It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien citylights on TITAN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The evil aliens have built a city/base on TITAN!

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think i can see J Rod's house down there...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I am suppose to believe a photo on the internet because?????????

Where is the article you jacked this image from, or the website, anything cmon now.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have to quess and I am probably going to quess wrong, 7,8 years ago? I'm fairly certain it was a newspaper article and not a radio or tv report, anyway a fairly large asteroid passed by the earth. It gave of some sort of light that asteroids don't give off. The article stated that it was artificial light that hd to be made by something or someone. I never heard anything else about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hmm, looks like clouds to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Which satellite is meant to land on Titan? Or did i get that part wrong?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Lysergic:

I wrote the texts etc. the typefaces are americana
and futura Here's a small explanation how the color
is "done". Actually the data for RGB-pictures is in RAW
Cassini monochrome-images, no color tampering is
done nor needed. Photoshop is used for creating the
color images in my case. Here's a small map I made
aiding this explanation:

And here is a link for the RAW monochrome images:

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit: spelling check

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Drol Asharin]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No, those are not city lights, they are a highly reflective area. Read before assuming:

However, a large, highly reflective area about the size of Australia has been identified in infra-red images, and is already detectable in visible light images from the Cassini spacecraft.

...a quote from the mega-internet-encyclopedia. Read the rest of the interesting info about Titan at this link:

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2004/7/3 by RX84]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Drol Asharin,

No energy crises on Titan!.
All that methane.
I expect to see more of these populated areas
in the photos to come...
I suspected there might be somebody there.
Nice "find"

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
would be nice if they were a sign of civilization....

I suspect it to be some type of atmospheric activity as displayed with Saturn...

Saturn's auroral displays are caused by an energetic wind from the Sun that sweeps over the planet, much like the Earth�s aurora that is occasionally seen in the nighttime sky, and is similar to the phenomenon that causes fluorescent lamps to glow.

source

[edit on 4-7-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Remember that Titan is known to have mountain peaks of frozen methane.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Certainly if Titan is found to have life on it, especially intelligent life that creates its own light sources, it will come as a surprise to the world. Though it won't be the first time we've heard it. Maurice Chatelain, a man who worked for NASA in at least some capacity (albiet highly contested by debunkers like James Oberg), claimed to know that intelligent life was in our solar system on Titan.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Also, that color image that you have made is not true color. Those pictures were not taken using visible light filters. Two of them are infrared band pictures and the other is a continuum band.

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

The highlighting has also added an extra effect of something which is simply not there.

If you reached a planet with intelligent life, like we have here on Earth, you wouldn't even need to look at the surface of the planet to assertain there is/was intelligent life there. We have 1000's of man made satellites in orbit and the ISS in a 90 minute orbit.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by electric

If you reached a planet with intelligent life, like we have here on Earth [...]

Sorry, I was amused by the potential for irony in this bit of the post.

[edit on 4-7-2004 by 0951]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I don'y kmow if any of you have seen some of the posts by Kangaxx, but he makes some interesting comments about alien bases below the surface of this planet and that they have colonized two moons orbiting Saturn. The link to this thread is here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
LOL! I just got through posting about how the pictures from space make me feel like a kid again and imagine things like this being a Titan city!

I guess we imagine the same way.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There's no harm in doing that :-)

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Drol Asharin: You a finn or just happened to pick a picture of Kari Salmelainen for your example?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Its beautiful. Saturn, Titan........

I have always wanted to see Saturn and its moons up close, and this is incredible. And idiots say exploring space is a waste of time.............

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Cassini is supposed to drop a probe on Titan, whatever the findings im sure some will find it fascinating, Titan is an very interesting place. HAHA Flyboy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join