It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Supporters Aim Cyberattacks At PayPal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Paypal is more secure than banks?

Are you serious with this crap?

Paypal doesnt have to abide by a single financial industry law. Nothing. They can close up shop tomorrow, keep your money and give you a giant middle finger.

Yea, that sounds much more secure than an actual bank.

Why not sign up with Authorize.net and set up your own payment website?

The fees would be lower, and you would end up with more money in your pocket.

The government has access to your bank accounts. They already tried with me, that's why I closed it. Besides, we all know that they take your money and make interest on it, as well as you say with paypal. No, I dont trust the banking system. Paypal can close up shop, yes.
I dont pay high fees with paypal. And my customers use it, so it stands the more reason for me to use it. One of the big companies that I work through, also uses it, so basically Im required to.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Lady, I am trying to open up your mind about paypal, no need to get offended. PayPal has the highest fees, you are being ripped off, the small local banks, are actually quite safe and you can always choose to have a debit card, no need to have a credit card. Anyways, PayPal have kept donations of some known organizations that help the poor , for what? for their own benefit, I have no respect for crooks.

edit on 6-12-2010 by Vendetta1986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Yummy,

I think what people are trying to say is, switch your payment service provider, because it's not only good for your business, but also good for your market profile.

As others have suggested, using a standard payment system would 'normalise' your business, and lower your costs. I think it would be a smart move - I do actually provide advice on business practice in my real life job.

In the short term, it might be annoying, but in the long term you'd be better off.

The fact that Paypal is also a twisted, undead vampire of an organisation also lends weight to these ideas.

Rev.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vendetta1986

Im not offended. Im just irked that someone has tried to close down a site that I get my money from. I dont pay high fees, so it doesnt bother me.
I will never put my money in a bank again. Its a very long story, and Ive been burned by banks. As im sure im not the only one this has happened to, and I dont want some bureaucratic asshat poking their nose in my money business.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

I would be more than willing to do this..however, its a very long story that I dont really want to go into on here, but one of the BIG businesses that I work through, uses paypal, and its the only way I can get paid. I cannot tell them to switch their payment methods. They can send a check which takes about a month, and that is absolutely out of the question. They do not direct deposit checks.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Then I hate to say it, but you are part of the problem. And bear in mind that every job you do that is paid for with paypal is putting money in their pocket with commission and taking that bit of profit away from you. You may work as a Graphic Artist, but you are also working for paypal.

Has it ever occurred to you that she is intelligent and perhaps already knows the fees incurred by paypal and includes those in the final price of her business? Your really grabbing at straws here and trying to tell someone else how to run their business when if something that simple hasn't occurred to you I sure wouldn't want to take financial advise from you if it were me.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by The Revenant

I would be more than willing to do this..however, its a very long story that I dont really want to go into on here, but one of the BIG businesses that I work through, uses paypal, and its the only way I can get paid. I cannot tell them to switch their payment methods. They can send a check which takes about a month, and that is absolutely out of the question. They do not direct deposit checks.

Lol what kind of shady ass companies do you deal with?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by nerbot

Then I hate to say it, but you are part of the problem. And bear in mind that every job you do that is paid for with paypal is putting money in their pocket with commission and taking that bit of profit away from you. You may work as a Graphic Artist, but you are also working for paypal.

Has it ever occurred to you that she is intelligent and perhaps already knows the fees incurred by paypal and includes those in the final price of her business? Your really grabbing at straws here and trying to tell someone else how to run their business when if something that simple hasn't occurred to you I sure wouldn't want to take financial advise from you if it were me.

Finally, someone with a realistic outlook! Thank you, and you are spot on

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Really, your attitude is less than desirable.

I make a living, I dont owe you any explanations.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Translation:

You deal with the shadiest of shady companies.

Gotcha.
edit on 6-12-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Your very much welcome, this is what scares me the most with all the Wikinutz out there, their intentions I am sure are good but what they are trying to do and doing is not helping the cause. I completely understand their anger and frustrations but a lot of what I have seen posted on here in the past few days is nothing more than knee jerk reactions to which I myself have been guilty of as well. There has been a lot of catch 22 and hypocrisy floating around, it seems when the government does it or when businesses do it it's bad, but when the Wikinutz do it it is perfectly legal and morally right.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Wow, you sound like an angry bitter woman.

Do your foodstamps come via paypal too?

Prime example of having to hit below the belt. Are you really that desperate to win your case here? Thats just ignorant and rude.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

If I sound angry, it's not something that Im too happy with. Bitter, no.
And that last remark I will ignore, I think it's time for your nap.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Wow, you sound like an angry bitter woman.

Do your foodstamps come via paypal too?

Prime example of having to hit below the belt. Are you really that desperate to win your case here? Thats just ignorant and rude.

Yes, that was ignorant and rude. So smooth, I must say Im sure he's a hit with the ladies

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I would love to see an example of your work.

Happen to have some? I'm interested in a logo.

256x104 color scheme would be a blue and yellow that looks good on a background of #09111C

What kind of prices am I looking at?

portfolio for examples?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Your very much welcome, this is what scares me the most with all the Wikinutz out there, their intentions I am sure are good but what they are trying to do and doing is not helping the cause. I completely understand their anger and frustrations but a lot of what I have seen posted on here in the past few days is nothing more than knee jerk reactions to which I myself have been guilty of as well. There has been a lot of catch 22 and hypocrisy floating around, it seems when the government does it or when businesses do it it's bad, but when the Wikinutz do it it is perfectly legal and morally right.

Totally in agreement. And I know that you are right, lots of emotions flying around lately. And this one hits home, so guilty, as well

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think it's a big early to resort to all out cyberwar.

It is interesting though, how many might be ready to over #wikileaks.
Civil disobedience and passive resistance should ALWAYS be used before any criminal activity.

Instead of attacking paypal's bandwidth, maybe write them a letter and let them know how ticked you are.
They wouldn't listen, so what would need to happen is get some personal email addresses and mailing addresses of their bigwigs.

Talking far and wide about any negative experiences you might have had with them, honest experiences, is another way to hurt them without resorting to criminal attacks. I think about everyone's that dealt with PayPal for any length of time has had a bad experience, no?

Their verification caused me to get scammed once. Scammers can use the post office's willingness to get mail to the right place no matter if the address is messed up to totally bork their safety system.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Yes, that was ignorant and rude. So smooth, I must say Im sure he's a hit with the ladies

Coming from a single woman, you probably shouldnt be too quick to imply someone couldnt be attractive to the opposite gender.

My wife thinks I'm pretty neat

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If you are interested you can email me, but I dont think discussing that is pertinent to this topic. Or are you just being cynical again.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Kind of hard to email you since you didnt give out an email address.

Could you post a link to your portfolio?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join