It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul stands up for Julian Assange

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Ron Paul stands up for Julian Assange

www.politico.com

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) is taking a stand as one of Julian Assange’s few defenders in Washington, arguing that the WikiLeaks founder should get the same protections as the media.

Paul said the idea of prosecuting Assange crosses the line.
“In a free society we're supposed to know the truth,” Paul said.

“This whole notion that Assange, who's an Australian, that we want to prosecute him for treason. I mean, aren't they jumping to a wild conclusion?” he added. “This is media, isn't it? I mean, why don't we prosecute The New York Times or anybody that releases this?”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The comment is made towards the end, and I wanted to make a thread on this because it makes a very good point.

Though he seems to stand alone in the arena of sanity, it's still good to know that at least one elected official believes in truth.

If anything, he almost called Assange a hero, not really but kinda with the comparisons he made in the end.

The entire thing is quite of web of craziness, because it may be possible that Mossad is behind the leaks, still the release of news with secret sources is nothing new in journalism.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I don't get what the "big" secrets that were leaked..... Iran got help with it's nuclear ambitions???? Gasp! Saudi Arabia want's us to attack Iran???? Gasp!! Putin is a dictator and Medvedev is his "Robin"??? Gasp!!! The United States is not squeaky clean??? Gasp!!!

None of it is really earthshaking stuff to me. Show me some aliens or some fusion devices, then I'll gasp.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yes.
The US wants to prosecute an Australian for treason. How?

Does that mean that the US will deliver Dick Cheney to the Nigerians for prosecution as well?

That would be a lovely Christmas.
edit on 3-12-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Before Assange, all those things were rumours. Assange has confirmed those rumours to be true.

He is messing with people that shouldn't be messed with. They are far too powerful for him to take them down. He will disappear off the face of the earth and no one will even question it. The bank reports he has, will never be released. You can't attack the wealth of america and expect to tell the grandkids. He's as good as dead. Probably is already, they'll just continue the imaginary manhunt for the next decade, they have a new face of terror to control us with. Yay.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Some of the files I have heard contain things like what the US is saying about other countries which could pose a national security problem

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I know, this might seem confusing, but I absolutely support Ron Paul, and he is right.
I also think Wikileaks is a CIA Front

And if Julian is not a citizen of the U.S. how could he be charged with Treason.

This is a powderkeg of a situation, for sure.

Wednesday Lieberman really went out on a limb, and with one phone call intimidated Amazon into
choking Wikileaks. Video Of Lieberman Himself

Consider this. Just days before Lieberman choked Wikleaks, he said he did not think they were a terroist organization. Yet, being the Chair of DHS, he calls Amazon, and basically orders them to cut Wikileaks off.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

“In a free society we're supposed to know the truth,” Paul said.

Bless that man for saying and believing that

Be safe be well

Spiro

link   

Originally posted by pavil
I don't get what the "big" secrets that were leaked..... Iran got help with it's nuclear ambitions???? Gasp! Saudi Arabia want's us to attack Iran???? Gasp!! Putin is a dictator and Medvedev is his "Robin"??? Gasp!!! The United States is not squeaky clean??? Gasp!!!

None of it is really earthshaking stuff to me. Show me some aliens or some fusion devices, then I'll gasp.

Theres more coming they are being dripped out for max effect. Yes there are some meaty ones. How about the cables and USA wanting to split Afganistan into 3 factions and create a civil war, what stopped this happening. Iran.

Theres a lot coming out that is not making it to the media. The cables that are coming that contain info on UFO
www.abovetopsecret.com...
these leaks are being felt in the politcal arena, people are loosing there jobs because of them
and the media is doing its best to limit the damage and smear the man.
Sorry to link threads. I really cant be asked to write it all out again. The big deal is the loss of power, this is information in the infomation age. Until this point they had it all buttoned up. Controled the newspapers and news channels.

kx
edit on 3-12-2010 by purplemer because: typo

link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
Yes.
The US wants to prosecute an Australian for treason. How?

Does that mean that the US will deliver Dick Cheney to the Nigerians for prosecution as well?

That would be a lovely Christmas.
edit on 3-12-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

And while they are at it, they might also prosecute Bush for war crimes, and treason for taking US into an illegal war, Hillary for breaking the UN security code and spying on the UN postholders, Cheney for war crimes, in fact, the list is endless, as we all know, half of the judiciary for miscarriage of justice, the banksters for massive fraud of the American people, and Obama for complicity in all of the above because he has been made aware of the crimes and is doing nothing.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks for posting this, MA. It is so good for the soul to hear the voice of reason and common sense.
Bless Ron Paul and Nigel Farage.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would back him up too. Too many things being kept from the public

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Paul is right, Assange is doing what the MSM does. They receive a tip/information, they write an article and release it. Freedom of press.
edit on 3-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Looks like 1 of 535 isn't afraid of the truth. I am not placing any hope that the number will go up in the near future.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have to agree with Ron Paul. If they want to go after someone, find out who is leaking classified information. Assange is just reporting it. It's not like he hacked into government systems to get the information.

I think his biggest mistake is that he stated he is going to release some damaging info on the banks.
The international bankster cartels are more powerful than any government entity. They have no problem make people disappear. He should have just release it and not announced it. They will be coming for him.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
And while they are at it, they might also prosecute Bush for war crimes, and treason for taking US into an illegal war, Hillary for breaking the UN security code and spying on the UN postholders, Cheney for war crimes, in fact, the list is endless, as we all know, half of the judiciary for miscarriage of justice, the banksters for massive fraud of the American people, and Obama for complicity in all of the above because he has been made aware of the crimes and is doing nothing.

Star for that!

It's so true, look at everything and see who is accountable and who is not and for what.

Up is down and down is up!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

There are some Earthshaking news, just the western media is not telling all. i.e. my country, Hungary has just learned that the U.S. is spied on our citizens. This is what we're not really tolerate. What the hell the U.S. is thinking? If you don't like what is going on in my country, pack and go home.

P.S.: Ron Paul is a good man. He is right.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If the leaks show our Government violated Treaties...or our officials broke the law.....

Of course Criminals would want to silence the messenger so they can keep breaking the law and a killin'.

Thats what criminals do. Ron Paul always has distanced himself from the criminals. He's probably the only politician we have thats not guilty of a crime.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Good for your media!

Also, the embassies in Norway, Denmark were just exposed of spying before the leaks.

--

Glad to see Ron Paul is right on yet again.

Paul, Napolitano, Ventura, Sabrosky... we still have some intelligent patriots.

Criminals are doomed with the internet.

Thanks, Internet, you should have gotten the Nobel peace prize.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join