It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Supporters Aim Cyberattacks At PayPal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Im saying my business is set up with paypal, and that is how I make my living. So, while you guys are laughing and rubbing your hands..im wondering how the hell Im going to pay my electric bill.

Do you pay it with Paypal?

If you are serious about your business and you consider yourself a professional then you should seek other payment methods.

Cheque, direct debit, credit card facilities, money transfers etc etc etc. I don't know where you live but there ARE options.

Paypal costs are as high if not higher than most other methods so at the end of the day you must pay for the convenience, learn that you made a choice and accept the consequences of your preferred choice. One of those consequenses is that other people may not approve of your choice and they have a right to complain and comment about it. Like I said before, you are feeding the beast.

Good luck with the graphics.
edit on 6/12/2010 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Are you going to come redo all my books and websites, and send out 250,00 emails to everyone for me? This is not just a click of a button, this effects my entire business. The point is, this hurts other people, not just Paypal. And believe me, they already got around it. It wont stop them, but it hurts other people.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

maybe you should send pp a msg stating your disproval...
kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Im saying my business is set up with paypal, and that is how I make my living. So, while you guys are laughing and rubbing your hands..im wondering how the hell Im going to pay my electric bill.

If you are serious about your business and you consider yourself a professional then you should seek other payment methods.

Cheque, direct debit, credit card facilities, money transfers etc etc etc. I don't know where you live but there ARE options.

Paypal costs are as high if not higher than most other methods so at the end of the day you must pay for the convenience, learn that you made a choice and accept the consequences of your preferred choice. One of those consequenses is that other people may not approve of your choice and they have a right to complain and comment about it. Like I said before, you are feeding the beast.

Paypal is used by every professional I know, including Ebay. It is a very secure means of being paid, and paying. Much more secure than putting your money in an american bank. And I do have a paypal card. I never said I was a huge business..Im a single mom..and I do make my living getting paid through paypal. I would never accept checks.

Yes, I do pay all my bills with paypal card.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If the government and corporations can attack, seize, and censor websites, please give me one good reason why we should not do the same? I'll help you: There is no good reason.

Good for Anonymous. I say take down the whole damn website. Take down every corporate website while you're at it. Please. I beg you.

If you people won't support an armed revolution, then a cyber revolution is the answer. Please look up the sociological definition for 'revolution'. Drastic measures must be taken if you want things to change. These people will not back down from fulfilling their wet dreams of tyrannical oppression unless we fight it.

The more we submit to their fabricated authority and resort to this hippie pacifist ideology of non-violent revolution, the deeper we dig the hole we will be buried in. You have to adapt to your enemies strategics and tactics if you hope to win the fight. If their strategies and tactics are aggression and violence, then that is how we need to respond.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

State my disapproval of what?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Thats just it, Wikileaks hasnt broken any laws. There is no law, on any statute book, which prevents a person from releasing intelligence documents from a foriegn nation. There is for instance, nothing stopping me producing and distributing files on the current Russian intelligence network, assuming I had access to them. Well , nothing aside from the threat of having my rear end shot off,being poisoned with pollenium isotopes , or injected with lethal doses of drugs in my sleep.
There are no legal reasons for me to avoid publishing ANY foreign intelligence information at my disposal. The only difference is , that Wikileaks has MASSES of information to give away. Since they are not based in the US , or in any nation whos intelligence they have published, they are not in violation of any law which pertains to their conduct as a company, and therefore Pay Pal have no business shutting thier involvement with Wikileaks down. In doing so , they are making a political statement, rather than actualy protecting thier interests or for that matter following thier TOS. Thier TOS does not cover what Wikileaks does, because Wikileaks does not break the law. Thats not up for debate, thier methods are not a matter of law.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Paypal is used by every professional I know, including Ebay. It is a very secure means of being paid, and paying. Much more secure than putting your money in an american bank. And I do have a paypal card. I never said I was a huge business..Im a single mom..and I do make my living getting paid through paypal. I would never accept checks.

I don't use paypal.... I accept checks... large checks, like on the order of 40k a piece...

I'd never use a site like paypal that can freeze your funds as it has done in the past, and has done now...

I really have no sympathy for paypal users because the writing has been on the wall for a long time.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by The Revenant

I have to say I disagree with you on this one.

I understand what you are saying. My concern is just that small businesses are going to be hit by outages on PayPal and that will only serve to disenfranchise these people from the cause of trying to get openness in Government.

Those small businesses are the lifeblood of paypal...they can assert their disapproval of the anti-wikileaks measures as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The title of your thread is misleading. This is not about defending WL. This is about internet freedom.. Many of these peeps are fighting not for WL but for the internet...

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well I suppose if i had a 40,000 check, I wouldnt care where I did my business..Im a small business..now I feel somehow REALLY small..lol..
Ive never had any problems with PP. and I dont really care what happens to them..as long as I have some kind of alternative, and NOT a bank.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I will consider this as well, although I am really on the fence about all the WL stuff.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You know, that's one sided of you, I got screwed by paypal for over 1400$ as soon as I opened a store on ebay. I was accused of selling fake items, when I called up and tried to tell their customer service that "gucci" or "moncler" clothing brand have inside tags which has the authenticity number , which will allow you to verify whether the item is real or fake, they refused to accept this choice, I mean that's shows that PAYPAL, only tries to find a problem and freeze your paypal account, so they can keep your money for 180 days! so they can collect interest rate, it is so obvious,

I hope and pray that this company goes down, that someone destroys them, you see what I am saying?

You are SELFISH, because there is a possibility of changing to other payment options, yes it will take time , but don't feed the beast.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by jaynkeel

Thats just it, Wikileaks hasnt broken any laws. There is no law, on any statute book, which prevents a person from releasing intelligence documents from a foriegn nation. There is for instance, nothing stopping me producing and distributing files on the current Russian intelligence network, assuming I had access to them. Well , nothing aside from the threat of having my rear end shot off,being poisoned with pollenium isotopes , or injected with lethal doses of drugs in my sleep.
There are no legal reasons for me to avoid publishing ANY foreign intelligence information at my disposal. The only difference is , that Wikileaks has MASSES of information to give away. Since they are not based in the US , or in any nation whos intelligence they have published, they are not in violation of any law which pertains to their conduct as a company, and therefore Pay Pal have no business shutting thier involvement with Wikileaks down. In doing so , they are making a political statement, rather than actualy protecting thier interests or for that matter following thier TOS. Thier TOS does not cover what Wikileaks does, because Wikileaks does not break the law. Thats not up for debate, thier methods are not a matter of law.

Well if paypal doesn't feel comfortable dealing with them anymore and if they deem it to be illegal and in violation of their tos then thats paypals choice. As just like anyone else if you use paypal by using it you agree to THEIR terms of service, yes I capitalized that for a reason it's their company they can do as they see fit. Now if the government is telling them and forcing them to pull the plug on wiki then sure I admit that is a problem.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vendetta1986

How am I selfish? I dont know you from Adam, and I had no clue what happened to you, unless you think I am physic and I am supposed to just know these things?

I look out for numero uno and my son, damn right. I work to pay my bills, and I work hard. And paypal has been there for 7 years with me, and I havent had one problem with them. As far as I am concerned, there are no other payment sites that are trustworthy. And I sure as hell dont trust american banks. So, just because something bad happened to you, that makes ME selfish? The irony.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is a war, a war on freedom of the Internet. We can't win it without fighting back. While I have little respect for Anonymous as they have in the past seemed like a bunch of little kids playing pranks... They are, at the very least, in this case, useful idiots.

That being said, the key in winning this war against retarded and corrupt politicians isn't destroying the enemy (Which isn't just government, but anyone who want to infringe the freedoms of the Internet), but keeping the hearts and minds of the Average Joe.

A DDOS attack isn't as effective as placing a polite message on PayPal's front page, explaining why Anonymous did what they did. Cut off PayPal's operations, and explain why. Don't just cut it off, or you'll just piss people off and we'll lose their support. And if we do, we'll lose the war.
edit on 6-12-2010 by David_Reale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Paypal is more secure than banks?

Are you serious with this crap?

Paypal doesnt have to abide by a single financial industry law. Nothing. They can close up shop tomorrow, keep your money and give you a giant middle finger.

Yea, that sounds much more secure than an actual bank.

Why not sign up with Authorize.net and set up your own payment website?

The fees would be lower, and you would end up with more money in your pocket.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Paypal is used by every professional I know, including Ebay.

And they accept OTHER methods don't they?

It is a very secure means of being paid, and paying.

Not true...my brother runs a "top seller" business on eBay and he has had MANY fraudulent payments. Paypal don't care as long as they get their cut and help is never their priority.

Much more secure than putting your money in an american bank.

Not as cheap though. Paypal costs are rediculous.

I never said I was a huge business.

Nor did I.

I would never accept checks.

Then you are limiting your client base aren't you? Not everyone uses paypal.

Yes, I do pay all my bills with paypal card.

Then I hate to say it, but you are part of the problem. And bear in mind that every job you do that is paid for with paypal is putting money in their pocket with commission and taking that bit of profit away from you.

You may work as a Graphic Artist, but you are also working for paypal.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well I suppose if i had a 40,000 check, I wouldnt care where I did my business..Im a small business..now I feel somehow REALLY small..lol..
Ive never had any problems with PP. and I dont really care what happens to them..as long as I have some kind of alternative, and NOT a bank.

Try Google Checkout...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Are you going to come redo all my books and websites, and send out 250,00 emails to everyone for me?

How many clients do you have?

25k or 250k?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join