It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Congressman Suggests Bush Hiding Osama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Could it be that one of the well known 'conspiracy rumors' about Osama being captured and help for political gain is actually true? Well, according to this article at least one member of Congress is personally suggesting that it is in fact very true.

www.worldnetdaily.com
In a speech to business leaders in India, Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., gave credence to a rumor that the U.S. has captured Osama bin Laden and for political reasons is waiting for the right moment to reveal it, according to the Indo-Asian News Service.

"There are already rumors circulating that Osama bin Laden is being held somewhere already and it's only that they are trying to decide what day they should bring him out," McDermott told Confederation of Indian Industry representatives at a luncheon in New Delhi on Thursday.

Former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright echoed the bin Laden rumor, suggesting to Morton Kondracke of Fox News: "Do you suppose that the Bush administration has Osama bin Laden hidden away somewhere and will bring him out before the election?"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Apparently, McDermott isn't what you would call a Bush supporter in the slightest way and previous to this announcement has spoken publicly against other decisions Bush has made. What is interesting to me is that ideas such as this are usually not something you hear from members of high office, as these kinds of allegations are extremely serious and not something that is said without considering the repercussions.

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well, if Osama really is brought out a convenient time, then things would become very interesting. Personally, I think he was caught in Afghanistan and is being held in secret. So, I am like-minded in that sense. All we can do is wait and see.
I'm sure the Bush administration will become very angry over the comments because they won't want members of Congress to start thinking of conspiracies, but I think its good so people realize things just don't seem right around here.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And the plot thickens.

Im not surprised at all, really. I have suspected that, since in the past, we have always known where he is at, we had captured him long ago. Given the Bush ties to the Bin Laden family, this doesnt surprise me either.

And i still believe Bush knew and had involvement in 9/11. This might give credence to it further.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Im not surprised at all, really. I have suspected that, since in the past, we have always known where he is at, we had captured him long ago.

Man this is political nitroglycerine. If Bush is sitting on Bin laden to release him at a adventageous point in the election, it could vary well backfire. If he is people have to know and eventually PEOPLE WILL TALK!

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Who knows, he may be keeping him in one of his pockets, for election day, maybe Bush will do a magic trick with bin laden, to amuzes the voters

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I also found this little tidbit to be interesting as well:

McDermott tacitly accused the administration of a similar scheme in a remark to a reporter after the capture of Saddam Hussein.

"I don't know if it was definitely planned on this weekend, but I know they've been in contact with people all along who knew basically where he was," McDermott reportedly said.

Seriously, those are some pretty powerful accusations even for a member of Congress to be saying about the President. He is publicly saying that Bush is Lying and Manipulating Major Events of the War in Iraq & Terrorism solely for Political Gain and Voter Support and so forth. I mean isn't that basically like calling the President a Criminal?

Also, with Bush and his 'We will not accept any mention of Conspiracy Theories' rule, I would assume that anyone actually making such claims would be damn sure that they are not theories before saying them.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Democrats could be saying this so that if Bush does find Osama they can then say that the Republicans (some of them) had been planning this all along. This could be the Democrats preparing to destroy a potential huge victory for the Republicans if they do find Osama. This would take all the focus off of Bush having done something good and it would put the focus on him having lied about having him all along. It's trying to make it a no win situation for Bush if does or does not find him. The Democrats (and Republicans) know they can make claims they can't back up and the majority of the people will eat it up without any proof. Whoever says something first tends to be right anymore. People will believe the Democrats without any proof of this claim because they are so willing to hate Bush for anything that he does. Even if it is something good, like getting Osama.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Kind of like how we believe everything the news tells us without any proof...yea, i see what you are getting at. Too bad, so many documents are being classified these days, including testimony that the FBI knew about 9/11.
But, the information surrounding Osama's capture will ultimately tell us whether he has been in custody for a long time or not. Also, the timing may seem like a strange coincedence.
I was waiting for someone to say something along those lines because ultimately we don;t know either way. I wonder what rumors the congressman is talking about.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well, if we go with the theory, maybe he is not caputred yet. Just cornered and they are waiting for the right moment if they need the votes and when cameras can be there to catch all the action on film...

That would be great publicity. "The live capture of OBL" I trust neither side, they both do everything for political gain. Nothing more! So, who knows which side if not both are just trying to get an advantage.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It would be interesting IF somehow
Osama Bin Laden was captured and the report made to the media durring the live broadcast of the Democratic National Convention.

I really don't think there is any chance of that happening. and if the Bush administration actually had captured Osama I don't think they'd be able to hide the news.. the reaction in the arab world would show us if he was either captured or dead.. imo

Gazz

[edit on 3-7-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ive told friends I think he will be bought out a couple of weeks before the election.

Ive though this ever since there were rumours that he was found months ago and I know that Bush will stop at nothing to get his way.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that the Intelligence Services know where he is and that Osama is under protection of the United States Government.

I believe that Bush will not capture him and put him in front of the cameras because of the nature of the Bush-Bin Laden relationship and their business deals.

I think that Bush would prefer a terror attack on United States soil than to reveal his partnership with Osama.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The rumor has it that Usama was picked up in South eastern Iran in a snatch and grab. He was spirited away to an un-known location. "The reason why" it wasn't revealed is because we didn't want the Iraninans to know we put boots on their soil.

Is it true? Don't know, but that was the story in intel circles in the end of January.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
All the evidence provided by u.S sources regarding Bin Laden has been highly questionable to say the least. You can look at the war on terror and run it on a parallel with the succesfull Bush administration policy. Then you look at Iraq and see the lies and the motives....Can't people see through the 'war on terror' and just see the elitist political motives behind?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
All very interesting points being mentioned here. Yup Jamuhn, I'm thinking along the lines of how our news is today. If a point is even slightly suggested or hinted towards then that's all most people need to buy into it. You're right about the info that comes out when he's captured revealing a lot. I just hope we will know the truth for sure, one way or the other. Interesting post.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
We can speculate anything we can but the true is I don't buy, I don't believe Bush has bin laden and I don't thing his is even alive.

Maybe somebody find his rotten body somewhere and do a DNA test and that is !!!!Bin laden!!!!.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I agree with many of the posters. I think we know were OBL is and are waiting for the most opportune time to nab him and/or we already have him.
A very good point was made that, should Pres. Bush, suddenly announce the capture of OBL, at the most opportune political moment, it could well backfire. Too many Americans have become both cynical and suspicious of government claims and electioneering tactics.
joey

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Jan 16,2004 , I'm kinda sticking with this. My first post on this site was asking whether anyone else knew if He was captured. We have not heard anything from him since then. The only messages that were aired were parts of tapes recorded before this time. And the rest of them are speculative. There has been no concrete confirmation as to any "New" messages directly from him.

There has to be a reason we have not heard from him...

1) He is dead
2) He has been captured
3) He is on a boat somewhere waiting to carry out his Martyrdom "In the Belly of the Eagle"
4) He got the hell out of town......

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Kind of like how we believe everything the news tells us without any proof...yea, i see what you are getting at. Too bad, so many documents are being classified these days, including testimony that the FBI knew about 9/11.
I wonder what rumors the congressman is talking about.

On the flip side, many people discount anything the news tells us, choosing instead to believe any conspiracy theory that is put on the table.

As far as which rumor McDermott is referring to, remember that he is rabidly anti-Bush. The rumors he is selling today may have come from the same rumor-mill that yesterday said that bin Laden is a member of the CIA.:shk:

Flyer:

Ive told friends I think he will be bought out a couple of weeks before the election.

Me too. I've also predicted the 4th of July, Labor Day, 9/11/04, GHWB's birthday, President's Day, and just about every other significant date, just to cover all the bases.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I've had this same thought all along

Savin' Osama for a political coup

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join