It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love my life!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

grat story. 2 grand a week is about 100 grand a year, not bad

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by jontap

WOW, if you work so much how do you have time for ATS?????

I do get a couple "time-outs" (half hour breaks) from life every 3 weeks to where I can browse the topics here on the forums. By the way, this is my first login (and 1st view of this forum) since that post.

So I do get a TINY break from life sometimes....
edit on 9-12-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

How sad that this thread earned only seven flags so far (well, that was before I stopped by :-)), while threads displaying hair-rising stupidity and ignorance often garner tens of them in a matter of hours, and hundreds of them in a matter of days...

And yet, it could be argued, a negative frame of mind could be interpreted as a sort of "conspiracy" in certain milieux.
I have met people - very briefly, needless to say
- and entire families who perceived a generally "positive", happy-go-lucky attitude almost as an affront, as indecent behaviour, even though there was nothing particularly tragic about their own circumstances (with the notable exception of their frame of mind)

As can be gathered from the posts in this thread, more or less difficult circumstances do not automatically translate into unhappiness, nor does a life of leisure automatically translate into happiness.

I have read every single post in this thread, and found it very worth my while.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ah.....

I have a pretty negative attitude. Alot of very bad things have happened to me.

I am not really angry - just - fearful? I don't know. I NEVER relax.

Do you remember that scene in the Indian Jones movie where he's running and the big stone ball is rolling after him?

That is how I would describe my entire life.

I do appreciate what I have, but what I am fixated on is that its all going to go......

That stone ball is ever rolling, and looking for ME!

I'm also highly paranoid of people. I too would like to have some kind of 'life partner' to help me - but I consider myself a failure at this and basically gave up.

I literally worry about people plotting against me because people HAVE plotted against me. I'm telling you, if I wrote out the story of my life - no one would believe it.

And now I am very very tired. I used to "pick myself up" and try again, but I'm at the point where I just can't anymore.

I just do not know what to do. Supposedly this is some kind of "zen" state but I call it utter blank confusion and I don't like it one bit.

But then again, I've pretty much stopped caring also. Really burnt out on everything. Can't catch a break. Like I even really try anymore anyway.

Yeah, I know I should "appreciate what I have" - but - meh? And everything falls apart continuously so then you stop having positive feelings and just become paranoid I guess.

You're never disappointed when you don't care.

I have to go back to watching for the giant stone ball now, probably should feed the wolves at the door too.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well this is a lovely thread!

Im glad to say for the first time in my life I am truly happy. I have a wonderful boyfriend who treats me and my son absolutely great. He's always there for me, cheers me up, and I just love him so much. Im happy to have my son in my life he means the world to me. I have a job which is always good. I just love life.

Its important no matter what to find something that makes you happy. Even when you think theres nothing to smile about, there always is. You just have to find it. Wake up with a smile. Enjoy everyday.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sorry guys, haven't posted anything in a while, but I would just like to say thank you for everyone who came on and shared why you love your life.

I just want to wish all of you a happy and healthy full life and that I am so happy I'm not the only one who can cut through the negative and see the love. Sounded corny, I know, but its true. Thanks so much everyone!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
When I finally figured out what life is all about, I sat back and relaxed for the first time ever.

Then I got this tap on the shoulder that let me know that other folks might want to sit back and relax too, so I needed to take a period of time to let them know what I know.

That's where I am right now, and while I get pissed here and there with some people and their need to keep people lined up behind them, for the most part I kinda enjoy the struggle I got handed. In the end, I can't lose anything whatsoever, and that helps when the sh*t starts getting deep and sludgy. It gets pretty fun at times, though.

I can't complain - but that probably won't stop me from crybabying every now and then. They might've done better with someone else, but it's not like I'm not grateful.
edit on 2/10/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ahhhh synchronicity! I ate lunch with my father today, and he pointed out that reading conspiracy stuff all the time brings me down. He is right to some extent. All the time I read about NWO, and a wide variety of apocalyptic futures. It is unhealthy if you let it control your mood. I realized that I needed to come in with a positive attitude. Just like I try and smile at strangers, and hold open doors for people in the real world I should do the same here. Instead of trying to prove others wrong, or argue endlessly I should try constructive thoughts. I like many on this site have a heavy temperament. I take the woes of the world onto my shoulders. It has always been this way for me. I too battled addiction, and was in my own black hole. Since I have moved forward, cleaned up, and had many wonderful experiences. I have a wonderful family, friends, and I am not going hungry. Soon I will be spending the last bit of money I have to get to South America for a job teaching english. The chance to do this is such a gift, and I am excited. It pays a few thousand a year, but living in the third world is cheap. Tomorrow I take the GRE in hopes that once I return I may go on to more school. I am little stressed, but a couple years ago I would have been freaking out.

I think negativity fuels negativity. For me it was a drug of sorts. I was addicted to unhappiness. It was not like I said I wanna be pissed today, but subconsciously I guess I was. Eventually I was so unhappy that I quit my job , and left the country to live at a small ngo. Some good people along my path gave me love, and welcomed me in to their hearts. This allowed me to open mine. I realized that I did not have to live life with a heavy heart. The past was the past. Reliving it was not gonna make my mistakes right. I had to come to terms with the past to let my future be free to develop in a positive way. Today I too can say I LOVE MY LIFE!!! Thank you for reminding me how wonderful I have it. Sometimes I forget, and thinking about it is great.

Anyone out there who is unhappy! Many of the people who posted on this thread were too once . You do not have to be. Trust me life is tremendous gift. I lived in pain for too long, and I know how much it sucks. It does not have to be this way. If your having tough times look at what is good in life. Maybe it is just having shelter, or a meal in your belly. Maybe it is a pet, or a friend. Whatever in your life gives you peace appreciate that part. Concentrate on it, and use it to strengthen you through the hard parts. I am not saying your path to peace will be easy or painless, but it is part of the ride. Once you get past it you will be so much the better. Take strength from the fact that it will get better. If anyone needs anything feel free to message me. There were times when I sure could have cleared my slate to someone willing to listen.

Take care everyone

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join