It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange - Update?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have been doing my best to catch up on recent events. I have heard many mixed things. So I am going to lay my opinion down first, along with dis/info found.

I have gathered:

Julian Assange did not commit double rape. This is a media distraction to dehumanize him. This is also used as an excuse to call on Interpol to search for him (?).

He will be turned over to The U.S? - Does anyone have more information on this?

He has been found? - Can anyone present evidence, because I have not been able to find anything credible.

And Wikileaks has been funded by George Soros, member of the Bilderberg group.

--- This is what I have heard and found. I have no stance, besides the rape allegations, which I personally think are crap. It's very clear as to why they really want him.

If anyone has any more information, or perhaps would like to comment on some of the left-field rumors popping up on the side. I created this post because I have noticed only specific threads leaning towards conspiracy of the matter. I want evidence, and I think it's time we collaberate.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Many threads already with all that you ask..
Try the search function..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Been lurking here a while...and I could not help but notice how fast you move in trying to limit threads. Do you spend most of your time reading new posts and doing keyword searches or what? Are you appointed, or is this something you enjoy? Just curious. Have fun, fuhrer.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

I have noticed the same thing. I get the repeat thread issue, but it's nice to see more than one governed post on a topic. Then as if one person calling repeat isn't bad enough you get 30 ppl saying it and the thread never gets a chance. Poor ATS posters. Well thanks anyway ThinkingCap, for the post and your opinion!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste

Been lurking here a while...and I could not help but notice how fast you move in trying to limit threads. Do you spend most of your time reading new posts and doing keyword searches or what? Are you appointed, or is this something you enjoy? Just curious. Have fun, fuhrer.

lol, no mate..But it does get hard to follow an event when every Tom,Dick and Harry insists on starting another thread with no new information..
I just think they are chasing flags..Though I've never worked out why they bother...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 310thCommunications

I have noticed the same thing. I get the repeat thread issue, but it's nice to see more than one governed post on a topic. Then as if one person calling repeat isn't bad enough you get 30 ppl saying it and the thread never gets a chance. Poor ATS posters. Well thanks anyway ThinkingCap, for the post and your opinion!!!

Cool, you get all that in the one day you have been a member..?
Stick around, you'll see many more interesting things..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You don't have to be a member to read threads

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I have been a member since 08 actually. Just said that I was lurking. You just seemed a little mean about it, that's all. I do understand the point of the search function. Don't let it bother you that much. If you can't help it, apply for the mod position. I am sure they would not mind if you made your own uniform.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Is that avatar a pic of you, if it is, you seem to present your self as a bit of a opportunist in regard to others fears and feelings of inadequacies.

I don't care what anyone says I like the up date in reguard to Assange, and was looking to be up dated, but so far this thread has done nothing in for me in that.

No on likes a bullie, two wrongs never make a right.

I think black was refering to other persons post.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I just heard on C2CAM that Assange stated that there was some U.F.O. information still to be released somewhere in the cables...sounds interesting. What a strange case this is turning out to be. Really not quite sure what to make of all this yet.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Waco Foxtrot Tango....
Whatever Freud.

Here is a link to what I just referred to in the above post....Wikileaks U.F.O.
edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste because: Changed sentence structure.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here is the site that hosted the Q&A today Titled: "Julian Assange answers your questions"
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I have been a member since 08 actually. Just said that I was lurking. You just seemed a little mean about it, that's all. I do understand the point of the search function. Don't let it bother you that much. If you can't help it, apply for the mod position. I am sure they would not mind if you made your own uniform.

Fine, maybe every member here should start their own thread then there wouldn't be any arguments at all

Good idea..

And BTW, the OP is crazy anyway..
Whats this about??

Julian isn't wanted in the US..It's Sweden..!!!
So I must conclude the OP hasn't even been reading the multitude of other threads..
edit on 4-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Thank you for replying, I don't care about flags, there are enough flags in this world as there are. I am still not very savy on the internet, as far as credible websites, so I appreciate all input/suggestions. Though this post didn't add any real new information, I felt it was important have a post directly asking all of you what your thoughts or updates were on the subject. As I happen to hold a lot more salt in individuals over news articles (generally).

Guardian.co, thank you - great link.

Once again, I apologize if this post frustrates or angers you, I've been trying out this new way of thinking - using both sides of my brain. It's been helping me walk much more straight recently.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

You seem like you have a lot of time on your hands. Do you do other things here, besides nitpicking?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

You seem like you have a lot of time on your hands. Do you do other things here, besides nitpicking?

I'm actually cooking dinner right now..

Is pointing out the fact that the OP doesn't know the facts regarding their post considered "nit picking" ???

I thought it was debating the facts..What ATS is here for..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

But thank you. I had either heard or read some where today that he was going to be turned over to the U.S - which I thought was crazy, causing me to put a question mark before asking said quote. You cannot deny for a second how much of what we read and hear is false, this is why it is important to ask these questions. I assumed you would be more inclined to share what you found was true, rather than complain that you have seen this genre of topic before.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Fine, maybe every member here should start their own thread then there wouldn't be any arguments at all

Good idea..

And BTW, the OP is crazy anyway..
Whats this about??

Julian isn't wanted in the US..It's Sweden..!!!
So I must conclude the OP hasn't even been reading the multitude of other threads..
edit on 4-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

I would imagine at some point in time in the near future the U.S. would want to launch their own investigation and would issue an arrest warrant for Julian Assange due to the "theft and publication" of classified U.S. documents. So in a way that one little line the op stated really doesn't show his lack of knowledge to the subject. But it sure adds credibility to the case against you for nitpicking.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Well I think we need an "update thread" so I hope this one gets designated as such.
This whole "Wikidrips" thing could get very interesting.

I posted this in another thead, but thought it fits with this thread.
About 1 hour ago, this hit the news.

WikiLeaks founder 'sends out 100,000 copies of secret files as insurance'

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has revealed that he has sent out 100,000 encrypted versions of secret files in case anything happens to him.

Assange acknowledged there had been death threats against him and his colleagues because of the damaging leaks. He told for the first time of the insurance policy he had put in place to ensure that his whistleblowing website will not be silenced, whatever drastic steps may be taken by his enemies.
sify.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This article is not breaking or new but might be the source of where you heard the U.S. is looking to detain him.

CNN

(CNN) -- U.S. authorities may be looking for just the right moment to try to detain WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who is the subject of a wanted-persons alert sent to police agencies around the world, CNN's senior legal analyst said Wednesday. Assange is wanted in Sweden on suspicion of rape and sexual molestation. The United States, meanwhile, is conducting a criminal investigation into his website's disclosure of thousands of secret U.S. diplomatic cables. Some U.S. politicians have called for Assange to face charges related to the leaks, and prosecutors already may have obtained a sealed arrest warrant, said Jeffrey Toobin, CNN's senior legal analyst. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs declined to comment on that possibility when asked Wednesday about it on CNN's "American Morning."

<<   2  3 >>

join