It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous are attacking INTERPOL / Mastercard / post finance / pay pal / advbyra.se (CURRENT)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Front page of the Guardian

www.guardian.co.uk...

and BBC

www.bbc.co.uk...

Internet hacktivists are claiming to have brought down the Mastercard website as revenge for the firm withdrawing services to Wikileaks.

The Anonymous group of hackers have also brought down the website of the Swedish prosecutors office which is pursuing founder Julian Assange.

It has pledged to launch denial-of-service attacks on websites it sees as anti-Wikileaks.

Earlier it hit the Swiss bank that froze Mr Assange's assets.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is playing right into Liebermans' hands.
"HAckers are attacking business and government"!!!
"We must control the net!"

Where is this heading?
I don't think any of us will like the answer.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

No problems with Facebook, but Mastercard is still unresponsive.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hmmmm

WW3 turning out to be cyber-warfare??

Why am I enjoying this so much??

OK, answering my own question: I think it is because it looks like the "bad" guys are getting hit hard without the need for bloodshed.
edit on 12/8/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

give us the link I am curious to read entire txt.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by Xcathdra

Did George Washington break the law when he lead the revolutionary war?

Hmmm.

When you are trying to defend Assange I would probably stay away from an anaology that invoked the use of bloodshed to acheive a goal. In the instance I dont think Assange is going to win.

And my point was the US did not arrest Assange, Britain did. The US did not deny him bail, Britain did, and the US did not request extradition, Sweden did.

When Washington decided to fight for independance, did he attack the Portuguese?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

See my response a few posts up.

My point is what does Mastercard or Facebook have to do with assange being arrested, denied bail and extradited to Sweden? A business can decide who they choose to do business with, just as the Admins on this site can tell a person to take a leap and not come back if they disgree with whats posted.

Its a private business, just as Mastercard and Facebook. Attacking sites that decided they did not support Assange is funny. In reality it shows the maturity level of his supporters, and on the flip side it makes them no different than they people they accuse of railroading Assange.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

so why do they not ban the KKK , and only wiki leaks then?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This well written script has been beautifully played so far. The clamp down is on the horizon and all of you who think this B.S. is neato will be in for a real big surprise. We will all be sent back to the dark ages of technology and communication and carbon copies of credit card transactions.

These aimless and seemingly victimless attacks on faceless corporations are simply fanning the flames and pushing us to the next tipping point. Remember post 9/11?
edit on 8-12-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I love Anonymous!

Thanks for posting Mr Lizard

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

And if we are,maybe no network at all will stay up? Ever thought of that? Some of us are very knowledgable about the network and censorship will not be tolerated,if we cant talk and be free nobody will talk, and the network will not survive.

"Man will be what he was born to be, free and independant." JFK

The war has begun,the first shots have been fired and minutemen stand at the ready. Freedom loving people unite,now is the time,it has begun.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

AOL did not ban Wikileaks because they didn't like them, they did so because the government told them to. That is not insignificant. In fact it is scary and worthy of protest.

I just read this. Will put up the link if I can find it again.

Sorry it was PayPal.

But PayPal has since admitted that it stopped payments following a request from the US government.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 12/8/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just now checked there are about 850 - 900 users participating in the Operation Payback with about 2000 users helping by other means. New poster made by Anonymous.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
mastercard is working, paypal is working, interpol is working.......... These guys call themselves hackers?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I take that back these guys are good

MASTERCARD.COM IS DOWN

I REPEAT is down.!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Mastercard is still down and it seems it is also affecting their business.

This pleases me to no end and I'm...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

For give my ignorance. Does this mean that people use their mastercards?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
mastercard is working, paypal is working, interpol is working.......... These guys call themselves hackers?

Websites are not being hacked (at least not for now)...they are only being overloaded so they can't handle traffic. Unlike a virus or worm, which can cause severe damage to databases, a denial of service attack interrupts network service for some period. DDOS will also effect MasterCard financially as they will have to pay for extra bandwidth.

Read more about DDOS here:- en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy

Originally posted by thecinic

Websites are not being hacked (at least not for now)...they are only being overloaded so they can't handle traffic. Unlike a virus or worm, which can cause severe damage to databases, a denial of service attack interrupts network service for some period. DDOS will also effect MasterCard financially as they will have to pay for extra bandwidth.

Read more about DDOS here:- en.wikipedia.org...

Yah i know what it is we use to call it getting DOSED..... These new guys call it exactly what it is
edit on 8-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join