It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weather is officially wacked.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
West Coast of Scotland here and I must admit that the severe weather affecting the UK is missing the Ayrshire area. A light dusting of snow and -3 overnight is all we are getting...this in itself is strange. There was a thread yesterday that showed a sat map of the Uk with the one small part between Glasgow and Girvan being green in a solid sea of white Uk wide.

What Im finding more worrying is the changes in wildlife all over the world the last few years. From birds not migrating or getting lost by thousands of miles, to various animal spieces being found dead on mass.

I understand those who say the weather is cyclicle but there is more to the changes than meets the eye.

Respects

Having my mother in law over from Glassgow at the moment, she was saying how it was like this over 20 years ago.
Currently in Aus we have what may appear to be strange weather and I almost fell off my chair when I heard a presenter being honest and said that anyone under 25 years old will not remember weather like this because it has been about that long since we had our last La Nina.

Cyclical and nothing more

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The freakin sun was out of control yesterday. Soooooo bright, couldn't look anywhere near it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm in Nebraska, USA. Last Sunday I was on a long car ride home through Iowa from Thanksgiving dinner. It was warm, close to fifty degrees Fahrenheit. We left early and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I started to watch the airplane "con"trails.

They blanketed the area, going in and back out of an approaching "cloud". It was wholly unnatural (in flight patterns, sheer number of planes, the fact that the trails were in one small section of the sky, the fact that other planes were leaving short trails, etc...). In two hours, the entire sky was clouded over.

An hour after that, the wind started to blow. By the end of the day the winds were gusting to 40 mph.

The next day it snowed about 3 inches.

The day after that, it was 45 degrees again.

It's been warm since then. Clear, too.

There's also that big sunspot thing coming our way...

It may be impossible to determine if the weather is off in some unnatural way, but I agree that it feels strange. The older folks in my life say it's weird.

Keep looking up. Watch the sky. Let's see if we can find another/more/any trends to this weather change business...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I live in South Carolina and it is cooler than normal here. Next week they are forecasting highs in the 40's. That's typical January heart of the winter weather except for a few very brief cold spells where it may snow. We did have some warmer than normal weather a couple of months ago and some even last month. Now it seems like winter arrived. Yesterday had so much frost it looked like we just about had a dusting of snow.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Must be nice, it's snowing, cold and dreary here in Illinois.

Was unseasonably warm for November, our city even planted a trees on our street last week.

edit on 4-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
QLD, Australia here. VERY different weather this spring/summer to what we've had in the recent past. Today i was out in a car that had the outside temp at 21C! (69F) On December 4th! in Queensland! I read in the paper the other day it was South-East QLD's first spring ever where we didn't have a day over 30C (86F) Usually by now we would have had a couple of hot hot days at least, and it's raining heaps too, lots of floods inland, again in the same paper said that 800 flood warnings have been issued in QLD this year, the highest ever. just 3 years ago our dam was at 16% or around that, not they have to empty it because it's overflowing!

Am not complaining though, although I think it's because we've finally bought a house with a pool, and now it's too bloody cold to use it! ;p

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Remind me to post a few pictures from Kansas.
Funny lines in the sky, I'd be happy to share sometime Sunday.
Also OP, I think that colorado is going to have some record lows in January. Be prepared for cars that won't start!

A.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

All that and you're gonna lose the Ashes. Oh well!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
We're in the south (Memphis, TN area) - Record breaking heat this past summer. I think it was like 3 weeks or so of temps above 100 degrees. This week predictions, highs upper 30's to low 40's and lows expected in the 20's or below. Needless to say I have all my sweaters and my heavy coat ready.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Im from sydney, and weather here has been mush diffrent than past years. It should nomally be really sunny and hot, but the skies been grey for almost a week, and even raining. This never happens this time of year here. Even the night sky seems diffrent.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Glad to see all the different locations and replies with different observations! Thanks for the un-derailing contribution to this thread everyone! Good science isn't in reciting and repeating "scientific laws and facts" its good observation!

Thanks for the contribution all!

~sly~
edit on 5-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

Edit: weather last couple days here since post has cooled to what could be more "normal December temperatures" Still sunny most of the day though. No precip, its dry dry dry, but it usually is really dry here in Colorado.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I don't globally live far from CO, I'm Wichita KS. It is very wack. Its chilly in the morning, but I changed into shorts when I got home. Ditched the coat by high noon. Its been this way for a few months. With the exception of a few blasted cold days. We, as well, normally should have had some winter storms by now. AND, as I was getting dressed today, the weather channel was on. I walk by the tv, and it showed the whole east U.S covered by deep frost. (Including my town) that's the only reason I grabbed my coat. And I noticed yesterday, the birdies are all chirping all day. Like spring time. Weird weird. But it does feel like spring in the Midwest

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well it looks like Colorado got hosed again on the weather front. (we tend to like snow, here) Apparently almost all of the US is experiencing a cold snap today, even in Florida!

www.cnn.com...

Meanwhile, it's nearly 50 degrees in the Springs, no participation to speak of, unless in the high mountains.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's about 23 degrees in the Memphis, TN area.. High tomorrow expected to be 31 degrees. I don't mid it so much since it's near Christmas, though.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I also live in Colorado Springs (well, Manitou Springs, actually) and have never experienced weather like this so late in the year. We're having May weather in December. Makes me wonder what May is gonna be like.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
Is the weather normal where you are?

No. It is far from it.

It is summer here, and it is not unusual to have temperatures around 35-45 degrees celcius. It has been quite cold - and continuous at that. Today it only reached 19.

And it doesn't look like returning to normal soon. Here are the forecasts for the next week for Adelaide:

Tuesday 21st December - 22
Wednesday 22nd - 28
Thursday 23rd - 29
Friday 24th - 31
Christmas day - 34
Sunday 26th - 28
Monday 27th - 26

The previous week has been:

Monday 13th - 24.2
Tuesday 14th - 32.4
Wednesday 15th - 21.7
Thursday 16th - 22.5
Friday 17th - 21.4
Saturday 18th - 19.8
Sunday 19th - 17.6

The weather is definately not normal here, and a lot of people have noticed it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Here is another thread about how it is snowing in Australia - during our summer!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join