It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Supporters Aim Cyberattacks At PayPal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
reply to post by PuterMan

I have to say I disagree with you on this one.

Paypal needs to learn its' lesson - the small businesses you speak of can use an alternative service quite easily. Thereby denying Paypal the lifeblood of its' business.

The attack only refers to the blog anyway, not a system-wide breach of the Paypal payment system. That's the main target that the relevant people need to tackle... hint hint.

I hope Paypal falls down dead sometime soon.

Rev.

I agree with you on this one. Businesses cannot pick and choose who they service based on whether or not they disagree with them. Now, if PayPal had a court order to freeze funds, that would be a different story, but if they are doing it based strictly on their personal stance re: Wikileaks, then they deserve to be shut down. I say take down PayPal and take down ebay while you're at it, since they are one and the same. eBay bilks people at every turn; when you sell something, when you buy something, when pay and when you receive payment. I say take em down just on general principle.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So childish.

Wikileaks is becoming a big joke. Threats (if you... we will...), obvious marketing ploys to get money (server down, activate reston 5 and so, and so...) and now DDOS attacks.

Ohh by the way, we should have a twitter message or something soon to give money, since they froze Assange account. Of course, the guy with an international warrant was not bright enough to widthdraw the money before...

Looks like Wikileaks is run by a bunch of kids, in front of their computer, disconnected from real life.

So childish. A joke.

They are getting too much attention now, they act like attention w.....

edit on 6-12-2010 by Esger because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2010 by Esger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm all for this. Go Anonymous. Unless PayPal has been served with a court order to freeze the funds of Wikileaks, they have no business freezing said funds based on their "principles". They are running a business and there is no place for randomly freezing funds based on their social or political views.

Again, unless they have a court order to freeze the funds, then they will get what they deserve. Hell, take down eBay while your'e at it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Little do these idiots realize is that they are just feeding the beast. They are going to be the cause of the internet being shut down through their actions. And no I don't agree when big brother does it either, two wrongs don't make a right. But considering the mentality that we are dealing with it doesn't surprise me.

you shut the internet down, another one will be created

I really believe that this may happen in the future, an alternative internet or something like that ...actually you wouldnt even need to change the infrastructure

if everybody starts using an alternative DNS service that registers names of websites that are "censored" by the regular internet, it would be like an alternative internet

who knows the future, but it will be interesting

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Finally Paypal will feel our rage for cutting our funds...take that paypal and eat it.....as much as you can.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I have -0- respect for PayPal for doing this. I wonder what they received in return for doing this? I'm guessing dollars are involved.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

And i can post horror stories of any financial institution. Banks are even worse. I have had no problems, and had no clue that other's did.
I did have a problem with a clients payment, called paypal's customer service, was treated exceptionally well and problem was solved instantly.
Im not condoning what they did to Julian A, all Im saying is, this cyber bomb hurts innocent people. I feel the shrapnel from the bomb. Maybe that doesnt matter to you unless you see blood.

Paypal is hell to make payments....so much security that I could not pay. My account was frozen for 2 weeks. I had to ask a friend to make bank transfer to make the payment. I called them and were unable to help. Not the first time i cannot make a payment.
Innocent people? well...think outside your own little me here. If paypal is capable of doing what they are doing to Julian Assange...what else are they capable of doing? Financing wars and killing innocent people? Where do they invest your money? maybe in building weapons that will kill innocent people?
And imagine that one day, probably not that far off, they decide to terminate your account because someone in power does not like you or your ideas...
Sorry...but you gotta think outside your own little interest here and see the big picture. It is also about solidarity too even if it requires us all to feel the pain.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

1) How about using a small local credit union?

2) Yes, banks are shady, I believe it. But taxes are even shadier and you have to do all your own
bookkeeping unless you are off shore

3) So Yummy, you have been given some solid advice here and also warnings about you having
to pay MORE to Paypal than to a bank. If you refuse to acknowledge this good alternative advice
your business may lose money in the long run. Hope you find a better way.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMaster
WL can get another processor or bank to support them. If someone has an issue with a business than write a letter, complain, boycott or sue...

People have written letters, complained, boycotted, sued (and won), yet Paypal still continues its theft.

That site, and its parent company Ebay deserve to lose money by the truckload by whatever means necessary.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Then people will leave. My point is why should my customer's and business suffer because WL was kicked off for violating TOS at PP?

If my business was kicked off my host's server for breaching the TOS, would I want to get them back? No. I would go somewhere else to host my site. As I said it is my Choice, not anyone else's to make. I am not going to change processors because of a bunch of whiny people.

WL sounds like a bunch of children saying, if you do try to get me, I will tattle on you.

I had no issue with WL prior to them crying this week. WL put themselves into this position, not me.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMaster

Then people will leave. My point is why should my customer's and business suffer because WL was kicked off for violating TOS at PP?

If my business was kicked off my host's server for breaching the TOS, would I want to get them back? No. I would go somewhere else to host my site. As I said it is my Choice, not anyone else's to make. I am not going to change processors because of a bunch of whiny people.

WL sounds like a bunch of children saying, if you do try to get me, I will tattle on you.

I had no issue with WL prior to them crying this week. WL put themselves into this position, not me.

Me, me, me , me, me , me...
Enough with the little Me!!!

Look at the big picture Dude! not just your self-interest!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
THE BIGGEST NET WARFARE since the inception of the net.

The site that took paypal down is now under attack:

anonops.net...

Its down but ironically and hilariously what is still up is a link to the wikilinks website.

4chan, anon and wikileaks vs. the powers that be.... wow wish i could see the control rooms of the net providers. What if the whole net goes down. LOL
edit on 6-12-2010 by maluminse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
I'm all for this. Go Anonymous. Unless PayPal has been served with a court order to freeze the funds of Wikileaks, they have no business freezing said funds based on their "principles". They are running a business and there is no place for randomly freezing funds based on their social or political views.

Again, unless they have a court order to freeze the funds, then they will get what they deserve. Hell, take down eBay while your'e at it.

No kidding w t f - major attack on a company with no court process or legislative action.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The common citizen is reclaiming their power and their rights to disclosure cool

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Like putting crazy glue into the quarter slots of as many city parking meters as they can attack....before running out of crazy glue.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruedank
The common citizen is reclaiming their power and their rights to disclosure cool

Yep the common man vs the monoliths.

David v. Goliath.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Long live An0n!

You are our only hope in this silent war, a small display of what An0n can do imo. What i would love to see is Anonymous hack the pentagon, Crooks on wall street, Big Banking Elite scum and air out the dirty laundry for all to see... one can only dream. But the PTB are doing things out in the open any more and not bothering hiding what they do at this point either. What Anonymous is good at is targeting individuals, they should expose a list of the puppet masters at the top "the ones behind the curtain". This would be very difficult but the way they are doing things now it probably would not be that hard. And if it would be possible to ruin the Elite financially that would be great.. Maybe just wishful thinking, of course im now labeled a terrorist for stating my opinion if not all ready on the list for a ride to a near by FEMA camp.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMaster

Paypal has also put itself in a bad situation due to its poor business practices.

Wikileaks didnt do it to them.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
:Tango down:

The bank....

www.neontommy.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
# paypal. They deserve any attack they get.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join