It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fingerprint Scanner' use raises privacy concerns in N.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

'Fingerprint Scanner' use raises privacy concerns in N.C.

www.mcclatchydc.com

RALEIGH — Next month, 13 law enforcement agencies in the region will begin using a new handheld device that lets an officer scan a person's fingerprints and seek a match in an electronic database - all without going anywhere.

Police say taking fingerprints in the field will allow them to work more efficiently and safely. But the ACLU North Carolina in Raleigh worries that the device may allow officers to violate privacy rights.

Read more: www.mcclatchydc.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
And the Police state nonsense just keeps going on and on and on...

What's next, iris scans? Mobile rap-i-scan machines?

Philadelphia cops are already using TSA-like grope-down tactics on the citizenship:

www.prisonplanet.com...

I wonder when the masses are going to finally say enough is enough...We are losing every last ounce of freedom and decency in this country, and being violated everywhere we turn by "authorities".

Sigh.

www.mcclatchydc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

They already have mobile rapiscan. It was funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

$2.8 million order to OSI Systems' Security division, Rapiscan Systems, for the purchase of Mobile X-ray inspection vans. The award is the first to be placed under the terms of Rapiscan Systems' recently received $17.2 million Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract from the U.S. CBP. Funding for the purchase was provided to CBP through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

Source

Also they are using mobile x-rays on the streets without our knowledge or consent:

it might seem like a great government innovation: Use vans equipped with mobile X-ray units to scan vehicles at major sporting events, or even randomly, for bombs or contraband. But news that the US is buying custom-made vans packed with something called backscatter X-ray capacity has riled privacy advocates and sparked internet worries about "feds radiating Americans."

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

LOL, why am I not surprised?

This has gotten so far past the point of ridiculous that its bewildering anymore.

If I didn't know any better, it seems almost as if we are being TAUNTED by these bullies.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

More than a mere taunt. There has already been numerous studies that show this radiation is harmful. TSA airport screening for once a year fliers might or might not hurt you, but for frequent fliers it will add up. On top of this now they are installing it in mobile vehicles and we are being scanned without our knowledge.

The IAAF World Championships, probably future olympic games (they held the past contract) use them, let alone all the court houses already using them. In the future this will only expand.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How nice that they're doing this in my neck of the woods.

I had to get finger and palm printed for my CCW which was voluntary so cannot complain.

Any Raleigh cop or one of the outlying county Sheriffs (Wake, Durham, Granville, Orange, Franklin, Johnston, etc) deputies think they'll be printing me for a traffic infraction will be met with a lawsuit in State court if they press the issue. Hopefully the deputy will own a bass boat since I'd love to have one!!

In NC, our CCW is directly tied to our drivers license so I doubt it would affect me given the fact that they've already got all of that information.

I can assure you that I will just say no. Who knows, maybe I'll be a headline on ATS in the near future. I only have to provide my CCW and inform the occifer that I am carrying. Should said occifer take it to the next level? Things will get interesting!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Grop-N-Fly tactics are already here in North Carolina.

I talked to a woman and her daughter earlier this year who was pulled over for a traffic violation. The cops targeted her teenage daughter, groped her and when she complained tossed the kid into jail for "resisting arrest" they (the two male cops) then striped her bare and left her naked to teach her a lesson!

Please note the kid had done nothing more than complain when a man squeezed her breasts and groped her crotch.

I doubt we we ever here about these types of things on the news because they are just sweep under the rug.

Do I believe the story?
Yes, my father at the age of 62 was pulled over for failing to signal a lane change on a deserted highway at three in the morning. He was hauled off to jail and badly beaten. Our lawyer and Doctor said that there was nothing that could be done.

If we were to ask people, we would find these types of experiences are becoming more and more common but we will never see that in the news.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yes, as has been pointed out in some other threads, there's a REASON why the medical establishment has a patient wear a LEAD SUIT often times when they are x-raying an appendage. It's because this is RADIATION, which is obviously DANGEROUS.

Yet, for some reason when it comes to "authorities" use of this tech, that little tidbit doesn't seem to come into mention. lol

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Interesting. I was pulled in a school zone doing twice the legal limit due to the fog and was let off without even a warning. The officer didn't even flinch at the two firearms I had on me.

He just let me go about on my way. I've had three incidents since then where I have been let go. I watched one in my rear view mirror on his radio thinking he'd pull me but he just dropped off and let me go. I guess I am living a charmed life?

Either that or it's my disarming smile and my respectful demeanor. When I'm on my Harley, they don't even mess with me or my crew.
edit on 9-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

and guess who runs OSI ???
George Soros

that name seems to be coming up
a lot lately.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

My answer to all alphabet agencies is an alphabet agency of my own. SOG. Amazingly sharp yet light and tactical. zip, zip and it's a bad deal for those too close. I never really liked guns as much as I liked edged weapons. Unzipping a deer is no different than unzipping a bureaucrat other than the fact that the venison will taste awesome and the BC will stink up everything and require all of it to be cleaned by fire.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Looks like the police are getting even more tools to play with - all in the name of safety - but whose?? I hate the idea of the thin end of the wedge - once it is accepted, like body scanners then they are rapidly implemented in other places and become ubiquitous. Unless people resist.

Body cameras: The new eyes of the law

The Burnsville Police Department is the first in the state to use body cameras, which may become a new standard.

www.startribune.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If the information isn't stored anywhere, then what is the point? The only thing that I can think of would be to confirm your identity, in which case the ridiculous amount of hassle it is just to prove my identity to get a driver's license is for nothing. If my license isn't a confirmation after all the crap I had to go through to get it, then it's just as logical to think that someone cut of my hand and are wearing me-skin gloves.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
If the information isn't stored anywhere, then what is the point?

ohhh... but it is!

Ever heard of these corporations? accel, In-Q-Tel, darpa, DoD, information awareness office (IAO)

The IAO was made in 2002 by DARPA to acchieve "total information awareness." In other words they want your DNA, fingerprint, credit card purchases, sexual preferences, political affiliations, friends, etc. ad nauseam. Look at this link to see it's original, sigil logo with very familiar symbolism to most of us here on this site.

counter asymmetric threats by achieving total information awareness useful for preemption, national security warning, and national security decision making. On an elemental level, the logo is the representation of the office acronym (IAO) the eye above the pyramid represents "I" the pyramid represents "A," and the globe represents "O." In the detail, the eye scans the globe for evidence of terrorist planning and is focused on the part of the world that was the source of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. "Scientia est polentia" means "Knowledge is power.

They are probably collecting all your information off facebook also. This is a little speculative but another thread here on ATS is talking about this and someone posted this very good video to show the links:

Here is the link to the video can a moderater imbed this?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

This things are happening faster that we can even think to say "we don't want them", people still doesn't get it, but what can I say that is not already said, I wonder when the sheep will march happily into concentration camps modified to be "residential units" because is all in the name of your security and the nation.

I will post no more in this type of threads because is becoming very painful to do it. . . .

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I wonder when the sheep will march happily into concentration camps modified to be "residential units"

Sorry, can resist posting Jessie here:

Start at 9:35 he is grilling Co-Sponsor of the bill to build them. The Congressman says at 11:30 "the children [at the residential center] are probably very happy."

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I saw the program on TV that is why I made the comment on the "residential units", yes it was pitiful that behind barb wire and double fences children could be "very happy", if this is the mental justification to such barbaric means to control "certain groups of population" we in the US will be facing a very ugly future.

Then again most people see no evil and hear no evil, sad. . .

"Fusion centers" collecting information on citizens, retina scans and finger print scans, we will become what we deserve and oppress nation.

And this is not a conspiracy is REALITY

edit on 11-12-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Submit SLAVE! If you have done nothing wrong, what have you to hide???

Ahhhh...the brave new world is nearly upon us.

top topics

join