It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Image capture in SOHO EIT 284

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ello ello.

I wasn't entirely sure where this should have gone, so I decide to place it under the general conspiracy heading. It's entirely possible it could be tied into one of the other forums but for now, it's pure speculation.

So while checking out the SOHO real time images at nasa and checking the various feeds that we can get, I stumbled across something fascinating.

Below are two images.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b170b39e1e1.jpg[/atsimg]

This image above shows the sun in it's full filtered mode. Everything appears all nice and normal, you've got a few points of light here and there, and if you watch the video from the time stamp on the image, you'll see many come and go. One such point is the kinda visible one in the top left corner of the image, just a ways from the sun. This one only shows up in this frame, all other frames of the movie, it's absent. Save one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e86e196ecfc.jpg[/atsimg]

This one appears to be one in which the image filter of the sun, the one that lets us see the sun without being overpowered by it's light. Now look in the top left, though you probably already have, and you'll see a much clearer...thing. A bright thing. Only visible when the filter is down.

Now, do you think that this was always there and was only visible when the filter suffered from a hiccup? Any thoughts on what it is? Also I wonder if the dot in the first picture coincides with the light on the second picture.

for those of you who want to see this for yourself, go here;

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

And enter the date range for December 6th 2010 and pick the EIT 284 feed.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Let me be the first to say...

NIBIRU!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb2834da9b97.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ad935a6c699.jpg[/atsimg]

I was going to take a position of 'yeah LOL only kidding, course it can't be Nibiru...'

Then I saw the following on searching for a winged disc image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c1d5fba3402.jpg[/atsimg]

It just made me think - what if...?!

Imagine if it really was Nibiru, cruising our way, and all us sheeple hadn't a clue - the leaders would be preparing for Doomsday while we sit in ignorance, calling it a 'compression artifact' or a motion blur, or a speck of dust on the lens of the world's most expensive camera - or venus, Or a comet, or a giant spacecraft, or swamp gas. Or a rogue weather balloon - perhaps the very same one that went AWOL after the Roswell shenanigans?

I know those jokes are old, but I would LOVE for this to be the slip which lets the cat out of the bag.

I'd like for some astronomy experts to come in with diagrams and explanations to let us know what this super-bright star like object is.

Many thanks!

edit on 8-12-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: change of heart - sense of wonder - the ancients could have been onto something.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
it seems to look like a:

LASER SWORD!!!!

These same artifacts always look the same.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
When the data stream is obviously crapped out you really can't trust any image in the frame. Those kinds of images are strong light bleeding to other pixels. It's what anything shaped like that means. It's explained on the SOHO sight fairly well.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Dinkle

Funny how the sun looks like we'd expect it to look when the filter went down - and that the dim but obvious light source in first OP image takes on the dazzling form it does in second OP image - exactly what we'd expect to see if it was a real, light-generating or light-reflecting object, and not an 'artifact' as you so lamely fluffulate.

Come on - at least make an effort when you try to debunk something...

And your laser comment wasn't remotely funny, seeing as the genteel sarcasm in my original comment went straight over your head.. I'm not a member of the OMG WTF ROTFL LMFAO crowd.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

you just said fluffulate. thats funny.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Excellent spotting by the way - first time I've been genuinely intrigued by a SOHO image in quite a while. Artifacts abound in many of the speculative sightings reported, but this looks much more concrete. An astronomy subject matter expert will be along soon to tell us what I suspect - that analysis of the various planetary orbital paths during the time period in question, shows us that the respectively dim/ bright rayed image is a real object, and not an artifact. I guess it will be named as either venus, or a comet.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Either way, I do eagerly await a more knowlegdable poster. I only spotted it, I'm at a loss for what it could or couldn't be,

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Where's Stereologist when you need him..???

Only kidding.

I am surprised there's been no 'debunk'/ decent explanation yet... But I remain hopeful that this one isn't necessarily going to be an easy 'venus nibiru trap' for the pseudoskeptobunkers.

I recently downloaded Stellarium - will it let me check out stuff like this for dates in the past?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm afriad I wouldn't know, I have yet to dabble with the program myself. I got this off of the Nasa website myself, which may limit any ability to look back at this stuff, but I suppose there's a reason why I uploaded the pictures to ATS.

I will stress that in the frams between these two shots, the item in the top left was absent. It only appeared in these two shot.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Very intriguing indeed and NO debunking in 28 hours? Hum that's strange!
You've piqued my curiosity once more on the whole planet X/Nibiru thing. No to say it validates anything but several youtubers got the same image you got here. Oh well, Any explanation can be given to those who don’t know anyway.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

Yet still no debunk - I wonder though why the object only showed up in two frames... If I was to hedge my bets I'd say:

a) imaging artifact (though I'm still baffled as to why it behaves like a light generating/ reflecting object)

b) Extraterrestrial mega-craft (I believe we've seen a few of those on SOHO images in recent months).

And 'b' only sounds crazy because our technology/ politics/ scientific mindset are at a minimal level of development. Our sun is Third Generation, meaning two stellar epochs before our own a civilisation could have arisen under the warmth of a First generation star... Meaning they could be literally millions of years ahead of us if they survived industrialisation. Think Asimov's Foundation trilogy for the scale of that sort of society.

EDIT TO ADD - What if the mega-craft 'zapped' the SOHO satellite, taking the filter down and revealing itself for a split second???!!! Yeah, that's a bit ridiculous, but hey - maybe it's about baby steps of exposure, and stacks of mounting indicative evidence for the benefit of those nations who aren't massively keen on playing by the USA's rules. I believe that a tiny nation like Azerbaijan or Indonesia will eventually leak the smoking gun evidence, and when it comes it'll be irrefutable, the mother of all PR disasters for those who've propagated the full secrecy agenda for so long...

edit on 10-12-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join