It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange - Update?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

However, it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs.

Well, that's something to look forward to. Let us hope it's very juicy
edit on 4-12-2010 by Gumerk because: correct presentation

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

General: If there needs to be a debate, then that is one option. But I would rather have us discuss this together without pulling our chainsaws out.

-- Interesting. I am still on the fence about who is the real bad guy in this situation. The concept of "transparent government" sounds almost like an oxymoron to me. This Wikileaks apears to be a real dung sturring cog in the war machine, dispite the fact that I believe it should have always been out on the table. I don't advocate holding back the truth, but sometimes holding back one's tongue can prevent wars.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

But it sure adds credibility to the case against you for nitpicking.

Sorry mate..You have been here since 2008. Obviously you know better..

In future I will never question an OP even though the facts are incorrect..
Pardon my mistake..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I am not one for debates. I just posted a news article.
Are you referring to my signature?

Anywhoo, I dont have typical opinions about this whole Wikilieaks drama.

Examples... I agree with Ron Paul and his stance.

I disagree with Senator Lieberman and his actions.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I am not trying to be rude or holier than thou with you, but at least give the guy a chance before completely bashing his thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

"U.S. politicians have called for Assange to face charges related to the leaks, and prosecutors already may have obtained a sealed arrest warrant, said Jeffrey Toobin, CNN's senior legal analyst. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs declined to comment on that possibility when asked Wednesday about it on CNN's "American Morning."

Wow, that is a much more clear version than I stumbled upon earlier today. So the senior legal analyst says they've got a warrant, does this means the Swiss will still need to turn him over to U.S before they are allowed to torture him with loud pop music for his sources?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

no comrade, I am still new at this "reply to" - so I just put "general:" before I wrote that. Still getting used to this layout. Haha.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Thats funny lol, I don't know but coming from a legal analyst it must mean something. At least I'd put more stock in it than just coming from a commentator.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The issue is that I am not presenting anything as fact, maybe I didn't word the question properly. I clearly could have spent another minute on the opening thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

"U.S. politicians have called for Assange to face charges related to the leaks, and prosecutors already may have obtained a sealed arrest warrant, said Jeffrey Toobin, CNN's senior legal analyst. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs declined to comment on that possibility when asked Wednesday about it on CNN's "American Morning."

Wow, that is a much more clear version than I stumbled upon earlier today. So the senior legal analyst says they've got a warrant, does this means the Swiss will still need to turn him over to U.S before they are allowed to torture him with loud pop music for his sources?

Firstly Please note the word "may"..
Second, on what charge?
Third. How will the Swiss turn him over when he is in the UK ?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Comrade.
Thanks.

I just find it interesting that Wikileaks can get out that many encrypted files so quickly, when it seems that the releases are as described, and again to the OP very well done good work S&F.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Or even a "U.S Politician" right before, right? I enjoy the fact that this is out in the open, it at least allows us to discuss what is happening right now. And furthermore, I don't think any government appreciates having to do their work out in the open. This double-rape charge is what keeps me unsure as to which way the guillotine should swing - it's obviously a load of bull.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

That my friend I cannot answer as I didn't write the article. But I do understand the questions you have. Gut feeling tells me that the legal analyst is right though that they are well prepared and have a plan in motion which probably includes an arrest warrant.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I agree, I'd DJ the bad music torture if I knew Assange would scream "Soros" in the end. But there are many out there with very relinquishing documents, you add compliments from the media and it only makes it that much easier. Also makes it easier to wonder who's lap the real documents have fallen in to - or perhaps if this is what is on Assange's "private reserve" back-up plan.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I don't know about how well the Swiss and the U.S have gotten along in the past, but I do notice they both don't appear to appreciate what Assange has been doing.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Mate, I am honestly not attacking you but here are some facts..

1) Before the leaks the Swiss charges were initially dropped.
2) Julian/Wiki did NOT steal the files.
3) NO official is yet to say any files are fake.
4) No MSM has ever been convicted of posting leaked information.
5) US officials HAVE called for Julians assasination.

Now if you were Julian would YOU hand yourself over or hide??

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Are we speaking the same language? Because I don't see where we are having a disagreement...

...But I will pick door number 5!

Which U.S officials have called for his assassination?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Are we speaking the same language? Because I don't see where we are having a disagreement...

...But I will pick door number 5!

Which U.S officials have called for his assassination?

Mate many do want it..Maybe I should have said American officials which then includes Canada etc..
Or the bimbo Palin..
But is that the only point of the 5 that I made that you question?
So are you agreeing with the other 4?

They are really more relevant..
edit on 4-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Sure buddy.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Sure buddy.

So does that post mean you agree with the first 4 point?
Don't go all vague on me now...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join