It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Winter Storm Feb. 8th, 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
(Posting from Palm Pre)

Several weeks ago I had a dream in which a voice said, "Major winter storm on February 8th."

FWIW; I had the dream before the harsh US and Europe winter reared it's head. Anyway... Feb 8th is a long way away and an exact date hit would be classic... and wouldn't surprise me either.

Edward Slayton

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Plus thats my birthday..what a great present. I think I'll stock up on some peas and beans

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EdwardSlayton

That is a pretty vague prediction. Do you have any idea where this storm will actually hit? Is it a winter storm as in heavy snow, power outages, impassable roads, etc. or a winter storm as in an a major cold front that causes problems because of the extreme cold or a combination of both?

I live on the east coast as well (a bit further north than FL though) and have had a strange feeling since last spring that this winter was going to be very hard on many across the U.S. and Europe.
I am just glad that I have wood/coal to burn and can stay nice and warm even if the electricity is off.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Im asking you now please dont come on here, and boast how your dream predicted a winter storm in february when its all normal stuff... Now if it snows like 10 ft in hawaii.. by all means

ps, How many palm pres have you owned? i had 6 before I finally said goodbye and joined the crackberry tribe. (pre battery port kept breaking)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Jakal26,

Sorry. I guess I assumed that a "Winter Storm" in my mind would be known by most people in America. I didn't get that info from the dream, but I would define it (based on personal experiences in NYC) as a major Nor Easter like the one in March 1993. Any other snow storm... like in the midwest, is incapable of the kind of hurricane-strength low pressure, sustained high winds (SUSTAINED) and the band of tornadoes that usually cuts a swath through northern Florida. But I have a really bad feeling about the winter this year. I've been talking about it with my friends for weeks... even before it came. And we just had our first freeze on December 6th. Usually doesn't come... if at all, until late December or January. I think it'll snow this year in Tampa and Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda.

dmefoc,

Okay. At least 4 feet in Central Park and barometric pressure equal to a Category 3 Hurricane. (The guys and gals on the Weather Channel will talk about that if we get it)

Only one Palm Pre. I don't use third party software. That's most people's problem. Same on my computer here at home. Never install anything except FireFox, Gimp, Sony Vegas 6.0, WS_FTP Pro, Dreamweaver, and a 1995 version of Microsoft Word. No viruses, no problems. I also seem to know what sites to avoid just by looking at a url. It's weird, but true. Never had a computer virus.

Back to the Pre... Sprint as the carrier. One dead spot in my house... none anywhere else around town.

Edward Slayton
edit on 9-12-2010 by EdwardSlayton because: Left out software

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Well.....I for one sure hope you are wrong.
However, I fear that you may be on the right track with this one

Peace
Jakal

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The J. Gruber’s Garden and Farm Almanac predicts 2011 will start off with light snow several times through January. It calls for a Nor’easter with heavy snow in early February,

The Farmers Almanac is predicting a major snowfall in mid-February; possibly blizzard conditions for New England.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
The J. Gruber’s Garden and Farm Almanac predicts 2011 will start off with light snow several times through January. It calls for a Nor’easter with heavy snow in early February,

The Farmers Almanac is predicting a major snowfall in mid-February; possibly blizzard conditions for New England.

Cool. Thanks for that info. Makes me feel a little better.

The only thing I don't agree with (about my own dream) is that the worst nor easters occur in combination with a Full Moon or New Moon. And Feb 8th is in between.

?

Last night I dreamed I was being drafted into the military. But I'm like, 40 years old.

?

Edward Slayton

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Winding up...

www.cnn.com...
Boston, NYC face blizzard warnings as storm system barrels north

(CNN) -- Snow fell in parts of the southeast Saturday, the leading edge of a powerful storm system that has prompted blizzard warnings in New York City and Boston and threatened to cause major travel headaches at the tail end of the holiday week.

The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning for the New York City metropolitan area, from northeast New Jersey through Newark and New York, and including the entirety of both the Long Island and Connecticut coasts of the Long Island Sound. That warning is in effect between 6 a.m. Sunday and 6 p.m. Monday.

CNN meteorologist Bonnie Schneider explained that the system is a Nor'easter, which gets its name from the continuously strong northeasterly winds blowing in from the ocean ahead of the storm and over the coastal areas.

Forecasters predict between 11 to 16 inches of blowing snow in much of that region, bringing visibility to near zero at times. Sustained winds as strong as 30 miles per hour could hit Sunday night, with gusts up to 55 mph in parts of central and eastern Long Island.

I expect the season to get worse. And right now, it's nothing compared to the wickedness that this way comes in February.

Edward Slayton

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Live coverage of the current blizzard...

abclocal.go.com...

NYC Channel 7 meteorologists just confirmed barometric pressure equal to a Category 3 hurricane within THIS particular Noreaster... not the one I'm predicting Feb 8, 2011.

Edward Slayton
edit on 26-12-2010 by EdwardSlayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I dug down and found the FaceBook post that I made the morning after the dream. (I wanted the date documented) Turns out I had the exact wording wrong when I started this thread. But it's still February 8th.

I WAS correct though, about having the dream long before the world-wide harsh Winter even got started...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/420f7079ac7b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Okey dokey Edward! Yep, you're the man!

Who cares, predictions are a dime a dozen, and here you are patting yourself on the back for something that hasn't even occurred yet.

So, a big

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Um, last I checked it was snowing everywhere...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
That is certainly a big stretch of the imagination to predict that there would be a big major winter storm in the northern United States in February. Who could imagine such an event?

I'll go ahead a predict that there will be a tremendous heat wave in early August 2011. I'll add that it will last all month.

Now you won't be crazy by yourself.

Time for all to put up their bets on these two predictions.

Please don't take me seriously. It's 2AM and I feel very silly.

Maybe we should designate a day for all members to make a prediction for 2011.

Never mind I'm going to bed now and rest what's left of my brain.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
reply to post by amongus

Um, last I checked it was snowing everywhere...

And last time I looked, it was JANUARY 13! Not even close to February 8th.

edit on 13-1-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is interesting and I will mark it on the calendar because just a few nights ago I had an insane urge to stock up on emergency food supplies like MRE's. It's odd only because it hit me out of nowhere, I just went online and said "oh, I should really buy some of these." Really not sure why. I enjoy snow too, but I don't necessarily enjoy frigidly cold nights with no power. I'm undecided whether I'd like this prophecy provided it does come true.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Snow has been on the ground for a few days here man... you splitting hairs?

There has definitely been some crazy winter weather happening within the past week. I'd say that's close enough when the prediction was made 80 or so days ago.

EDIT: Haha!! I just realized he said February not January. Silly me. Star for you!

edit on 13-1-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
reply to post by amongus

Snow has been on the ground for a few days here man... you splitting hairs?

There has definitely been some crazy winter weather happening within the past week. I'd say that's close enough when the prediction was made 80 or so days ago.

EDIT: Haha!! I just realized he said February not January. Silly me. Star for you!

edit on 13-1-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

Lol....I was gonna say! All good.....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

So you are gifted with the ability to receive information in your dreams that has an astounding track record of being correct ONCE and THIS is the best info you can bring us? A winter storm? Go back to sleep.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Boy some real a-holery has crept out from under the rocks tonight.

It was a prediction I made 80 days out about a MAJOR winter storm. MAJOR.

MAJOR

May.... Jer!!!!!!!!

AS I SAID ABOVE!!!!! READ THE WHOLE PAGE!!!!... If it happens, it will not only be the biggest storm of the season, it will be the biggest since March 13th, 1993. Only if it meets this criteria will I boast that I was correct. So no, that person was wrong. I will NOT claim I was correct if a storm like any that has occurred this year, occurs on or near the date of February 8th, 2011.

J_sus Chr_st in a hand cart. Get a grip. And read every post before you talk smack.

Anyway... You also have to give me one day +/- because I don't know if the 80 days should be counted from the night I went to sleep or the morning I woke up. But we'll cross that bridge when/if we get there.

Edward Slayton
edit on 13-1-2011 by EdwardSlayton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join