It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian firefighters come to Israel's aid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Knowing Hamas, I wouldn't be surprised if they filled up their trucks with petrol to spray at the fire. Israel still needs to keep the Islamic Menace at bay.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Very respectable on the palestinians side......

Some people know that solving violence with violence never works.

When you help your enemy when no one else will it changes minds, souls, and oppinions.

Hats off to the firefighters.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wonder if the situation were reversed, if this would find it way into the western media....

Also, the vast majority of orthodox Jewry supports Israel - as a state with a right to exist.

Most do not support the government, and many would have liked to a sort of referendum. But, they support the state.

Those 5 -7 % of orthodox Jews who go out protesting against Israel, holding up palestinian flags are simply dumb, and being misled.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Those 5 -7 % of orthodox Jews who go out protesting against Israel, holding up palestinian flags are simply dumb, and being misled.

No they are not dumb, they are the real jews.

Zionists are satanists, not jews.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
And in return for the good deed next week israel will relocate another palistinian settlement and shoot more unarmed innocent people.. Kudos to the palestinians doing a good deed .. But sadly think it will be forgotten by the israelis in short order..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This was a good move by the Palestinians, and it shows that in times of crisis, our petty differences are chucked to the wayside. Hopefully, positive change occurs in Israeli and Palestinian relations. Moreover, an viable Palestinian state can co-exist in peace and harmony with Israel. Still, we have to crawl before we walk. This is a step in the right direction.

With all the negative coming out of the region with stalled settlement talks, Israeli incursions into Gaza and the West Bank, virulent rhetoric from all sides, and other signs of commotion, a good story as minimalistic as it may seem; is a breath of fresh air. Now, let see if the leaders on both sides can see common ground when dealing with each other going forward, and both sides can agree on something equitable that will benefit their people? If Israeli and Palestinian emergency services can work together to solve a problem, what is to stop the suits from doing the same? Great find, OP!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
However the vile stream of hatred perpetrated by both sides leaderships acted as a venom that poisoned any freindships, and made us blind and mad. The former things were forgotten and replaced by fury.

Very true, it's individuals not an entire state at fault

I have to admit to being consumed by its effects, and it took me to leave, and being no longer fed by that stream to see how duped we have all been.

You and me both!
Fortunately more and more, unfortunately not enought!

I will also admit to reverting to type sometimes on these boards when goaded by imberciles, usually when I have had some beer lol, and for that I appologise.

Happens to the best of us!
Haha, it's not your fault, you're in the UK
You guys have regular access to Cobra Beer!!!!!!

No offense man but i'm pretty sure I could out-drink you.
I'm just saying

A reminder of how we used to be... And should be again if we dam that stream by getting rid of our puppet masters.

We are both tragic victims of these monsters.

Its time for them to go.

Very true, and at the end it's our children and grandchildren that will enjoy the benefits
If we don't, it's them who will be cursed with our mistakes!

............... I could still out drink you though!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by allthegoodusernamestaken
Knowing Hamas, I wouldn't be surprised if they filled up their trucks with petrol to spray at the fire. Israel still needs to keep the Islamic Menace at bay.

Possible there is a difference, as the assistance was offered by the president and not the scum leader of Hamas.
He is busy these days. Just think of all the death threats. Let the heads roll

edit on 5-12-2010 by flymetothemoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
at least the Palestinians are putting in effort, what are the israelis doing?

Surely their are plenty of Israeli initiatives that stimulate mutual co-operation. It's their government (and a large backing) that is totally sick. The EU has donated hundreds of milliosn for various purposes, among them the construction of Gaza Airport, which was partly subsidized by the EU. The IAF simply bombed the crap out of it and not just once, but twice.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Surely their are plenty of Israeli initiatives that stimulate mutual co-operation.

Absolutely!
In fact Jewish people are one of the most benelovent people on this planet!

Some of the nicest people on earth I know are jewish people
Yes I know you said Israeli, but many of the people I speak about moved to Israel

Two specific people in fact, both wear Kippahs, and they are the nicest people that I have ever met Bar None!
They were from NY, but the environment wasn't for them so they moved to Israel

Two of the nicest people i've ever met though
Bar None!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well i appreciate the deed. however, it was done for this sort of attention, and not out of a true sense of altruism. The gullible will gush over it. The more attentive, and aware, will keep in mind these are the same people who shoot rockets into Israeli towns. And applaud and cheer when they hear of the death of Israeli citizens (or Jews in general).

Heres an interesting anecdote about Palestinians

On November 28, 1971, four [palestinian] Black September gunmen assassinated al-Tal [Jordanian Prime minister] in the lobby of the Sheraton Cairo Hotel in Egypt while he was attending an Arab League summit in the city.[1][2] As al-Tal lay dying, "one of the assassins knelt and lapped with his tongue the blood flowing across the marble floor."[3] Tal's reported last words were, "They've killed me. Murderers, they believe only in fire and destruction."[4] Tal was the first victim of the newly formed Black September Organization, a more militant offshoot of the Palestinian militant organization Fatah. Ultimately, his assassins were released on low bail and allowed to leave Egypt. Yasser Arafat, Fatah's leader, claimed responsibility for the killing.[1]

So, Hamas, Fatah...These men are PYSCHOPATHS. Licked, the BLOOD??? Off the the marble floor? That is sick and satanic. What kind of normal human being does that? you cannot find a single case, of a Jew whos done that. There are plenty of libels, and rumors made about them. But not one of them are true. This, conversely, was done in public, right after he gunned down the jordanian primeminister. He knelt down like a demented rabid dog, and licked the blood of the person he killed. THIS MAN is the product of the palestinian culture.

Please. Anyone who cares to understand just a modicum of Palestinian culture, go to Palestinianmediawatch.org..

It is simply remarkable that these people are given any support, given the crap they feed their citizens. Its Naziesque propaganda, or perhaps even worse.

Just look around the site. See for yourself. Heres a new piece from the arab world. Which im sure is seen in all Arab countries

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Well i appreciate the deed. however, it was done for this sort of attention, and not out of a true sense of altruism. The gullible will gush over it.

Cynicism based on generalizations is nothing new
Just believe in people, not groups of people

You are being cynical and generalizing
This is a fallacious syllogism

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

..... I could still out drink you though!
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Care to test that theory?

I am what is called in the Black Country UK a "Banks's baby" which means that my old man was loaded with banks's beer when he impregnated mom with me.... I still have the mental scars of my dad giving me the blow by blow description of that event when I was 8!.. Not to mention that as a soldier I have already drank my lifetimes allocation of beer several times over, alongside American troops in Norway once who were given cards warning them not to:

Take british soldiers girlfriends
Fight us
Outdrink us

Because and i quote:

"You will lose"

Happy Chrismachah!

edit on 5-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Well i appreciate the deed. however, it was done for this sort of attention, and not out of a true sense of altruism. The gullible will gush over it.

Cynicism based on generalizations is nothing new
Just believe in people, not groups of people

You are being cynical and generalizing
This is a fallacious syllogism

And youre naive, like all liberals.

You dont know how these people think. Unfortunately, i would love to believe in good decent people. however, arabs, on the whole, are not good decent people. Westerners like you and me who have grown up in the west, are good and decent. But they have an entirely different set of values. Its a Fact. It simply is what it is and you cannot approach any situation involving these sort of people with the same prejudice and attitude with which you would here in america.

ALL palestinians hate israel. Very few palestiians think differently. I mean a fraction of a percent. So, did they do this out of the kindness of their heart? or for political leverage?

Please. Go by this website, PALmediawatch.org. It basically collects snippets from newspapers, palestinian TV, etc. see for yourself what their citizens are exposed to.

Go through that a second, to get an idea of palestinian culture which is conditioned of course through their media, and than ask yourself again, honestly, did they do this out of altruism, or for political leverage?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
all I got to say to the various posters who are still blaming Hamas or whoever as being the evil arab menace:

STOP BEING ANTI-SEMITIC

These Semitic people are helping out their neighbors out of the goodness of their hearts. So please don't trash their efforts and the culture in general just because you are anti-semitic.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
all I got to say to the various posters who are still blaming Hamas or whoever as being the evil arab menace:

STOP BEING ANTI-SEMITIC

These Semitic people are helping out their neighbors out of the goodness of their hearts. So please don't trash their efforts and the culture in general just because you are anti-semitic.

Right.

It amazes me how painfully ignorant most of the posters are..

So you take offence to the application of semite to only Jews? How is that in any way relevant.? Do you think the "semite" is enough to bridge the gap between Jew and Arab?

Jews are Jewish, they follow Judaism (or should be)

And arabs are muslims. . That is what divides the Jew from the Arab. Nothing else is greater than this. I wish it were different, but the political reality, and the minds of arabs are fixed in this way. Jews are imposters, and evil satanists (as portrayed in every single Arab Tv program. Imagine Israel did the same. There'd be an uproar in the liberal world against them).

Why do you think they did this? out of the goodness of their heart? The palestinians got this 'present' from the EU. They have a department, with a chief. do you really think these palestinian firemen acted without authority from their department and chief? Do you think they had kindness on their mind? as some sort of haunukah present to the Jewish occupiers they say everyday should be murdered and destroyed for Allah and Jihad? You are a moron if you think that. Why wont anyone go to PALmediawatch.org.. Because they WANT TO BELIEVE PALESTINE and HATE ON ISRAEL. They want it that way. Emotionally, people like you are fixed, and if not fixed, have a infantile naivete about how the world, and how human beings really work.

They did this for the political leverage it would give the palestinians. The Israelis send 2 billion packets worth of aid every year, and theres not a thing mentioned in the western media about it (despite Israel being the leading contributor to international aid programs). They send a fire truck to Israel and its in every western newspaper, creating perceptions. And you dont think they know this? You dont think this is why they do these sort of things. Its not even plausible to you?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh, and to add to the irony of this thread.

by Gil Ronen
(Israelnationalnews.com) The fire in the Carmel Mountains may turn out to be the worst terror act in Israel's history, but major news outlets appear resolute in their will to ignore this possibility and its implications.
Israel's left-oriented major news media are on the whole defining the fire as a "disaster," spending most of their broadcast time discussing the insufficient preparation for a disaster of this magnitude and downplaying the fact that Arab arson is likely to be behind the blaze.
MK Yaakov Katz (Ketzaleh) of the National Union was the first leader Thursday to publicly give voice the possibility that the fire was a terror attack – “an act of arson that turned into a massacre,” in his words. Most of the large forest fires in Israel are set by hostile Arabs, Katz said. He noted that he had proposed a bill for minimum punishment of terror arsonists nine months ago, and blamed Justice Minister Yaakov Ne'eman for torpedoing it.
Member of Knesset Michael Ben-Ari (National Union) called on Prime Minister Netanyahu Thursday evening to recruit “the entire Shin Bet” (Israel Security Agency) to investigate the Carmel Mountain fire and what he described as "the ongoing arson activity in the Galilee in general."
MK Ben-Ari said, "Fires are not decrees from above and the people of Israel must receive an answer regarding what's behind this great tragedy."
The fire spread from three locations simultaneously – making arson a likely possibility.
Deputy Minister Ayoub Kara (Likud), a resident of Usfiyeh, said on Channel 10 Thursday evening that he has received information that the fire is a terror act. He said that if the perpetrators are caught they should be executed "like [the Nazi criminal Adolf] Eichmann" who is the only person put to death by Israel to date.
Arab citizens of Israel use arson as a simple means of inflicting terror and destruction upon the Jewish state. Large scale fires recently consumed 5,000 acres in the Golan Heights. A fire was set in the Gilad Farm several weeks ago and an Arab was seen fleeing by a group of soldiers in the area..
The numerous large fires that broke out or were set this year depleted Israel's reserves of fire-fighting chemicals, and the supply of chemicals is expected to be used up completely by Friday morning. Israeli planes are reported to be en route to France to bring more supplies of fire-dousing materials.
According to an unconfirmed report on rotter.net, Radio Haifa reported that Arabs have been dancing in the streets of Furadis, just south of Haifa, in celebration of the deadly fire.

And the Palestinians themselves have taken advantage of the drought to light fire throughout Israel

Sounds like a 9/11 scenario. Create the problem and offer a solution. And than you'll be praised.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

And arabs are muslims. . That is what divides the Jew from the Arab.

Although I agree with you, for the most part at least, not all Arabs are Muslim. In fact, there are many Christian-Arabs, who by the way are also and equally oppressed by the Zionists.

When the Zionists started the land-grab in "Palestine", it was both the Christians and Muslims who got the short end of the stick. Today, many Christian-Arab groups can be found in Gaza and Lebenon for instance.

This is not a Judaism versus Muslim issue. Instead, the Zionists push forward with their agenda, under the guise and justification of Judaism. For the most part, I think many of the Zionists do it because of Judaism, but the two should not be confused. I think at the very bottom level, it turns into a Jew vs. Muslim issue, but only on a superficial level and generally only as a means of support -by both the Jews and Muslims.

The sad fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter what god the Palestinians pray too, they just happened to occupy the wrong swath of land. They just happened to be on a piece of land that a much wiser, far more cunning and powerful group of people wants.

Of course, here in America, the media or history books won't even so much as hint to the fact that even Christians are suffering at the hands of Israel, as "they" want us to believe that this ethnic cleansing is done against the "terrorists". You'd be surprised at just how much this story is spun, changed or ignored here in America. It's pretty sad, really. By the time the news gets reaches America, most of it is filtered out, censored, cleansed, rearranged and then presented in a manner to make Israel look like the heroes. I guess that is what you get when spend so much money on American lobby groups that not only target the government, but also the media.

People talk of a shadow government but it really isn;t a shadow at all, as it becomes painfully obvious to anyone who can look at the situation in an objective manner. The shadow government is actually the pro-Israeli lobbyist groups, who basically own this government. Think AIPAC (and others like it that give the illusion as if they are different).

--airspoon
edit on 5-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by dontreally

And arabs are muslims. . That is what divides the Jew from the Arab.

Although I agree with you, for the most part at least, not all Arabs are Muslim. In fact, there are many Christian Arabs, who are also oppressed by the Zionists.

When the Zionists started the land-grab in "Palestine", it was both the Christians and Muslims who got the short end of the stick. Today, many Christian-Arab groups can be found in Gaza and Lebenon, to name only a couple.

This is not a Judaism versus Muslim issue. Instead, the Zionists push forward with their agenda, under the guise and justification of Judaism. For the most part, I think many of the Zionists do it because of Judaism, but the two should not be confused.

The sad fact is, it doesn't matter what god the Palestinians pray too, they just happened to occupy the rong swath of land. They just happened to be on a piece of land that a much wiser and powerful group of people wants.

Of course, here in America, the media or history books won't even so much as hint to the fact that even Christians are suffering at the hands of Israel, as "they" want us to believe that this ethnic cleansing is done against the "terrorists". You'd be surprised at just how much this story is spun, changed or ignored here in America. It's pretty sad, really.

--airspoon

What ethnic cleansing? Can you show me proof that Israel is involved in Ethnic cleansing?

At the end of the day, the palestinians were offerred a plan. They rejected it. The arabs started a War, Israel wonm, and the victor as in ALL wars wins the lands he gains.

Now they want it back? what kind of garbage is this?

Do you not remember the case in Europe where the Pols and Germans were removed from their lands in the millions, and established elsewhere? what the HELL? This is a double standard like ive never seen.

Right now all americans occupy stolen land. Wheres the reparation to the native indians? Israel would offer reparations to the palestinians if they werent so stubborn. They would be allowed to live in any of the 22 arab countries around them - BECAUSE THEY ARE AN ARAB PEOPLE - from the transjordan. Jews are Hebrews. They come from this land. They have prayed for 2000 years to come back, they won the land in '67 fair and square yet STILL, the Jew cannot get a break.

I do not support the liberal, secular government in Israel. Im a religious zionist, and zionism is religious, and zionism IS Judaism. Those phonies and crooks are only there to give real Jews a bad name.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The Israelis send 2 billion packets worth of aid every year, and theres not a thing mentioned in the western media about it (despite Israel being the leading contributor to international aid programs). They send a fire truck to Israel and its in every western newspaper, creating perceptions. And you dont think they know this? You dont think this is why they do these sort of things. Its not even plausible to you?

The United States spends billions in aid to Iraq and Afghanistan. Why? Because they are occupied by the US, just like Palestine. Israeli leadership is not sending the aid out of the kindness of their heart, they are sending aid to mitigate the international outcry that would exist if the aid were not there.

It's good to see small gestures of cooperation (politically motivated or not). The foundation for trust is built upon small gestures like this. The Palestinian firefighters may or may not have been thrilled to work along side their Israeli counterparts, but their shared mission and interdependency might have helped them to see each other as a little more human.

That is an important step!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join