It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Tries to Reassure Gulf States

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Iran Tries to Reassure Gulf States

In his first trip to the region since WikiLeaks released American diplomatic cables reporting the concerns of gulf leaders, Iran’s foreign minister, Manouchehr Mottaki, told a regional security conference in Bahrain that a more powerful Iran was nothing to fear.

“Our power in the region is your power, and your power in the region is our power,” Mr. Mottaki told an audience that included Arab ministers and other officials from the region. “Our growth will only pave the way for others to grow.”

The reaction among gulf officials was muted.

OK so here we have Iran realizing that the "Arab" nations are not too happy about their posturing and or "Peaceful" Nuclear ambitions. It seems Iran is trying to play the "Islamic" card. However it may be a case of Iran reaping a negative reward from the seeds they have sown with the Sunni vs Shiite pot they have been stirring in an attempt to create a larger sectarian conflict in Iraq and elsewhere.

I can see how Iran believes that the West has it's issues because of the CIA/MI6 neocons etc. But what about their Arab neighbors? Well Apparently the Persians I mean Iranians have been a little too ambitious in multiple Arab nations eyes. So what say ye? More CIA/MI6/Mossad influenced propaganda eh?

edit on 4-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Don't you think it's getting harder and harder to see what's really going on..??
With CIA, M16 and Mossad all infiltrating regimes and financing revolts it's trully difficult seperating fact from fiction..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Soo everyone in the ME, All the Arab states are all feeble minded and cannot make up their own minds? Iran itself is not responsible for how other Gulf nations feel about them? Everything is a CIA/MI6 or Mossad plot?

I can understand how some can say that. But let me ask you this. When will Iran stand up and take responsibility for the things they HAVE done to instill apprehension in their neighbors?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If anything, I would think that the "Gulf States" should be reassuring Iran. After all, Iran is completely surrounded by enemies, a thing very few countries can claim. I hope they get their bombs really soon. What country wouldn't try to defend itself, if surrounded by powers that keep conspiring to bring it down, and destroy it?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

A senior official of a gulf state security service said gulf Arabs would continue to be concerned about Iran until it dealt “openly” with the international community over its nuclear activities.

Open discussion?

How realistic is that?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Soo everyone in the ME, All the Arab states are all feeble minded and cannot make up their own minds?
Iran itself is not responsible for how other Gulf nations feel about them? Everything is a CIA/MI6 or Mossad plot?

I can understand how some can say that. But let me ask you this.
When will Iran stand up and take responsibility for the things they HAVE done to instill apprehension in their neighbors?

Are you saying Iran has not been interfered with by foreign agencies?
That these foreign agencies are not responsible for much of the unrest in Iran?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Are you saying Iran has not been interfered with by foreign agencies?
That these foreign agencies are not responsible for much of the unrest in Iran?

I asked a simple question....

Here it is again..

I'll type it out slowly.

When will Iran stand up and take responsibility for the things they HAVE done to instill apprehension in their neighbors?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Firstly I'd have to know what it is you think Iran has done to instill apprehension...

BTW, the insults are a little below you Slayer..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Soo everyone in the ME, All the Arab states are all feeble minded and cannot make up their own minds?
Iran itself is not responsible for how other Gulf nations feel about them? Everything is a CIA/MI6 or Mossad plot?

I can understand how some can say that. But let me ask you this.

First off there is Zero evidence that iran is building a bomb. Yes Zero Zero Zero. This idea is just from the western/zionist media. I'm sure you know this. Secondly, I find it quite odd that there are "leaks" about what other ME countries think about Iran, but I really haven't seen any about what ME countries think about israel. Which leads me to wonder who is releasing this info to wikileaks. Israel's paper Haaretz has been having a field day ever since the leaks started flowing. They love it! Thirdly, if the leaks are real (which I doubt) most of the Middle East countries have US bases in them and they are merely puppet states anyways.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Dear Saudi Arabia:

Hi...I am Joe America. I noticed you were telling us we should bomb Iran. Sure, that does sound like fun, and lord knows we like us our blowing up time...but a thought occured to me suddenly, Why? Why would we attack them.
See Saudi Arabia...mind if I just call you SA? cool..anyhow, the issue is, my neighbor, Common Americans, were just thinking about how the only real reason we give a rats ass about any of this middle east crap is because we had a bunch of nuts come and break some of our buildings...we worked hard to build those buildings and to come along and topple them like that..totally uncool.

So...we went and broke some stuff over there as a message..now your asking us to attack Iran. But here is the thing...there were no people from Iran on the planes that broke our stuff...however, there -was- a buttload of people from your neck of the woods...and come to find out, your letting tons of money go to other people whom want to break more of our crap.

Totally not cool.

Anyhow..I think its high time you use some of that money thats being spent to break our stuff...and instead, break the stuff of those you don't like yourself...and offically. We Americans are done playing in that sandbox you lot live in...it sucks, most of your stuff was broken anyhow before we got there...and so thats that...time for us to take our wrecking ball and go home. Fight your own wars from now on...and if you send more people to break our stuff again, this time, we will be coming for you.

P.S.- If a muslim is in space, what way does he have to face when he prays? just curious about that.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So it must be a bad thing to try and solve issues by diplomacy, far easier to bomb and pressure countries into submission.
I wonder why no country has thought of this before.

link   
reply to post by mayabong

Who said anything about them building a bomb in this thread?

The thread is about Iran's actions that they HAVE DONE which has made their ARAB neighbors apprehensive.

link   

You don't know what they have done but yet you are dead sure whatever it is isn't their fault? I typed out my reply very specifically because the main question was ignored and by the way it still hasn't been answered.

I find it very interesting that those who come out and are absolutely sure Iran is above anything negative and are cock sure that it has to be a CIA/MI6 or Mossad. [I'm not denying that the CIA/MI6 or Mossad] has been in there stirring things up BUT I asked that question to see others responses .

Just curious is all.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

They have been used in so many games in the past 30-40 years in connection to our Government agencies so I think that since the Shaw era, they have shown little to no responsibility to make decisions for themselves and allow outside politics to control their policies trying way too hard to reestablish themselves back into a world power position. Will they ever make it? Nuclear power will not put them on equal footing in the Middle East especially with Saudi Arabia. If nothing else they are creating allies now that once turned their backs on them for fear of retaliation by the US and loss of contracts and funding.

We probably have more Iranians in the US and abroad than they have in the entire country. Sheeze, what was the question? LOl, sorry...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
So it must be a bad thing to try and solve issues by diplomacy, far easier to bomb and pressure countries into submission.
I wonder why no country has thought of this before.

You just sparked a interesting conspiracy theory in my mind.

What if this whole dump is some sort of warhawk agenda that is sick of diplomacy solving issues...what if wikileaks is actually playing into the hands of people like halliburton and other major contractors that make tons of money on war overall...

By destroying the credibility of diplomacy, surely many wars would potentially break out...diplomacy? bah, I know what you truely think of me...no words...lets get to the bombing...

hmm...actually, this sounds less wacky than some other conspiracys I have heard...and, if someone wanted to do the whole georgia guidestones nwo stuff (reduce population of earth to 500 million), why better way to kick it off than to remove diplomacy between all nations as a first step...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I can't answer a question you haven't asked...
I NEED to know what it is you think they HAVE done before I can tell you why they don't accept that they did it..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I NEED to know what it is you think they HAVE done before I can tell you why they don't accept that they did it..

ETA: That's my whole point. You don't know. Now go back and read your reply. AUTOMATIC damnation of the CIA/MI6 and or Mossad.

Knee jerk reaction eh?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Sensational reply, very enlightining..
Now I know what you are talking about......Nothing !!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by mayabong

Who said anything about them building a bomb in this thread?

The thread is about Iran's actions that they HAVE DONE which has made their ARAB neighbors apprehensive.

Well you put "Peaceful" in quotes so I figured what you were getting at. I know Iran isn't perfect but what have they done? Have they invaded anyone? I actually think they've been quite nice considering they have been screwed with by the west for decades. (operation Ajax, funded Iraq against them ).

These cables almost seem laughable and it sounds like John Mccain talking instead of some Arab leaders.

I think they are 100% faked. But thats just my opinion.
Here's the quotes.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Interesting Arab perspective....
The Arabs on Iran
The U.A.E. ambassador tells the truth.

The world's most open secret is that the Arab countries of the Middle East fear a nuclear Iran as much, and perhaps more, than Israel does. The surprise is when an official dares to speak this truth in public, which is why the comments this week by United Arab Emirates Ambassador to the U.S. Yousef Al-Otaiba are worth noting.

Speaking at a gabfest sponsored by The Atlantic, Mr. Otaiba was asked if he wanted the U.S. to stop the Iranian bomb program by force? He answered: "Absolutely, absolutely. I think we are at risk of an Iranian nuclear program far more than you are at risk. At 7,000 miles away, and with two oceans bordering you, an Iranian nuclear threat does not threaten the continental United States. It may threaten your assets in the region, it will threaten the peace process, it will threaten balance of power, it will threaten everything else, but it will not threaten you."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join