It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Mystical Notes That Open The 3rd Eye

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The Hang in action.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
I actually meant "G flat" or "F sharp." The "b" is a symbol that means "flat" or dropped a half step from G. The note sequence is notes, yes, not chords. So it would be played as a melody.
You really should write it as F#... that makes more sense in terms of music theory, placing the sequence into a D Mixolydian mode.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JTime

Oh thanks for posting that too. I had heard of Hang drums before because a friend of mine played the didgeridoo with someone who had one of these drums. I also listen to a musician, Xavier Rudd, he's been one of my favorites for years now. I believe he's an Australian musician, he plays the didge like no other and I just realized some of his music also uses these Hang drums. He plays so many different instruments, usually by himself, like a "one man band". I've seen him live before, it was an insanely good show.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52efa62b12c8.jpg[/atsimg]
Has a pretty cool set up, no?
edit on 12/4/2010 by SpaceJ because: resized pic

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Obviously this won't work at A440 hz because that is a relatively new tuning standard, so playing this on your instruments at home won't work unless you have the ability to tune it down to A432.
Some info on A440 vs A432

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Surely it would make more sense here in this post, to start refering to the solffegio frequencies as what they really are, not a relation to a note currently used in our chromatic scale here on earth at this time. ?

Experimenting in these frequency ranges should only be done on instruments retuned to the ancient scale, not a reproduction of that on a regular instrument. A perfect example of somebody who does this is Scott Huckabay, he re-tunes his guitar to these frequencies with amazing results... the link is here here

Dr. Leonard & G. Horowitz lead the way in experimenting with solffegio, they have detailed information on how to re-tune a korg synth... Read more Synthesizer Re-tuning to the Perfect Circle of Sound™ here

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JTime

Thanks a lot for those links!

second verse same as the first.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Wow, thanks you so much for posting this video. I have never heard of this instrument before, but love it. The timbre is so smooth and relaxing. It goes to show that there are still great potentials for innovation in music. This almost sounds like Gamelon music from Bali.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The reason I prefer to think in flats is, if I remember music theory, it's a way to avoid double sharps, which are confusing. For example, it makes no sense to say "C##" when you can just say "D."

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JTime

Well solfège isn't going to do what you want it to do, because it IS all about the chromatic variants. (And yes, I'm fully trained on the Zoltán Kodály hand signs as well...)

I agree that the well tempered scale isn't ideal for this investigation though.

In this specific example, notice should be made of the C to F# tritone, and render that in regular frequencies.

I'll try to crunch the numbers in a bit and come back when I've got something...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JTime

Thanks for the link, I will definitely read up about this instrument and the culture surrounding it. I just watched Stewie's link of people playing it, and it sounds amazing. What an interesting instrument.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Right, but Gb doesn't show up in the circle of fifths until you've already passed Ab and Db, whereas F# is the first sharp to appear in a key signature.
edit on 2010.12.4 by JoshNorton because: added link

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Since I would just use a guitar to play these notes, I guess it would be possible to tune it to what you said. Tuning a synth sounds a little more tricky. Good point though, I'll look into it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I think it's more lke five notes.....as the "opening statement".

Then, the converstiaon starts.....:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Your very welcome my friend, i am happy to share my information.. I have had a passion for this subject for many many years. Glad people are like minded.. Have fun in your quest to discover.

Many late nights can be spent on this one ! I just hate the dissonant scale we are all taught today....

On a final note who has heard of Rik clay ? Im not that much into his work myself as i feel it was handed down info, but he was onto something..

before his death he was about to release some startling information about the music industry does anyone else remember this ? Guess what his parents were involved in ? yes you guessed it they owned a music production company and they were well clued up in this field as many of the elite are.

Its a shame Rik's death stopped the flow of this revalation and disclosure of the biggest conspiracy ever !!!

Here is the link to his parents buisness yes there involved

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
So is this about right?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So you said that thinking about it this way would enable you to link it to the D Mixolydian mode, hmm, interesting. I usually avoid playing or thinking modally because I'm more into melody, but you make an interesting point about the sequence fitting into a mode. Modes predate modern major and minor scales it's true, but I usually just play the major scale thinking in terms of melody. However, during improvisation, I've found modes to be a great way to spice things up.
edit on 4-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: missing letter

edit on 4-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: wrong word

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

The second "D" could be played an octave up so that you get the ascending feeling. Ahh Fruity Loops. Where would I be without it?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Classic scene. I was wondering if anyone would post this clip. It reminds me, I think the frequency might also be in this Tangerine Dream song. If you choose to, notice the melody in between the piano intro and the rest of the synth-laden song a couple minutes into it:

edit on 4-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: missing letter

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

No, the last note should be F#.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here are the First 2 songs from that CD the OP posted. They are in 100% lossless .FLAC files... enjoy

01 - Light My Fire Ball.flac
www.sendspace.com...

02 - Planet Billions of Light-Years Away.flac
www.sendspace.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join