It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Doesn't this prove were a worldwide Empire?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Guilp
reply to post by HunkaHunka

i am surely not convinced!
and if something like that is present, than it could have waited a few months more!

in my opinion, yeah? get that?,
i was holding back, its plain retarded at this time.

A few months more? For what reason?

Why is a few months out better than tomorrow? or whenever this leak is planned for?

Yes. a few more months...just like the banking cables. Surely the banking cables are of interest to more people than a list of potential targets. If WL is truly interested in rooting out corruption, they would release the most damning evidence first or at least a good deal of it.

I'm not sure why you assume their goal is rooting out corruption... I think it's simply releasing data in. A way that gets it attention...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Guilp

What I want to know is why was section 15 even added to this message? This should have been simply a request...

If anything, this shows the lack of thought in our intelligence services

No one has answered this yet...

Why were we so stupid as to list these in a document which is basically a request for updated data?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Nobody as of yet has suggested that maybe this is disinfo to push legislation against Internet freedom of speech and expression. That this is possibly planted by those govts. that are threatened by the info still to come, nobody has yet suggested.
I am also very distressed by the sheer repetition of "terrorist" in the posts of late. Starting to sound like the RNC here with the alliteration of "terrorists" in every second post.
Obviously most are buying the MSM's story that Bin Laden and the Taliban are around every corner waiting to kill anyone in the name of Islam.

The only terrorists we have proof of are the TPTB. Thay prove this every day with thier agendas and reactions to world problems.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
In the time it would take a terrorist to plan how to get in to one of these places to blow it up they could just walk in to the middle of a busy city and blow themselves up.

Nobody as of yet has suggested that maybe this is disinfo to push legislation against Internet freedom of speech and expression.

Why use wikileaks to push for this? If they wanted to do this it would of been done already imo.
edit on 6-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Thanks for a good insight on things... I being an old school hack and wishing that more of the old and new school would join up and unite to bring the truth to the world and actually fully utilize this incredible resource we call the world wide web or internet for this purpose and to get people thinking again.
People must realize that Govt put people in harms way but it is the people that have allowed govt to grow and become an almost uncontrollable monstrosity of Terror on the world!!! Now the Truth and everything associated must be revealed and Real Justice Administered and I'm not talking about these BS laws that are written and govern the world today...I'm talking REAL JUSTICE.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
this is laughable because people will be outraged at this "classified" info being released. i'm relatively certain anyone wishing to commit a terrorist act could google the locations of any of these places. if people think terrorists have not already considered these targets years if not decades ago then we are living in a truly delusional world.

As proven by those who still swallow everything the MSM spews out. The one thing TPTB can count on is triggering a fear response....they do it again and again because it works again and again, because sheeple people swallow it again and again. Create fear and they all fall back into line, in an instant.

edit on 6-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
In the time it would take a terrorist to plan how to get in to one of these places to blow it up they could just walk in to the middle of a busy city and blow themselves up.

Nobody as of yet has suggested that maybe this is disinfo to push legislation against Internet freedom of speech and expression.

Why use wikileaks to push for this? If they wanted to do this it would of been done already imo.
edit on 6-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

They will do it anyway, and will lie as required, to get what they want - just as they always do.
One false flag would do the trick nicely.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Guilp

What I want to know is why was section 15 even added to this message? This should have been simply a request...

If anything, this shows the lack of thought in our intelligence services

No one has answered this yet...

Why were we so stupid as to list these in a document which is basically a request for updated data?

And in a document which was accessible to 3'000'000 low grade (and therefore low paid) employees.

second

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

I was reading about this this morning and have watched the BBC reports, and a couple of things struck me.

Firstly, there appears an insistence from all Wikileaks critics (government, statesmen, MSM) that THE negative impact of this particular leak is squarely focused on a suspected terrorist response. Not a word of any other ramifications, of which I suspect the governments will also be considering. For instance, why do I not hear anywhere the words 'enemies', 'hostile countries', 'future adversaries'? Why just terrorists? I am surely not alone in digesting other contemporary defence issues such as potential future conflicts with states such as N.Korea, Iran (who we learned earlier may also be developing advanced EMP/nuclear capabilities...) or China...? Would they not also be interested in the info? Just yesterday MI5 detained a woman charged with spying for Russia - for instance. Apparently that's a different kettle of fish - just worry about the terrorists getting their mits on this particular info!

Terrorists - would those include the ones that previous Wikileaks 'leaks' were suggesting wealthy and influential Saudi 'allies' were known to be financing and harbouring? No, no - remember we're only talking about the terrorists we have carefully defined in line with our foreign and strategic policy needs....?

Secondly - why would Wikileaks possibly think there is a 'public interest' angle on releasing these docs. Context? Is it that it is directly linked to the previous releases, and therefore likely to link with the subsequent ones also? That may explain why it appears a little awkward - for now, I wonder what's around the corner. I think perhaps that what Wkileaks intend is for us to review ALL of these leaks (once the supporting newspapers have had their way and drip-fed us with headlines to maximise their take from it).

I suspect what Wikileaks will leave us with here is a broader picture, of evidence supporting what many ATS posts have hinted at in the past, suspicions that the public - both domestic and of allies - are being fed a string of lies by both the USA and their allies, about why certain things have been done, protected, or prioritised by our 'democratically' elected elite...

Perhaps that is why we're hearing so much about the 'terrorist' threat, when what I suspect TPTB also (as I by no means write off how these leaks potentially weaken our strategic defences) fear is the damage all of this 'knowledge' may do to their relationship and loyalties of the electorate, and public servants...?

For instance, if this discloses Basra oil field as a 'vital' USA asset, and on top of the other revelations about the WMD fiasco etc...who in the future would believe or motivate themselves to follow any further propganda about 'spreading democracy' or 'humantitarian goals' when the diplomatic notes suggest a far more ruthless and less flowery agenda of obtaining and defending key strategic supplies etc...?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilandrah
from an article in The Australian

But WikiLeaks said that the document, approved by Hillary Clinton, provided further evidence that the US Administration was hoarding sensitive information on countries without their knowledge.
The Secretary of State faced embarrassment after earlier cables revealed that US diplomats were asked to collect information on high-ranking UN diplomats and other individuals.

Kristinn Hrafnsson, a spokesman for the website, said: "This further undermines claims made by the US Government that its embassy officials do not play an intelligence-gathering role. "In terms of security issues, while this cable details the strategic importance of assets across the world, it does not give any information as to their exact locations, security measures, vulnerabilities or any similar factors, though it does reveal the US asked its diplomats to report back on these matters."

I am not understanding the vital importance of a anti-venom facility in Australia. How could that possibly be vital to US interests?

Australia was into the production of biological weapons from way back in the 1950s, perhaps even earlier, to fight the "yellow hordes" and attack their food crops.

The natural place to look for such research would be the MacFarlane Institute, but it could be they were/are smarter then that and hid it away where the equipment would be available and the reserach would look utterly benevolent.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
you can bet your dollar that whatever comes of these wikileaks, will somehow be used by or for "terrorists",then subsequently used to pass laws preventing whatever happened from ever happening again. we have not yet been "taught" that leaking sensitive material is a matter of national security. When we learn our lesson, we wont do it anymore.. kind of reminds me of the mafia back in the day "suggesting" that you do something "for your health".

" hey, remember that thing called the internet? what ever happened to that?"

"it spawned terrorists, now were safe"

"oh thats right"

*continues watching mindless drivel*

one things for sure. when this is all said and done, people will be scared to "blow the whistle", and our normal means of "evidence" will be rendered useless, and probably illegal.

once that happens, they will pretty much have this show wrapped up.

Uh Be-uh-b-b-b-be-uhb-e-uh THATS ALL FOLKS!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Please be aware that there is a huge PSYOPS going on right now, and TPTB are experts at this.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that goes without saying, but PLEASE be aware there is a WAR going on right now, against transparency and against freedom of speech.

TPTB have EVERYTHING to lose if information keeps getting leaked. They will use everything they have to try and stop it.

For example, many people question why the MSM is giving it so much attention. It is possible that they allowed the MSM to co-operate at first, to later use them to viciously discredit Assange and WL. It is also a possibility.

Please bear in mind this info was NOT highly classified, because 3'000'000 low grade employees had access to it. This is NEVER the case with highly sensitive information.

TPTB fear transparency more than anything, and have unleashed the dogs of psyops on people. Please bear that in mind.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

FEAR and DEFEATISM = OBEDIENCE TO TPTB.

I am frankly astonished at how much fear I am seeing expressed in these threads on Wikileaks. Fear is the greatest tool for TPTB to use... Fear is what stops people thinking clearly, taking action and standing up to these people.

So, let's FEAR the internet is going to get stopped....so let's not do or say anything on the Internet which would upset the Criminals.

Let's FEAR that whistleblowers will be discouraged...

Let's FEAR that they have won, so we won't even try to fight back.

Let's FEAR the truth because it upsets the criminal status quo.

Let's BELIEVE all the psyops the MSM is spewing out right now.

Let's SPREAD FEAR to keep the Criminals safe.

Let's ATTACK those who are fearless,

Let's BE GOOD, OBEDIENT, FRIGHTENED SHEEPLE.

Only if you consent to them having that power. Or you could think for yourself and decide for yourself what is criminal.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rougeskut
Nobody as of yet has suggested that maybe this is disinfo to push legislation against Internet freedom of speech and expression. That this is possibly planted by those govts. that are threatened by the info still to come, nobody has yet suggested.
I am also very distressed by the sheer repetition of "terrorist" in the posts of late. Starting to sound like the RNC here with the alliteration of "terrorists" in every second post.
Obviously most are buying the MSM's story that Bin Laden and the Taliban are around every corner waiting to kill anyone in the name of Islam.

The only terrorists we have proof of are the TPTB. Thay prove this every day with thier agendas and reactions to world problems.

actually, DROVES of people have been suggesting this since wikileaks's INCEPTION.

a simple search, would have shed light on this fact. i think its just to the point where people are tired of repeating themselves over and over and over again.

kudos to using your cranium though....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

the problem with all of that is the "criminals" get to decide what is considered "crime".

they get to do this because welll....you let them!
edit on 6-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: BANGARANG RUFIOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
UPDATE: LINK TO THE CABLE: Viewing cable 09STATE15113, REQUEST FOR INFORMATION:CRITICAL FOREIGN DEPENDENCIES (CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND KEY RESOURCES LOCATED ABROAD)

I hate to post it for reasons I described, but since a good ATS post needs sources, it is what it is.

This list includes mines, gas lines, plants needed for missiles construction, undersea cables, hydroelectric plants, and other areas of interest. The worst part is that it even names specific companies. All it takes is a crazy guy/terrorist with access to explosives and Google Maps to start making a mess of things.

---

Seriously, WikiLeaks?

Obvious targets or not, this one's just stupid. I've been weary of Assange for a while now, but this one really shows does it for me. There's nothing to be gained by releasing this cable. This isn't a revelation of some evil committed by the government. The only only people who will benefit from this release are people that genuinely want to attack the US.

And please, if you're going to mindlessly defend this release, stop and think before you post. What good can come from the world knowing these locations, attacks on which could actually disrupt the lives of innocent citizens?

I'm starting to think that Assange is pretty arrogant. This release shows more than any other that he cares more about his little crusade that the effects it may be having on innocent people.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-12-2010 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)

3'000'000 low grade employees had access to this information, therefore it was NOT sensitive or dangerous. If terrorists can pull off 9/11, as they allege, they sure as damnit would have known about these locations, any intel would have picked it up like cherries from a tree.

Please give me your reasons for believing that these locations are not already known by all and sundry, and please give me your reasons for thinking that wider public knowledge of their locations can put lives at risk...
Please give me reasons other than the fact that the Zionist controlled MSM told you so.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Wiki needs to stay on the path to give we the people info we want/need to know, not 100% info that informs us of nothing but does truly put US in danger.

Now if the "MAN" is mixing in some of these releases to cloud what info is what, just think, release this info on locations of import, have 1 or more incur a mishap or attack, and you now have legit reasons to shut down wiki and have these guys taken care of....

Either way we are only guessing at this point...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

you dont need wikileaks to tell you what you deserve to already know.

there shouldnt even have to be a 3rd party outlet to info like this, it should be readily available directly from the source.

that source should be set up in a manner in which they do not have the ability to be "untruthful".

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769
Wiki needs to stay on the path to give we the people info we want/need to know, not 100% info that informs us of nothing but does truly put US in danger.

And, tell me, WHAT would you personally do with that information if you got it? I can tell you, most likely NOTHING AT ALL.

Why should people risk their lives to give YOU the dirt you want? What difference would YOU make to the world if you had it? I'm guessing NONE.

Wikileaks is trying to break the wall of secrecy which JFK refers to.... To me that is more important than you getting the dirt you want.

Now if the "MAN" is mixing in some of these releases to cloud what info is what, just think, release this info on locations of import, have 1 or more incur a mishap or attack, and you now have legit reasons to shut down wiki and have these guys taken care of....

What if he isn't????

Either way we are only guessing at this point...

BUT, in the meantime, there is information which has been released which YOU could be using to challenge your Government - have YOU started to use that information to challenge the criminal government?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join