or volcano going off on a certain date.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think your dream was close enough. Its here alright - we are at Level 1 State of Emergency here in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. So far I haven't lost electric but others have - reports of outages, accidents, trees and power lines down.
I heard this could be considered the Storm of The Century by the time all is over with.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Im in minnesota so im safe
Its snowing right now

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I think your dream was close enough. Its here alright - we are at Level 1 State of Emergency here in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. So far I haven't lost electric but others have - reports of outages, accidents, trees and power lines down.
I heard this could be considered the Storm of The Century by the time all is over with.

My sister lives about half hour from St. Louis and they just got power back. Been out most of the day due to ice and of course the snow on top of it. I-70 shut down from KC to St Louis.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I gotta say thats pretty close to me. S&F for finally someone on here to have a prediction that actually almost came true on the date, a week is a comfortable time frame for me.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Post more of your dreams if you would. Dreams have been an interest of thought to me lately. I've been having dreams over the past year that are more vivid and detailed than ever in my life and have been thinking about them often lately. The thing about my dreams that have fascinated me most of of lately are the details. I've seen details on physical items that cannot be associated to anything I've seen in my lifetime. I'll give you an example. In my dreams a few nights ago I picked up a wooded tobacco pipe that was sitting on a table. The pipe had intricate carvings in it that I have never seen before. I then noticed a case holding two more pipes all with different carvings in them. I know I never seen these designs in an awakened state I would would have remembered something like that because there was so much scribed into such small objects that they were absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing your dream prediction, hope to see more

_________Jessica__________

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Seen anything in your dreams lately about a meteor that is supposed to hit
the Marfa, Texas area this super bowl weekend, as per another post here
on ATS?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I actually saw a post on another forum a few nights ago that said there was going to be a nuke near the Super Bowl that will be seen by all through television. It was a prophesy written by someone that has been correct in the past if I remember correctly. i hope it has no truth to it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join