It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Tries to Reassure Gulf States

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Sophisticated cyber-worms, motorcycling assassins: but who is behind the increasingly sinister campaign against the Iranian energy programme?

Covert war against Iran's nuclear aims takes chilling turn

The dead man was Majid Shahriari, a senior Iranian nuclear scientist. The head of Iran's nuclear programme, Ali Akbar Salehi, who attended his funeral, said Shahriari had been "in charge of one of the great projects" at Iran's atomic energy agency – a project he did not describe any further.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Sophisticated cyber-worms, motorcycling assassins: but who is behind the increasingly sinister campaign against the Iranian energy programme?

Covert war against Iran's nuclear aims takes chilling turn

The dead man was Majid Shahriari, a senior Iranian nuclear scientist. The head of Iran's nuclear programme, Ali Akbar Salehi, who attended his funeral, said Shahriari had been "in charge of one of the great projects" at Iran's atomic energy agency – a project he did not describe any further.

Is that post aimed at WHO assasinated them or WHAT were they really doing?
Maybe both??

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, my very beautiful half sister is half Persian, Iranian, she is actually a Persian Princess from the old Shaw era, and although we do not connect often I recall her worry and anxiety over her family in Iran, especially her younger sister and brother, she has tried all she can to get them here but the bottom line was never procurable.

What does concern me is that it always comes down to those who can afford to come here do and those who should be allowed cannot. So when I think of the people of any country enslaved by their borders it deeply worries me about those who have been sponsored to come who should not be here as they are the danger to us not the loving family members of the educated Iranian Americans.

Can you imagine being stuck in your war torn country not able to leave except those who are terrorist sponsored sleepers or the extreme elites who only choose to come and go? That alone speaks volumes to your original question imho.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I recently watched the doha debates ..www.sheentv.com...
I think my confusion is with with conflicting ideologies ..The west has no problem helping dictators of both stripes ..The fact that Saudi Arabia doesn't want democracy has nothing to do with and every thing to do with the people ..The Saudi Govt.say that if they had elections then the people would vote for Muslims . Iran in my view should decide all of the who's what's whens where's and whys ..If the people see it differently then they can vote .Democracy seems to have a friendly term about it but it is easier corrupted than a dictatorship .

"I can understand how some can say that. But let me ask you this. When will Iran stand up and take responsibility for the things they HAVE done to instill apprehension in their neighbors?" Slayer, I am sure you know that some US neighbours have the same concerns about them! I think its mostly a political game they play .divide and conquer .. Can you imagine the US and Saudi having a discussion about how both sides are supporting A-Qaeda ..??? When I try and get my little mind around some of what is being said and what is going on I get a big hurt .

Your question "When will Iran stand up and take responsibility for the things they HAVE done to instill apprehension in their neighbors?" When Isreal does it first ...Ther I said it ......peace

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
Your question "When will Iran stand up and take responsibility for the things they HAVE done to instill apprehension in their neighbors?" When Isreal does it first ...Ther I said it ......peace

I starred your post because I agreed with most of it except this part here.
So you're basically saying that Iran has carte blanche because of Israel?

If you feel that way please feel free to create a thread on that topic. This threads premise is about Iran owning up to THEIR actions which have instilled apprehensions in their Arab neighbors not about the US or Israel or even my cousin Vinnie.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

edit on 5-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There doesn't seem to be too much denial of the leaks....
Gulf leaders to meet as Iran nuclear fears loom

The leaked memos give a sense of drama that is normally absent from the annual summit of the Gulf Cooperation Council, or GCC, a six-nation bloc that typically focuses on economic issues and prefers behind-the-scenes dealings to address disputes in their own backyard.

But the group, dominated by powerful Saudi Arabia, may now feel pressure to publicly clarify its views on Iran. The leaked memos drove home that Saudis and other Gulf states with close ties to Washington view Tehran's nuclear program and its support of militants in the Middle East with serious alarm.

"The Gulf leaders know they are on the front lines against Iran. They make their fears known in private," said Sami Alfaraj, head of the Kuwait Center for Strategic Studies. "The summit in Abu Dhabi could give some clue if they are now willing to take a harder line in public."

edit on 5-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The Manama talks are taking place in Bahrain to discuss security in the Gulf with one of the big issues being the involvement of foreign powers, particularly when it comes to Iran. Can those powers help establish security, or should Gulf countries work it out on their own - remembering the mistrust that has been revealed by WikiLeaks?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It surprises me how much blind faith people here on ATS have for a country like Iran yet they always bash Israel for everything.

I couldn't care less about the two (they are both far from perfect), but to say that Iran is a victim and is innocent is beyond me.

What has happened to "Deny Ignorance"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join