It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love my life!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I thought for once on ATS I would start a feel good thread where everyone can come and discuss what they love about their lives. So many threads deal with negativity, about how bad someone has it or how we are all doomed. In this sea of turmoil I wish this to be a shining light for all those who wish to let others know that life is more good than bad, and that in the end everything works out.

Let me start by saying that I live what many would consider a stressful life. I am a 26 year old IS analyst that is making about 35k a year and have been the past three years with no raises or bonuses, though in my contract those were promised yearly. I am about $14,000 in unsecured dept from credit cards, have a 12 year old car that has many problems but cannot afford a new one. After paying all of my expenses at the end of the month, including kids stuff and groceries, I have maybe $200 dollars to my name that is generally spent on cigs and emergencies( I rarely drink). I have lost more sleep wondering how i am going to pay for things, and cried too many times wondering how I can give my boys a better life than I had.(I am a 6'6" 290 lb man, so yeah)

But everyday I wake up and realize just how good I have it, without even comparing it to others situations. I have a good steady job that will further my career when move on, i have a nice apartment that has everything we need, I have a wonderful partner (soon to be fiance) whom is my best friend and closet confidant, two wonderful sons who are just the best (2 1/2 yr old and a 4 month old), loving parents who are divorced, and a goofy black lab named Murphy who is always happy to see me. The few friends I have are like family, people I know I can rely on, and I thank God that I am in relatively good health (I need to quit smoking, but smoke only five cigs a day now). I look around and i see so many unhappy people, who oddly enough will smile at even the smallest compliment or conversation. I have spoken to so many people who just need someone else, someone they may not even know, to just take the time to aknowledge them and speak to them. I honestly believed that a hug and a smile can solve a world of problems for most, if not make their day just a little better.

You see love is simply the only and irrefutable truth to life, other than physical death and taxes.

So I want everyone who can cut through the miasma of hate a sorrow to tell me what it is you love about your life. What gets you out of bed in the morning really, what gets you excited and makes you smile?

My goal with this thread is to promote an overall good feeling in knowing that you are an awesome person (and you are) and that people CARE about you and how you feel.
If you think this is a ridiculous thread please say so, but i hope most understand the message i am trying to send.

To everyone, have a great day!
edit on 3-12-2010 by Mikemp44 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

Awesome post. I feel good about myself as well. I've lost two jobs due to downsizing since 2009, but I worked my butt off to get the position I'm in now. It's great.

I have a VERY tough time believeing the people who complain here have really put the effort into getting what they want out of life. I bet most don't even know what they want, so they just take on the "I hate everything stance"

I'm interested to see where this post goes

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I am 22 year old that is currently in College, didn't learn very much because I partied too much, still about 2 years to go to get my bachelor. My grades is #, my gf is out of the country. Hate it or love it I'm still going ride this life like I'm on crack.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Sounds like you and I are on the same page.

I agree, many just put on the facade of hatred, even though in their heart they know how much love and happiness exists in their life. Thanks for the reply and congrats on working your way to where you are, you earned it!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm afraid of shadows, so I don't visit the bathroom, and urinate on the carpet.

That's neither good nor bad, though.

Let me try again.

I enjoy giving people incorrect street directions, so that they arrive late or not at all.

I also like it when old schoolmates die. Now my version of events is the only one extant, free of their slanderous imputations.

Plus, both of those enjoyments are free!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeBoss

Don't worry man, your roller coaster has just begun my friend!

My grades were crap throughout most of college, let me tell you the most important thing is growing with experience and getting that damned degree! Once you have the degree it doesn't matter how well you performed, the point is you did it! Keep it up man, and don't worry so much about the girl. I was in a relationship for three years, was cheated on twice and then left in the dust with $5,00 in debt. met my current girl 6 months later and we ahve a family; I have never been happier.
Life will work out for you, it always does...

Cheers

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LeonDBelfort

Your post really made me laugh! Thanks for your input, even though that might be negative to the person you directions too, you may have inadvertantly sent them on a trip they would never forget! As for the urinating on carpets.... well it may kill the dust mites and other critters there, so another bonus!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Hey Mikemp44, thanks for sharing your thoughts and encouraging inspiration and positivity.
One thing that has brought me much joy recently is playing music with others. We have drum circles and freestyle jams with no intention other than letting the music lead us, which makes for an interesting process resulting in comments from all of us about how what we do takes us to places musically that we have not been before.

Another source of joy is nature photography because not only does it put me directly into beauty and awe, I get to capture part of those moments forever.

I also started cooking good wholesome meals that take time to prepare using good ingredients. I feel so much better putting some thought into what goes into my body , and choosing to eat healthy has been uplifting.

And finally, ATS is a community that I am glad to be a part of and is the only cyber playground that I feel at home and look forward to chiming in as well as seeing what other like-minded peeps bring onboard.
Oh yea, my dog Zinn...life would not be the same without her.

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am 49 and life still has me amazed. I live in a marina and everyday is a wonder. Winter floods (had one yest.) bad weather, disasters and the PTB have never been able to dampen the spirit. Wake up in my world and life is a truly blessed thing.
"My best wishes for you and yours"

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I think this is a great thread, Mike! Too many people wallow in doom and gloom. My husband is very negative and pessimistic. I've been trying to help him be less stressful, but he just can't seem to function in a happy space. I, on the other hand, am very happy and grateful for where we are at. I worked extremely hard to get here and feel really good about my life path, place, and direction. I've had a hard life, like many, but have been lucky to make it through to a secure place after much hard work.

I know we are entering a difficult meltdown, possibly worse, but I have great faith in the American people. I think we will succeed with civil disobedience, passive resistance and unified actions, peaceful protests. Crash JP Morgan, buy silver!

I'm happy to be living during this pivotal point in human history and look forward to every tomorrow, grateful for every new day.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The only thing i love is that i was awakened at 17 by uk gov and police to what the world was.

Not much more to say, but thats the only positive thing i can say about this world.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Now a good indicator of the current mind state of the ATS community is, look at how a post called "I hate my life" receives far more attention (stars,flags,posts) then one called "I love my life". Sad but true. Kind of makes me want to stop visiting this site. Say WW3 is popping off, or Aliens are here, or some other far reaching comment and people eat it up.

Anyways, like the post, made me smile inside. Thanks!

PS. I love that I am working towards my goals everyday, and remaining focused on them!
edit on 3-12-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am very happy right now for many reasons. I have a roof over my head, food and a job. I may despise my job but I am thankful that I have the chance to make money. I don't have a dime to my name but I am still happy. I don't need money or material things to make me happy.

I am also happy that I have a wonderful man in my life who makes me feel like a million bucks and that is better than all the money in the world.

I have my schooling which is bettering my life and I couldn't be happier. I am a very happy person and if I get upset it doesn't last but five mins because I think of how things could be worse.

I know so many people who are just miserable and it's always over money and not having it. I just can't understand why people feel they need money to be happy. Isn't having a place to live and food in you belly and loved ones enough? Why do people only feel complete and happy when they can buy material items? I have never understood that part of the human species. I guess it's because I was raised not to value money like most. I have it for the necessities and that is it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
[color=MediumSpringGreen]YES, RAINBOWS AND CANDY!!!

Life is GREAT for us [color=darkviolet]ex-middle-class-folks, I''ll tell ya!!!!!!

I found a way to reuse coffee grinds for 4 days straight, I finally got used to water instead of milk in my cereal, I now reuse foil, zip lock bags and paper towels. I got used to drinking water with pizza which I order after saving up 3 months worth of change to buy it!! Right now I am trying very hard to discover a way to reuse toilet paper to help the budget, but that one I am finding hard to figure out...

LIFE IS GREAT!!!

Now once we can get those poor poor millionaires their big tax breaks, the world will be complete. What a life, how wonderful.

I get the [color=Magenta]wonderful opportunity to work [color=gold]three jobs doing the [color=salmon]duties of 5 employees at each job, to just BARELY squeak by with the BARE necessities in life, while sleeping only 4 hours a night, Never getting the chance [color=MediumSeaGreen]to see my children grow up , but heck, as long as my wealthy [color=deepskyblue]bosses and other CEO's and millionaires everywhere can afford a [color=lawngreen]brand new yacht, personal jet and exotic car every 6 months, heck, LIFE IS WONDERFUL.

And Republicans EVERYWHERE agree!!!

Isnt [color=cyan]America just wonderful folks!!!

HOORAY FOR THE [color=lawngreen]USA!!!

HOORAY, [color=yellowgreen]RAINBOWS AND CANDY EVERYWHERE!!!

Good times indeed!!!!
edit on 3-12-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am breathing, and the sun is still coming up every day...
Mmm, life couldn't be better

Good thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jontap

Your post cracked me up. I wish you luck in finding a way to reuse toilet paper. I actually tried reusing coffee grounds not too long ago, needless to say, it didn't work too well.

My family started recycling when the economy got worse, and that makes me happy because I'd always wanted to but never had the helping hand of everyone else in the house to keep up with it. I love our house because it's very old and off the beaten path and has trees unlike the suburbia I grew up in. I love that I have enough space for a huge garden now, and a place to keep compost for the garden and rain barrels to make it more cost friendly. I love that I can ride my bike down the road out here and not really worry about getting taken out by a crazy driver like in the city. I love photography and I'm grateful for it because I don't have to work a 9-5 schedule.

Annnnd, I love my cat who likes to watch me type, and this glass of wine, though the more wine I have the more he starts to look like a creepier version of the cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland...

Good times.

Just wanted to add that I think the reason so many more people were replying to the "I hate my life thread" is probably more because they wanted to lend the kid some positivity, not because everyone wants doom and gloom. I mean that's why I responded to that thread anyway. Can't speak for anyone else. But good idea for a post OP. I also have a a big goofy dog, but she's a labradane. She has the energy of a lab put into a dane's body, she is like a bulldozer if you aren't careful! I love her to death. We should never forget to think of what we do have.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My life as I knew it ended about 10 years ago. Up until that time, I had never had any responsibility that I "manned" up to. I was living in a psychological hole, and wasn't aware of it. I was married at the time, to someone that I'd spent nearly half of my life with - and when that ended, everything went downhill for me.
For three or four years, I was jobless, relying on my parents to provide me with enough to keep the power bill on. I was addicted to meth, and actually arrested for the manufacture of it - for which I did time.
My "rebirth" happened sometime in 2001, I think, when I met the woman I'm married to now. I've no idea why she was attracted to me - I had absolutely nothing to offer but companionship, and even that was lacking in sobriety. I had two kids from the first marriage, they were 'tweens' at this time, mostly living between my house, my moms house, and their moms house.
This girl I met, was an absolute bitch to me. She didn't like my smoking. She didn't like my drug use. She didn't like my laziness, and she reminded me constantly that I was living in a "black hole". She got pregnant. I got arrested (not because she got pregnant, she was legal). Too much stuff happens at this point to go into any great detail, but after a year & a half with her, I went away for a year and a half.
When I once again re-entered society, I had nothing but the clothes on my back - the rest of my stuff had either been stolen or given away. Mostly stolen. My house had been sold, and I lived with mom & dad until I had saved enough money to rent a place. We were poor. If it weren't for government help, we would have starved...only this time I was actually trying, I did have a job. Me & the girl were still together, and the child we had was nearly 2 when I got out. We were living in a 35 year old single wide trailer eating 3 dollar meals just to stretch our budget when I finally made up my mind...or my wife made it up for me....oh yeah, I skipped the part where we got married, but we did that too. Courthouse, justice of the peace style. "You need to start your own business" she said...over & over & over. "I'm scared to" I said. See...I didn't have much faith in myself.
Finally I landed a job as a computer tech making a whopping $6.25 an hour. I saw this as an opportunity. I showed up early for work, worked late, worked weekends, kissed customers butts - I made FRIENDS with them. One thing that I do possess in my favor is an almost unnatural ability to diagnose & fix computers. Laptops...I can strip them to the bare frame & fix most anything with a standard soldering iron. And fast. Like...a 24 hour turnaround - now it sounds like I'm bragging and maybe I am, a little...anyway. For a year I worked at this place, I had written a trouble-ticket program to keep up with customers names, numbers, job performed, and it printed out tickets and receipts...the manager loved it and we used it everyday. I happened to win the favor of a gentleman who had a small vacant building next to one of his businesses. He told me the same thing my wife told me. I said..."dude, I don't have the money to do that" - and he offered me his building first months rent FREE, AND said he would loan me 1,000 if I would pay him back in three months. I said ok. I took my customer database with me & on day 1 started calling customers. SIX months later, I had five full time employees and had just bought a brand new four bedroom house in the country. Six months after that I FIRED everyone, and moved into another building across town. A year later, I opened up another business in another state and wound up selling the previous one to a former employer of mine.
For the past five years now, I've not ONCE had to think about whether or not I would be able to pay the power bill, the phone bill, the water bill - buy gas or groceries. We aren't rich, and as a matter of fact, we live almost like paupers. I work from home in a converted garage and rake in nearly (on average) around 2 grand per week. I walk through a door and I'm home. I'm with my kids at all times, wife too.
I am content. I have a loving wife, loving children, absolutely no financial woes of any kind, and about 1,500 local people who trust me to get the job done right whenever their computer fails. I meet new customers for the first time & they tell me that several different people have recommended me, all having spoken highly of me.
We've instilled such values in our children, that usually whenever we go out, they insist that we buy toys to drop off into the donation boxes for needy children. They are aged 7 and 5. To have a child begging for a toy is one thing, when they are begging to buy a toy for someone who might not otherwise have one, is something completely different.
I could have done many things different in my life, that would have saved a lot of people a lot of pain. Once I realized the true potential of my abilities, I stepped out and made my life into something a lot better than it had ever been. I could stop working right now, and without making another single dime, continue living as I am for at least two more years - maybe more. That may not be saying much, but when you've been down to scrounging for change in the couch cushions for money to buy a bag of the cheapest diapers the store has - it does mean something.
I love my life because I get to do what I excel at in one moment, and the next moment I can take a 15 minute break to step out the side door & toss the ball around with the kids.
I live in an environment that is 45 minutes from the beach, and summer is 8 months out of the year.
There is sunshine, palm trees, and winters where the temp rarely drops below 45 F.
We don't drive the newest car - it's probably 13 years old or so - but it works fine, good mileage, and we had to save ZERO cents to go buy it straight out. It's when you realize that the best things in life aren't really things at all, and the things you consider to be the little things will later on be realized to have been the big things; that's when the understanding of what being happy is really begins.
While some of this may have seemed like a bragging session, it hasn't been. I treat everyone as equals until they treat me otherwise. Quite frequently, I will fix computers for free. Quite frequently, I will make a donation to a school, or other local group engaged in what I believe to be positive. I flaunt nothing. I don't want for much. I need for nothing. I love my life. I also love to see other people loving their lives.
I'm pretty sure this rambling mess of nonsense means nothing to anyone else but me, but it's MY life. I love it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I LOVE the power of our minds. Just as our lives can change in an instant from heavy negativity to heavy positivity, we can reset our minds and accept what we are in a matter of seconds, even if we don't know what we are in words. People who are always harboring negative energy need to learn about the power of their mind. You are in power. If you do not wish darkness, there shall be none.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I just bought a new apartment. So i am lovin' that about life.
Everyone in my family, they are all doing well, and are all healthy. Lovin that too.
I gave blood again, after a break due to a tattoo. I love that I can do that again.

I love that I can come on ATs and read amazing stuff like This:post by sykickvision

Love it, well done.
edit on 4/12/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jontap

WOW, if you work so much how do you have time for ATS?????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join