It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realizing Your Membership Is NOT That Important.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

my personal observations are this It looks like it is a security settings...as you have tried other browsera and such....now this is going to get a wierd response i am sure ...but shut down your firwalls and disable your Anti virus and try to log into chat...It is a process of elimination...you eliminate all things that may contribute to the problem then bring them back online one by one....then when the eror shows it's ugly head again you then know the program causing the grief...don't worry that your all of a sudden going to be assaulted with viruses cause you wont...and your checkers will find them when you reactivate your going to do this in one session so you wont have them down for long...also when your find the culprit you can then find the setting causing the grief.
I run IE8 and Xp But i have run every OS and Everybrowser...and they all work...I use xp by choice cause it is very stable...I like WIN7 but just waiting for the drivers to catch up.
But to me it is not a flash/java Issue....It is a incorrect security setting...and i am sure if you start blank and bring things back online you will be suprised at your skill in hunting down a problem.
hope this helps you out ....but it is how i go about fixing peoples problems on their machines....start from the basic and work things back in...

ps i use AVG 9 and works fine.
edit on 043131p://f26Friday by plube because: ps

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Hmm...It seem´s that is a security issue that you have, by looking at the pic which you posted. Something is blocking the atschat.php(it´s the third message from above). It seems that something blocks the java-plug-in to run properly.That is why you seeing only the Gray background. I tried the chat monitor, which you posted : Here, and the chat monitor works fine with me. Ok i cannot use the chat since i do not have the 200 Posts so far, but the chat monitor works fine.

Please check if you missing a plug in. I am posting 2 pics to show you what i mean.

Hope that helps.

Peace

edit on 10-12-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I get the same messages though and I can use the chat perfectly. Have you looked at your own error console when you log into chat? do you get the same errors?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I have looked the errors. It works fine. The only thing is that i cannot use the chat, since i need 200 Posts, in order to use the chat.

I am using Zonealarm and AVG, but i have no such problems so far.

Peace
edit on 10-12-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I just found something on the mozilla page that told me _javascript isn't running properly
That has to be the problem. I have all the latest updates, I just have to figure out how to get the _javascript to run. I now believe it's just my computer being bitchy, you know how they get
They have minds of their own, I'm sure of it....

I am off to figure out how to make this thing behave now.....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Remember that Java and JavaSCRIPT are two totally separate programs...

Updating "Java" does nothing for JavaSCRIPT. Crazy, I know, but it is how it is...

Springer...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I've discovered that with trying to get this to work. Learning all sorts of things. I've been going to all 3 browsers that I have, and making sure _javascript is enabled everywhere, and it is, and even found a website that tests it. It says it's working, but it wasn't at first when I went to that site. Then it decided not to work again, on its own. :shk: I'll just have to keep fiddling with this thing, and all the settings. Trying to make them stick.

NoRegretsEver is probably having the same issues as me. The computer deciding for us, what IT feels like doing.

I'm convinced computers are possessed. It stops working when I need it, and then works when tested elsewhere. I'm clearly not the boss of this computer....

yet.

But I'll beat it.....
or go insane trying

Thanx to all of you, you have been very helpful in leading me to what the problem is.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
whenever the ATS chat gets into the Video chat aspect, then i'll subscribe to it.

perhaps the text chat can be on a centerpiece scroll- for those without webcams

and encircling the text section up to 8 video inserts of active chat members could be viewed,
you see multiple screens on TV panels all the time...with the audio picking up each persons
max. of 12 seconds of input...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join