It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Insurance File Password

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:
kix

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Assange said the Insurance file has "game changing" info.

If they shut down the internet...(you know who are ":they")

Then Ill believe he really had game changing info...

Stop dreaming, It wont happen.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by Misterlondon

It's virtually impossible to crack an aes256 encryption

AES permits the use of 256-bit keys. Breaking a symmetric 256-bit key by brute force requires 2128 times more computational power than a 128-bit key. A device that could check a billion billion (1018) AES keys per second would in theory require about 3×1051 years to exhaust the 256-bit key space.

Brute Force Attack - Wiki

Thats true, but we haven't used Brute Forcing techniques to crack keys in quite some time. The NSA employs 'Rainbow Tables' now, which significantly reduce the time required to crack keys. Also, with distributed computing using rainbow tables they could crack these keys in a significantly reduced time.

This link also describes other types of attacks on alogrithms (this particular article is about RSA encryption) - 1024-bit RSA encryption broken that manipulates the hardware.

My point being is that the NSA has all these tools, and probably countless more to break this sort of encryption.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Has anyone considered that this entire scenario is being played out by the same people who want to destabilize the world? Think about it for a second by taking a step back. What are the ramifications of this whole wikileaks deal? To expose those that are running th show. If they are exposed then what? Mass hysteria? Mass demonstrations against government? Global revolutions?

Some things that I see happening happening from all of this is that I don't know who to trust. It has gotten to a point that even if someone is telling their truth the could have been seeded with disinfo to start with. I see government stepping in and taking control of the internet because it is being used as a tool to prevent companies to do business. I see tbtb taking control because now it is matter of "national security" because these leaks have potentially "crippling" implications. I think it is all set up to bring us under one umbrella and control us.

It seems to me that none of the individual topics that we argue about even matter anymore. I cannot shake this feeling that wikileaks is the very vessel that will carry us into a one world government. Ah hell I don't know. Just got too many things flying around my noodle to even focus on the vast amount of unsettling news out here.

And as far as this password to massive files, it will all happen when whoever has the key is ready to unload it. I think...
edit on 9-12-2010 by IC 11:11 because: just had one last thought about the password thingy.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IC 11:11

You make some excellent points my friend. If this whole wikileaks thing is some sort of psy op then we truly are screwed as a planet and we can all kiss goodbye to freedom.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Perhaps it is in reference to some type of false flag event people have speculated about with an alien entity posing as "God"?

In Stargate SG-1, we know Apophis is an alien entity posing as a god to rule over the people? Hmm?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IC 11:11

I've been wondering the same. All of the hacktivist that are shutting down Mastercard and others in the supposed name of Wikileaks is just gonna help enforce the Governments cracking down on the internet in the near future. They will say it's to protect us.
It's like all the supposed terrorist that have been stopped in the nick of time. The Times Square bomber, The underwear bomber, the bombs on the cargo planes, and the christmas tree lighting bomber. None of these supposed bombs went off, not that I wanted them to, it's just plain strange that not a one of these supposed bomber kooks have succeeded makes me think they weren't suppose to. As though they are being set up to do these things so the Gov. can enforce more grief on us.

If there is something so important in this Insurance file then why not release it from day one? Why string people along? Everytime they say there will be a world changing cable release they have failed to do so. There are a lot of bad things being released but nothing that has awaken the masses. Something else is brewing.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
perhaps I got a idea whats in the insurance file...

It have somehing to do with the wallpapers posted on wikileaks homepage.. se my tread for this matter
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Could it be ?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Can someone please try the password from this forum:

www.demonoid.me...

I would try it myself but I do not know to use SSL.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Has anyone searched with hex Editor for "code" on the insurance file?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Video Removed by User

See!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
What I don't get is... The technology America possess, why haven't they busted this file open already?

They probably have and are trying to buy time, by arresting him and playing good cop / bad cop instead of killing him... I mean of course, him having an 'accident'!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i am hanging onto my reservations for this one. I agree YouTube would not be the smartest venue for its release, with that being said I think it is just as plausible due to using a host with a big enough web based infrastructure, it would be easy to infiltrate a millions times over with insignificant info drops and trailers connected to many conspiracy sites and other sites where there may be favorable opinion for wiki leaks, rather then squeaking out one or two messages before the Virtual Army is knocking down the site releasing the information. Flags are raised by the OP's YouTube and ATS status, but if you were trying to stick and move this is how you would accomplish it. The US diplomats are already calling for anyone associated with wiki leaks head and they want to get the info out while keeping the people who are releasing it as safe as possible. There are really threats of execution coming from the us and it is a serious matter. people are starring and flagging this because it provides if nothing else, pertinent discussion of a legitimate and important matter. This is what Jack Kennedy was trying to stand up against when he was removed from his position of power, the Freedom of information and government acting in the interests of the people with clear transparency. The CIA will stop at nothing, with the prodding of the CFR and the TLC in utter disbelief that every pawn, rook, and bishop they have on the board has just been taken out in one fell swoop,lol. Yeah, it's probably a hoax, but an interesting one none the less. And come on guys, why would wiki leaks rely on using Twitter,lol....yes it gets the info out, but people are sitting on every wiki leaks associate waiting to intercept anything they would deem to have ANYTHING to do with releasing anything. They would shut down Twitter in a heartbeat(US intel) and blame it on Wiki. Using your enemies own equipment seems much like the head of wiki-leaks' style.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't normally post here because the IQ level is under measurable levels, but please STOP spreading dis-information.

AES-256 has nothing to to with the NSA, NIST or the government.

The AES-256 encryption method was created by 2 Belgian cryptographers, Joan Daemen and Vincent Rijmen.

The U.S Government along with many others ran tests and deemed this method the most secure and decided to use ( by "use" it I mean they license and pay for it) it to encrypt classified AND top secret information.

NO ONE has been successful in breaking aes-256.

To put 256 BIT encryption into perspective, the combination is 2^[255] To brute force that would be impossible because it exceeds by a large factor all the the molecules in the ENTIRE universe.

Of course brute force is not the only attack vector, even so this is way beyond our current capabilities.

A vector would have to find and exploit a mathematical flaw in the algorithms design, so by all means go ahead, how it works is well documented, en.wikipedia.org...

For all the paranoid lunatics saying the file is some sort of virus, you do no need any .exe to open these files, you can use a command line and SSL or Open SSL. And no I'm not going to bother to tell you what that is because if you don't know how to use a tool you should not be using it.

T

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

Anybody try just the letter "a", lower-case?
That's what Chip from PlastrolTech uses.

The Web-Site is Down

edit on 2010-12-9 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Fixed You-Tube link, etc.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I saw there is an eBay item for auction, that ("allegedly") is for the password?
I assume, the eBay item is a hoax.
As to whether is part of a larger hoax (which caused the subject of this thead), I can not say

eBay Auction #180598674401

PS: This is quoted from the auction ...

You are bidding on a password for the WikiLeaks 'insurance' archive file. The file was obtained via a P2P Network and I was able to gain this password with a bit of luck and a whole lot of processing power. I have also found that the file is fragmented, and that there is more than one password needed to decrypt everything within the AES-256 encrypted file. This password may not decrypt the file in any way whatsoever. This password is only valuable to someone who knows how to use it. The information in this 'insurance' file is of no use to me as I am not 'well connected' and have no means of using it myself. Because of the nature of this auction, it is completely non-refundable. 5% of the final auction price will go towards the WikiLeaks organization. Feel free to ask me any questions before bidding.

edit on 2010-12-9 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added PS

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtfhuh
To put 256 BIT encryption into perspective, the combination is 2^[255] To brute force that would be impossible because it exceeds by a large factor all the the molecules in the ENTIRE universe.
T

I of course agree with what you have said i just wanted to point something out here.

The encryption is only as strong as the key used. So if some idiot used a 5 character password then it would be cracked in a day, depending on the caracter set. If someone were smart they would use a 20+ char password using number, letters, lower and upper case and throwing in symbols for a bit of fun. If they did that then it won't be crackable within their lifetime.

As modern cryptographers say, you don't brute force encryption, you bypass it. They aim to predict your password because it's all they can do.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
History books did not have anything about a wikileaks in it when I was in high school .
edit on 9-12-2010 by JordanTwind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvalidRequest2011
Whomever decides to try the password remember to use the ASCII characters for the B and the 2213.

Could you explain that?
That "B" doesn't seem to be an ASCII character, but some other B-like character, maybe Unicode?
Also, the 2213 seems to be superscript, maybe calling out that it's whatever Unicode character numbered 2213? There's only 256 (or less really) ASCII characters.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Looks like the B-like (or R-like) character is actually this ...
Eszett

... is a ligature in the German alphabet typically used to replace a double "s" in a word

So perhaps two "s" instead of that single B or R-looking character.

edit on 2010-12-9 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added quote.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Another possible substitution ...
.. use "sz" in place of that character.

ß is sometimes used in German writing to indicate a pronunciation of /s/ where /z/ would otherwise be usual

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join