It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian firefighters come to Israel's aid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

We all worship the same God, that is enough to bridge the gap. Nothing more needs to be said. God, Allah, Kaballa, it all is leading to the same unified existence is it not?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There's nothing like a natural disaster to bring us all together. Sure I know this fire isn't totally natural but the idea still holds true. If the complete loss of that forest gave the world a real peace in the region, I think that would be a great investment, and I think forests are a very precious and dwindling resource. Now I know when this ends everyone will go back to their corners, but it does remind us all that it is never too late to come together! I'm not much on the UFO thing but a intergalactic attack would probably do a whole lot of good in getting us all together as the one human family that we truly are.

Remember pandoras box, with all the trouble in the world, there is always hope!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm very glad these firefighters have hearts big enough to put aside everything that these people have done to them to do their job and help. It just makes me angry, though. By all rights, they should let it burn. That is what the israelis deserve for their actions. but to do that, lessens the humanity of those who stand by. Once again, bad people get undeserved help, and, I guarantee you, the minute the job is done, those israelis will turn right around and spit in the face of those firefighters in one way or another.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKIN 'BOUT!

The Palestinians have been a pawn / victim from the get go. If all of the higher ups could get a grip, it could all be vastly better.

Remember Sadat and Begin? Too good men in a screwed up situation that made it work.

It only cost Sadat's life though. The "reward" of the LEGIT peacemakers.

If only the saracens could have a "reformation". It worked for the christians....after a time.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I hope this noble gesture will be remembered by Israel!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
S&F for you good sir. Very real thing for them to come help fight the fire. Shows you that human issues are human issues, regardless of color or group affiliation. I'm glad the Palestinian firefighters went to help, it shows you their true character.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why not? They live right next door to one another. I was just in Israel in November. All we hear about over here is about how they don't get along. Well, for the most part, excepting Gaza, ruled by the Hamas haters, they do get along. One guy in Bethlehem, controlled by the Palestinians, told me, "We don't want disruption. If there is disruption the tourists don't come and we all lose our jobs."

There's an area in northern Israel where the Un wants to build a wall (even though they don't like Israeli's building walls) that would separate several tribal areas (these are Arabs) and force them into Lebanon. They don't want to do it because now they make $30K per year and in Lebanon they would make $200. For the record, there are lots of Israeli Arabs who are not Palestinians.

Bottom line is that we are being lied to bythe leftist media about Israel. It isn't like you are being told. Go over there and see for yourself.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

What ethnic cleansing? Can you show me proof that Israel is involved in Ethnic cleansing?

I did an excellent thread on it, back when I first joined ATS and it can be found here: Israeli - Palestinian conflict by the numbers (The numbers don't lie).

This thread contains all of the data that anyone needs in order to conclude on whether Israel is conducting a campaign of genocide or ethnic cleansing. In fact, all of the estimations are on the extreme conservative side, making Israel look a lot better than in all probabilities. I did that, just so that there could be no doubt and I wouldn't be accused of influencing the data due to any personal bias. I suggest you educate yourself and you can start by reading that thread.

At the end of the day, the palestinians were offered a plan. They rejected it. The arabs started a War, Israel won, and the victor as in ALL wars wins the lands he gains.

Lol, typical brainwashed ignorance. You think the Arabs started the war? So what, will we just ignore the fact that Israel struck Egypt first? It was Israel that launched a sucker-punch, sneak attack on Egypt and due to the alliance of the Arab nations, the others jumped in. Israel's sneak attack basically wiped out the effectiveness of Egypt's air-force, one of the strongest in the region at that time.

In fact, due to what we know now, it wasn't even a pre-emptive strike, so much as an act of belligerent aggressiveness. The Israeli government was talking to the American government, trying to get permission to strike. The Egyptians were talking to the Soviets, trying to avoid a war with Israel, who was acting very hostile in the region. America told Israel not to strike, as the Egyptians were trying to avoid war and Israel would be the aggressor, making it almost impossible for the Americans to come to Israel's aid, if they started to get their but whooped or if the Soviets came to Egypt's aid. Low and behold, Israel strikes anyway with their sucker punch that we call "Operation focus". Then, almost on queue, the Israelis conduct an unsuccessful false-flag operation on the US by repeatedly attacking and trying to sink the USS Liberty. It's important to note that not only were they trying to sink the USS Liberty for hours on end by torpedo boats and unmarked fighter jets, but they were also strafing the life-boats and deploying napalm on the deck of the unarmed American Navy vessel, in a clear attempt to leave no witnesses. In fact, the ship didn't go down quite fast enough, due to the dedication and professionalism of the crew and the strong sturdy construction of American craftsmanship, so when a Soviet warship steamed over the horizon, the Israelis had to call off the attack, more than two hours later. It's also important to note that American radio frequencies were being jammed by the Israelis during this attack.

However, when the American vessel did manage to squeeze off a mayday call, their fleet carrier launched fighters to go to its rescue. The fighters were launched, then in an unprecedented move, the Pentagon forced the aircraft carrier to call the fighters back. Never before in history, has an aircraft carrier been prevented from coming to the rescue of an American navy vessel under attack.

It is pretty clear that this attack came in an effort to give America an excuse to enter the war on behalf on Israel, since Israel was the aggressor and started the war.

Now they want it back? what kind of garbage is this?

I think the Palestinians would be just happy being left alone. Instead, that's not what happening. They have their land taken away, even unto this day. They are constantly oppressed by the Israeli and Zionist terrorists, through murder, terrorist attacks, evictions, home demolishing, check points, occupation, blockades and important restrictions, to just name a few.

You only hear about the relatively harmless rockets flying over the fence, however you never hear what Israel does to warrant those rockets. Israel will agree to a peace terms, then blatantly break those peace terms and rely on the media to not report it. Instead, we only hear about the rockets, that usually wind up not even hurting anyone. In the meanwhile, Palestinians are being killed, starved, evicted and generally terrorized. It's almost as if the Zionists are doing everything possible to make life hell for the Palestinian people. The Palestinians on the other hand are only trying to preserve their way of life. No Israel terror will equal no Palestinian rockets.

You have to take a step back and look at who benefits from this conflict. It sure isn't the Palestinians. In fact, it is Israel who benefits. They basically have no down-side to this conflict. It isn't like they are being killed or even seriously threatened by the Palestinians. Instead, they then have an excuse to cleanse the area and terrorize the Palestinians, so long as the conflict is ongoing.

Also, before you say, "it's all Hamas fault", like ignorance would dictate, just note that Hamas wouldn't exist if it weren't for Israeli oppression. Yeah, that's right, the whole purpose and charter for Hamas, is to respond to Israel aggression. They aren't like defined terrorist groups who have some radical political or religious goal. Instead, their entire charter and purpose is to serve the Palestinian people and meet Israeli fire with fire.

The Palestinians feel as if they have no choice but to fight back because when they don't, they are terrorized anyway. Either way, they are going to be terrorized, so their only hope is to fight back.

Do you not remember the case in Europe where the Pols and Germans were removed from their lands in the millions, and established elsewhere? what the HELL? This is a double standard like ive never seen.

Absolutely it is a double standard, as the Israelis and Zionists get to behave and act just like the Nazis, without the world intervening. However, this doesn't mean that the world isn't trying to intervene. In fact they are and it is the US who is blocking every single resolution in the UN that is against Israelis atrocities.

Do you know the only difference that I see with the Nazis and Zionists? Is that the Zionists are getting away with it and probably because they learned from the mistakes of the Nazis. Other than that, they are both equally as evil and they both hold the same value for other groups of people than their particular ethnicity.

Right now all americans occupy stolen land. Wheres the reparation to the native indians?

There are many differences. One being that we aren't terrorizing the Native Americans. We aren't evicting them, bombing them or demolishing their homes. We are starving them to death or preventing them from farming or getting around. We aren't oppressing or terrorizing the Native Americans. If we were treating the Native Americans like the Israelis are treating the Palestinians, then my stance would be the same for Native Americans. Another difference is that the Native Americans were booted off their land generations ago and they weren't terrorized nearly to the degree in which the Palestinians are terrorized. Furthermore, America didn't try to hide how they were treating the Native Americans, at least to the degree in which it is happening in the Middle East. Americans and westerners are having the wool pulled over our eyes and sadly, it is because of us that this happening, as we not only pay for this terror, but we also sanction and protect it.

They would be allowed to live in any of the 22 arab countries around them - BECAUSE THEY ARE AN ARAB PEOPLE - from the transjordan.

Where do you live? Lets just suppose that you live in Texas or Arizona. Then, what if some foreign people came in and under the justification of their religion they take your state. In fact, not only do they take your state, but they are aggressive while doing it. Then then give you and your neighbors (millions) Galveston Island, otherwise you would need to claim refugee status somewhere else and leave your ancestral lands. However, once you pick up and move to Galveston, you quickly realize that this aggressive and belligerent power really doesn't even want you to live in Galveston, though they only gave you Galveston Island because of international pressure and you realize this because of the daily terror and oppression that is projected on you and your neighbors. Then, while you are being terrorized, this foreign power influences the media to make you look like the terrorist. Life becomes a living hell, as you can't do anything, much less feed or protect your family.

Millions of your old neighbors did flee and took refugee status in other states or countries and due to the large number, you would basically be shoved in a camp somewhere or forced to start over. Would you be so happy to just quick up and move or would you fight? We all know what cowards would do.

Furthermore, using the excuse that they could all just leave is ridiculous. Do you also use that excuse for the Jews who were caught up in the Holocaust? Hitler and the Nazis also gave the Jews time to flee before they started to put them into camps. Is it then the fault of the Jews for being thrown into camps and murdered in mass?

Frankly, that excuse is just ignorant.

Jews are Hebrews. They come from this land. They have prayed for 2000 years to come back, they won the land in '67 fair and square yet STILL, the Jew cannot get a break.

Actually, Jews don't come from this land. Instead, on their exodus from Egypt, they invaded and murdered the Canaanites for that land (among others). This is even after god supposedly gave Moses the 10 commandments which specifically state that we shouldn't kill or steal. So, right after god tells us not to kill or steal by giving us very clear rules, we go kill and steal both, ultimately winning us the prize of Israel.

However, the Jews left Israel and the Arabs settled there (more or less), well over a thousand years ago. Therefore, the land is no longer ours. We gave it up. Can I go on ancestry.com and find out where my long lost relative lived, then lick the current occupants off and move in?

Finally, before the modern era of Zionism, there were Jews living in Palestine, along with Christians and Muslims and for the most part, things were going very good. Jews would babysit Muslim children and vice-versa. Dinner would take place between Muslim, Christian and Jew. Everyone got along. It wasn't until the Jews wanted to completely take the land over and turn it all Jewish, that conflict arose.

You can't just say, "my god gave this land to people of my religion thousands of years ago, therefore it is mine now so get out". It doesn't work that way, at least not in our day and age. Could you imagine Iran doing that? What about Cuba? We would have blazed in there, weapons hot. Only terrorist thugs who harbor racist evilness would agree to such barbaric measures. Absolutely disgusting.

I do not support the liberal, secular government in Israel. Im a religious zionist, and zionism is religious, and zionism IS Judaism.

Zionism is not Judaism. I'm Jewish and I can tell you that my god does not approve of the evil committed by the Zionists, just has he didn't approve of the Nazis and their evil against my ancestors. Zionism is the cancer that is eating Judaism. It is a farce on our religion, a phony way of using excuses to act out in evil ways and exercise the hate in those peoples' souls.

Those phonies and crooks are only there to give real Jews a bad name.

You said it perfectly.

The sad fact of the matter is that most people don't agree with what the Nazis did to the Jews, so why on Earth they would agree to what the Zionists are doing to the Palestinians (and others), is beyond rational, though it is most likely due to simple ignorance. Sadly, this is done in both the names of Americans and Jews. Until people can deny ignorance, this won't stop and Jews will continue to be falsely dragged down with the Zionsists.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. There is hope!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Israel/Palestine, this conflict only has two problems
Hate and Those In Power

Get rid of the two and there is your solution!

Bears repeating

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
HOPE! This story reminds me that, unless the world completely destroys itself, there is still hope that humanity can live together without hatred. The entire world should have this story played to it on repeat, just to make the point stick!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Oh, and to add to the irony of this thread.

by Gil Ronen
(Israelnationalnews.com) The fire in the Carmel Mountains may turn out to be the worst terror act in Israel's history, but major news outlets appear resolute in their will to ignore this possibility and its implications.
Israel's left-oriented major news media are on the whole defining the fire as a "disaster," spending most of their broadcast time discussing the insufficient preparation for a disaster of this magnitude and downplaying the fact that Arab arson is likely to be behind the blaze.
MK Yaakov Katz (Ketzaleh) of the National Union was the first leader Thursday to publicly give voice the possibility that the fire was a terror attack – “an act of arson that turned into a massacre,” in his words. Most of the large forest fires in Israel are set by hostile Arabs, Katz said. He noted that he had proposed a bill for minimum punishment of terror arsonists nine months ago, and blamed Justice Minister Yaakov Ne'eman for torpedoing it.
Member of Knesset Michael Ben-Ari (National Union) called on Prime Minister Netanyahu Thursday evening to recruit “the entire Shin Bet” (Israel Security Agency) to investigate the Carmel Mountain fire and what he described as "the ongoing arson activity in the Galilee in general."
MK Ben-Ari said, "Fires are not decrees from above and the people of Israel must receive an answer regarding what's behind this great tragedy."
The fire spread from three locations simultaneously – making arson a likely possibility.
Deputy Minister Ayoub Kara (Likud), a resident of Usfiyeh, said on Channel 10 Thursday evening that he has received information that the fire is a terror act. He said that if the perpetrators are caught they should be executed "like [the Nazi criminal Adolf] Eichmann" who is the only person put to death by Israel to date.
Arab citizens of Israel use arson as a simple means of inflicting terror and destruction upon the Jewish state. Large scale fires recently consumed 5,000 acres in the Golan Heights. A fire was set in the Gilad Farm several weeks ago and an Arab was seen fleeing by a group of soldiers in the area..
The numerous large fires that broke out or were set this year depleted Israel's reserves of fire-fighting chemicals, and the supply of chemicals is expected to be used up completely by Friday morning. Israeli planes are reported to be en route to France to bring more supplies of fire-dousing materials.
According to an unconfirmed report on rotter.net, Radio Haifa reported that Arabs have been dancing in the streets of Furadis, just south of Haifa, in celebration of the deadly fire.

And the Palestinians themselves have taken advantage of the drought to light fire throughout Israel

Sounds like a 9/11 scenario. Create the problem and offer a solution. And than you'll be praised.

As much as I hate to say it, this had crossed my mind at first. You brought another consideration as well.

If all of the fire retardent is gone, what will happen if they REALLY need it? Hmmm.

I still believe that the palestinians have been screwed over by their saracen brethren. Damn shame.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Odd, I just heard Australian firefighters are heading over to help today..

Bit late me thinks..
I heard the fire should be out today...
Ahh well, be a nice little holiday I guess..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It is great that the Palestinian firefighters were their to help out in a time of need.

Along with that, I think that it was a big move by Israel to allow the Palestinian firefighters to help out. Israel is advanced enough that they would have been able to take on this problem by themselves if they had to. However, they allowed those who were willing to help out do so. Anybody who has been around here long enough to read about a few disasters knows that ofter time, advanced countries will refuse outside help. This is especially true if there have been tensions between the two countries in the past.

Ultimately, this could be a PR move for both sides. I am in no way, dismissing the efforts of those working together to fight the fires. I am talking about those who gave the final OK's on both sides. Imagine what the headlines would have read had Israel refused Palestinian help, or if the Palestinians would have sat beside their shiny equipment and watch Israel burn.

In the end, I am proud of both countries. I respect those who put forth their effort while sacrificing their well being to protect life. I also wonder if those who gave the final approval were pure with their intentions.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Excellent retort, airspoon. Strengthens my respect for you mightily.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just another example of how those murderous Muslims are a threat to innocent Israel... oh wait, I forgot which dimension I was living in... I'm surprised Israel didn't commandeer the new fire trucks as well as the firefighters organs during the mission for the good of "God's chosen people".

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
One fire does more for the peace process than a lifetime of hollow talks,If Israel had forests like Australia you would be seeing little Israstinians running around at the local playground in no time.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

Sounds like nothing more than zionist propaganda.

Anyone with even an OUNCE of compassion would not be cheering death.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If there were no personal gains financially.. I would think something different.

But due to this fact alone.. Nothing to see here.. same old hate.. just a temp retrieve to earn some coin.

They'll be at each others throats in no time as they continue the conflict of land and beliefs.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You hit it spot on Airspoon! This fake two state situation that the U.S. and U.N. keep pushing is only a farce. Hypothetically speaking, if we could remove both governments of the Palestinian/Israeli situation I can bet that the citizens of both sides would create a better solution. Go figure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join