It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Deception: An interesting viewing of the last Astrobiology conference.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm sure that most of people that watched the last NASA's press conference, to "introduce" an Arsenic-based bacteria, felt that bitter taste of deception after the whole buzz made by MSM and by the own team of Astrobiologists, talking about "unveiling a finding that would prove the existence of aliens on Earth...". I mean, there was a lot of noise, all over the internet, suggesting a possible full alien disclosure and after all everything we had, was a NASA's scientist talking about an Extremophile bacteria, as if we were 5 years old...

But I stumbled with this video, suggesting that the whole noise over the conference and the conference itself were nothing but a mind programming operation to, according to the OP, "test the levels of public anxiety on facing an alien disclosure"...

The discussions around this theory, focused in speculations about a future full disclosure (or not), about NASA had discovered something huge in Titan and this conference was made to "spark the plug" about exotic (intelligent) alien life forms, on people's mind. Despite all doubts and questions, one thing is for sure: By the way that the Astrobiologist, Felisa Wolfe-Simon, did conduct that conference, talking as if the listeners were retarded, we can NOT wait for a fair UFO/alien disclosure from NASA.

edit on 12/5/2010 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/12/5 by GradyPhilpott because: see note above

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard..

They said:

"discovery to change how we consider alien life.."

You said

"possible full alien disclosure"

And I lolled.

See this it what happens when people assume too much - did the former negate the point? Not at all, it proved it.. Did aliens come down and say "Oh Hai, wee alines, Nasa told you aboot us heey!"? No... that's the 2012 style of thinker..

man.. can life now be considered in unlikely places? Why yes, but thats not as fancy as "NASA BREAKING NOOZ!! ET IS IN THE HOUSE!!!"

blimey, and it's their fault???????

Really??

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
I'm sure that most of people that watched the last NASA's press conference, to "introduce" an Arsenic-based bacteria, felt that bitter taste of deception after the whole buzz made by MSM and by the own team of Astrobiologists, talking about "unveiling a finding that would prove the existence of aliens on Earth...".

Why do you feel let down? They said..."NASA has revealed only that it will discuss a discovery "that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life."

And that's exactly what they did. It was all that speculation on the internet that you mentioned that got every one all riled up...Where is the deception? Sure I wish they'd come clean, but after watching and reading Oberg around here, it's obvious they will distract, BS, lie and obfuscate any knowledge they may have on the subject...

remember Never A Straight Answer...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Ok you said this.

"unveiling a finding that would prove the existence of aliens on Earth...".

They have in fact proved that alien life forms are present of earth. Look at the definition of alien.

(a.) Wholly different in nature; foreign; adverse; inconsistent (with); incongruous; -- followed by from or sometimes by to; as, principles alien from our religion.

thinkexist.com...

The life forms they have discovered are in fact alien, but not the alien you are thinking of.
The life forms are different from anything we've discovered on Earth before. They are based on different and toxic chemicals. Therefore they are alien, different in nature.

Another pointless thread.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

And how exactly would a finding of this sort be a valid test for any kind of mass panic / reaction whatsoever?? When I heard it, the only reactions I had were disappointment and disgust that these people would waste my time that I spent clicking play and watching in such anticipation and excitement that maybe they were finally going to disclose something big, and then they tell us they've found some stupid bacteria??

The fact that some bacteria can live in lava tells me just as much about the possibility of life on other planets as this 'groundbreaking discovery.'
edit on 5-12-2010 by smokinsinger because: annoying parallellism fixed

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
I'm sure that most of people that watched the last NASA's press conference, to "introduce" an Arsenic-based bacteria, felt that bitter taste of deception after the whole buzz made by MSM and by the own team of Astrobiologists, talking about "unveiling a finding that would prove the existence of aliens on Earth...".

Why do you feel let down? They said..."NASA has revealed only that it will discuss a discovery "that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life."

And that's exactly what they did. It was all that speculation on the internet that you mentioned that got every one all riled up...Where is the deception? Sure I wish they'd come clean, but after watching and reading Oberg around here, it's obvious they will distract, BS, lie and obfuscate any knowledge they may have on the subject...

remember Never A Straight Answer...

That's what I'm talking about here: Mind programming. If they treated the public like retards to talk about a bacteria, what you think they will do, concerning the disclosure of intelligent alien life forms??

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokinsinger

And how exactly would a finding of this sort be a valid test for any kind of mass panic / reaction whatsoever?? When I heard it, the only reactions I had were disappointment and disgust that these people would waste my time that I spent clicking play and watching in such anticipation and excitement that maybe they were finally going to disclose something big, and then they tell us they've found some stupid bacteria??

The fact that some bacteria can live in lava tells me just as much about the possibility of life on other planets as this 'groundbreaking discovery.'
edit on 5-12-2010 by smokinsinger because: annoying parallellism fixed

The days before the conference, there was a lot of expectation among the UFO enthusiasts, about the possibility of NASA making a real disclosure. That's the whole point of the video. The NASA astrobiologists and the MSM, induced people on believing that the conference would unveil something big, like a contact with intelligent beings. But it seems that all suspense about this conference was nothing but a psy-op.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have to agree with AnnunakiBastard. This report wouldn't or shouldn't have gotten a massive NASA press conference, because this organism isn't the only one that uses arsenic in it's biochemistry. Also it's always been known that even animals can live in environments where they shouldn't (Underwater lava vents where the water temperature and the toxic soup is dangerous but deep see crab and tube worms thrive). At best this should have been a presentation to a peer group or something. This was a test nothing more on us.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePyramidAgenda

Ok you said this.

"unveiling a finding that would prove the existence of aliens on Earth...".

They have in fact proved that alien life forms are present of earth. Look at the definition of alien.

(a.) Wholly different in nature; foreign; adverse; inconsistent (with); incongruous; -- followed by from or sometimes by to; as, principles alien from our religion.

thinkexist.com...

The life forms they have discovered are in fact alien, but not the alien you are thinking of.
The life forms are different from anything we've discovered on Earth before. They are based on different and toxic chemicals. Therefore they are alien, different in nature.

Another pointless thread.

Cheers
Brady

Nope!! The use of the word "alien" by scientists of a space agency, is 100% applied to extraterrestrial life forms, not to "different" life forms.

Another shill disinfo commentary.

Cheers
Peter

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
I have to agree with AnnunakiBastard. This report wouldn't or shouldn't have gotten a massive NASA press conference, because this organism isn't the only one that uses arsenic in it's biochemistry. Also it's always been known that even animals can live in environments where they shouldn't (Underwater lava vents where the water temperature and the toxic soup is dangerous but deep see crab and tube worms thrive). At best this should have been a presentation to a peer group or something. This was a test nothing more on us.

en.wikipedia.org...

We're doomed if NASA intends to make a "full disclosure" using people like Felisa Wolfe-Simon.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Ok. So now I'm Disinfo?

Tell me where it says this will prove that there is aliens on Earth? Unless I'm not seeing right? Am I illterate? This is the official release from NASA.

www.nasa.gov...

I'll be waiting.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePyramidAgenda

Ok. So now I'm Disinfo?

Tell me where it says this will prove that there is aliens on Earth? Unless I'm not seeing right? Am I illterate? This is the official release from NASA.

www.nasa.gov...

I'll be waiting.

Cheers
Brady

MOFFETT FIELD, Calif. -- NASA will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. PST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe(...)

NASA to Hold News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery

I won't use links of MSM news, buzzing about "ET calling home". It's a link of NASA website. As you see, these were the words used by NASA, days before the conference. Words used to work on people's psychology.

I hope I didn't make you wait too much.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

This has made an impact on finding extra-terrestrial life. As now they will be searching atmospheres and environments they previously thought couldn't house life. Based on our knowledge of how life is based.

The discovery they have made has made a huge impact on finding extra-terrestrial life. This opens the door for so many more planets being able to house life. Before this discovery scientists thought that DNA couldn't be based on toxic elements. So a lot of planets were deemed Un-inhabitable due to their atmospheric conditions. Now the door is open for a huge amount of planets that could possibly house life.

This discovery has been a huge step forward in finding extra-terrestrial life.

And also what do you expect from the media? They change things all the time just to make a good story, you haven't learnt that by now?

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Just a note..this statement you have made:
""unveiling a finding that would prove the existence of aliens on Earth..."."

is incorrect...

The statement put out by NASA prior to the conference was that they wanted to present information to discuss something that would *impact the search for evidence* of extraterrestrial life... which their conference did.
Note: "impact the search for evidence of EBE....not provide evidence of EBE's !

A large difference.

Rosha

edit on 5-12-2010 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
To be honest, its not nasa's falt. Every time nasa hold a conference, you get the same old people saying it will be ET disclosure. Its not nasa putting these words into their mouths. If you are interested in space, then the latest news is very interesting. Some people are just not happy unless nasa turns around and says "we have ET evidence"

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Ah, when you flip it around like that I see what you're getting at - but still, why would they expect mass anxiety when the people don't even know what the report is about yet? The majority of people's feelings before the report were probably ones of anticipation, excitement, skepticism (I believe I remember NASA pulling one of these kinds of tricks before), or indifference. I could have predicted that by using common sense and without running a single test or 'psy-op.'

Now if an alien had then popped onto our TV screens and begun to telepathically relate to all of us the meaning of life, THEN there might be some serious mass anxiety to deal with.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The reason it is exciting for NASA is because this bacteria, not only uses arsenic, but it incorporates it into the DNA. Meaning the normal bases of Adenine, Guanine, Cytosine, and Thymine will have an intermittent molecule of arsenic in between. These changes when done to a normal animal can induce mutations and death. This shows to NASA, that they no longer have to be limited to looking at Earth-like planets but they can be open minded in realizing that life may be way different than what we define now. They are excited from a scientific standpoint. Sorry that they could not have aliens from Alpha Centauri stop by for a beer and say hi.
edit on 5-12-2010 by gsup1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gsup1

Thankyou, finally someone else realizes the importance.
It's a very valuable piece of information for search of extra terrestrial life.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
To be honest, its not nasa's falt. Every time nasa hold a conference, you get the same old people saying it will be ET disclosure. Its not nasa putting these words into their mouths. If you are interested in space, then the latest news is very interesting. Some people are just not happy unless nasa turns around and says "we have ET evidence"

Correct to point out that even the OP is too reality-challenged to correctly quote the NASA announcement, but instead puts his OWN deranged fantasies into quotation marks that he attributes falsely to the NASA official statement.

The only thing that will make a lot of people hereabouts happy is for NASA to explicitly personally name them as having always been accurate in their beliefs about UFOs, so their families, friends, and co-workers can stop giggling at their ravings.

Oh, and regarding my own alleged role in the NASA coverup? I've mislaid the charge number and address for sending my invoices. Anybody who can provide them will get a 10% finder's fee for the stack of back unpaid client billings. Real cash.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
NASA's hype and declarations are almost like, when your grandmother comes to you and say "I have an awesome gift for you, you will love it!".... and then she gives you a book.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join