It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Joe Lieberman Introduces SHIELD Act To Make Classified Information Releases Illegal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just another unconstitutional program to once again waste the tax payers money....Anything these politicians can find to spend money???????

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Lieberman is living in a dreamworld. First of all, the U.S. doesn't control the entire internet. Second, this rule means nothing at all, as #1 WikiLeaks is not and never was on U.S. organization and second, as we can see with the U.S. Government's circusparade... as they took down __._, three more born already under various aliases.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GammaRayBurst

Your blind if you think Israel is behind any of this. They are a scapegoat and a pawn in the grand scheme of things.

Any objective investigator would quickly realize that. Its all misdirection.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by GammaRayBurst

Your blind if you think Israel is behind any of this. They are a scapegoat and a pawn in the grand scheme of things.

Any objective investigator would quickly realize that. Its all misdirection.

I'm not a big fan of Israel either, but I also say; not the Israelis are behind this. So this time... and this is very-very unusual from me, I'm saying; they're innocent.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Lieberman sucks as usual.
Yet another fault of his.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The politicians will continue to attempt to implement plots to little by little eat away at the very foundation of this country!

Anything deemed unconstitutional should be null and void in my book!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

Originally posted by RUSSO

Senator Joe Lieberman Introduces SHIELD Act To Make Classified Information Releases Illegal

pulse2.com

Senator Joe Lieberman, the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, has introduced new legislation that would make the publication of any classified intelligence source illegal. The proposed legislation is known as the Securing Human Intelligence and Enforcing Law Dissemination (SHIELD) Act,

“The recent dissemination by Wikileaks of thousands of State Department cables and other documents is just the latest example of how our national security interests, the interests of our allies, and the safety of government employees and countless other individuals are jeopardized by the il
(visit the link for the full news article)

This law, ONLY secures the information of LIES, SCANDLES, FRAUD, AND THE THIEVES WHO TAKE IT FROM YOUR TAXES. More laws to garentee the use of more deals that rob you the taxpayer blind in some shape or form. DO YOU LIKE IT AMERICA? YOU LIKE IT, CAUSE NOTHING GETS DONE. You love this kind of activity because usa does nothing about it. The THUGS go on, buisness as usual. GO PAY YOUR TAXES NOW SHEEPLE. You ain't going to do nothing, not a thing.
Related News Links:
ensign.senate.go v
senatus.wordpress.com
Our gov't is infiltrated with greedy peoples everywhere trying to suck the life out of us the taxpayers. DO NOT PAY TAXES AND REVOLT. You like it AMERICA, you like it, don't you, you won't do nothing, right sheeple? RIGHT.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
this is just another case of a jew protecting israel's interest. israel must be especially worried if any cables got out that showed to true extent that it's government and agents have influence and control of american foreign policy and its politicians.

can you imagine a cable getting out of an israeli and an american diplomat laughing that pigs will fly before the palestinians get a state.

or a secret cable of israel outright refusing an american "request" for a settlement freeze both knowing full well it's for show.

but i think israel and the u.s. are smart enough to know to keeps those things off the record.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This is what they do with my taxes. Then i do not owe any taxes. Taxation without representation. To represent and tell me where, why, to who, and to what end my tax money is used for. I will not pay taxes to an orginization that acts like a THUG and abuses it's powers. YOU REALLY WANT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, DON'T PAY YOUR TAXES THIS YEAR.

Now there we go the best idea I have heard on here yet. Also National Security does not mean the peoples security is means the security of the nation or the state. The federal government does neither protect you the people or care about any one of you. I thought this was obvious but apparently not. ANY and ALL information leaked about the state I welcome whole heartedly. People this is no longer a government elected by the people to represent the people it is a criminal organization (with a monopoly) and that is all. That is the reason I encourage whistleblowers and wikileaks. Oh and people who are in the military knew when they took the jobs their lives were at risk not only that but the politicians are the ones who are putting the troops in the most danger and playing with their lives. Please people lets not forget about the facts. If these politicians care so much about our troops and their lives then why did they send them off to die in needless wars first off, and second why don't they bring them home now that its obviously a war waged on lies and untruths. The only people guilty of anything in this whole charade is the people involved with and working for the federal government. PERIOD END OF STORY.

NAMASTE

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea965ad8fa66.jpg[/atsimg]

meh...just saying

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by RUSSO

No we dont live in a Democracy.

Funny, I thought we lived in a yellow submarine with diamonds in the sky.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

God one.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

If what Wired is reporting to be true, I 100% agree with this type of law. 'The Freedom of Information Act' should be limited to standard press releases, and/or extremely secret documents that reference events prior to one hundred years of current date. Nothing within the last 100 years should be known.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by RUSSO

Im sorry but who is hunting Julian Assange and for what reason? Last I checked the warrant was from Sweden for Rape / Molestation complaints.

Why do people feel they have a right to know about intelligwence operations and sources?
How do we know there actually was a "rape"? I wonder if this is disinformation designed to shape our opinions of Assange?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Our gov't is infiltrated with greedy peoples everywhere trying to suck the life out of us the taxpayers. DO NOT PAY TAXES AND REVOLT. You like it AMERICA, you like it, don't you, you won't do nothing, right sheeple? RIGHT.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of Americans have the taxes withheld from their checks, so not paying is not an option for most.
As for the revolt.......

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Just another unconstitutional program to once again waste the tax payers money....Anything these politicians can find to spend money???????
Yeah, and I thought job creation was supposed to be the priority now. LOL, so much for that.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
the only things that should remain secret are intelligence names and troop movements, everything else should be open to public scrutiny. a lot of dirty nasty things are accomplished every day from the likes of the cia and backdoor closed congress meetings because they can deem it national security and never tell us. mk ultra is a good example, it was and may still be being done in our name with our hard earned money. "but we didn't know what they were doing, it was secret" is long becoming a tired excuse in regards to the things our government has done in our name and "in our best interest of national security."

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by RUSSO

Last I heard American laws are only enforcable in America..
Seen as how wikileaks in NOT in America, how will that work??

Edit: And do they come up with the name first (SHIELD) and then use words to fit??
edit on 3-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

Once again, the so-called "laws" passed by the U.S. CONgress apply ONLY to U.S. citizens and NOT to Americans. That is what the 14th amendment is all about, it TRIES to make everyone in America into a "U.S. citizen", but it is a huge fail. But I do love it when people mistakenly claim to be U.S. citizens, will the ignorance never end?

I made a thread to point out the distinction between the U.S. and the U.S.A. So few people know the difference.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Always remember that politicians owe their living to the masses. They have a responsibility, integrity and honour to uphold. By suggesting that with the power given, they have the right to withhold information to their beholden, they are only proving that they are acting in the interest of others.

So who are the treasonous ones here? Those who revealed the truth or those who held back truths uncionably against the masses? Where is transparency and honesty? Why the FEAR and need to hide truths? Why the inferiority complex of leadeers to presume the masses cannot be convince of benefits from short term pains but long term benefits of truths?

One of the beasts of humanity has a name. It is spelt j-o-h-n l-i-e-b-e-r-m-a-n.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You sound like a lawyer, talking in circles.

When does it become a secret? When you don't want people to know what you are doing and saying.

Why don't you want people to know what you are doing? Because that will put you in a position of having to be forthright in your dealings and will expose those areas where you take advantage of less informed people rather than give them the proper information, all done for personal profit or dominance.

I am pretty disgusted with human nature in general. How can this be, as many people I talk to daily have similar values as I do. Where does this push for dominance come from? The only thing I can come up with is that within corporations the main theme is to dominate the competition and we do have a corporate state running the world, it seems. The corporation will never die. Only the people in charge, who can be replaced easily.

To add: I have always thought the people who promote wars should be at the front of the action. I mean in the trenches with the men and women they send, leading them. We can easily find replacements for them in their cushy cake eating jobs.

They think they are immune from fighting, like the Lords used to do.... sit on a hill and watch the slaughter. The Kings of old fought next to their supporters because they fought for a good cause. The domineering classes of leaders sat on the hills, because they didn't want to get hurt.
edit on 4-12-2010 by win 52 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join