It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Joe Lieberman Introduces SHIELD Act To Make Classified Information Releases Illegal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Now that was funny!!! I can even see Elmer being Dick Cheney!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
uh i thought it was already against us law to leak classified info. if liberman fudd or any other stupid washington aholes would read the constitution they might find these things out duh. and yes interpol disperses international warrants for countries but its up to local jurisdictions on whether they feel crime if heinous enough for them to capture and extradiate said individual. case in point roman polanski raped a 13 year old girl in this country that is considered a very heinous crime in france or other european countries they apparently don't care. it was't till we started going after swiss banksd they switzerland tried to consider extraditing him

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
SHIELD?? Seriously?!

Nice BACKronym, Joe, next time spend more time thinking up clever legislation instead of clever names for lame legislation.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As long as Samuel L Jackson is in charge of SHIELD I'm cool.

"I'm tired of these bleepin bleepin hackers on this bleepin bleepin net!!!"

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I agree we are heading towards an Orwellian world.

Interpol reminds me of the thinkpol from 1984.

The Thought Police (thinkpol in Newspeak) is the secret police of Oceania in George Orwell's dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.

It is the job of the Thought Police to uncover and punish thoughtcrime and thought-criminals, using psychology and omnipresent surveillance from telescreens to find and eliminate members of society who were capable of the mere thought of challenging ruling authority.

The Ministry of Love (or Miniluv in Newspeak) is one of the four ministries that govern Oceania in George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.

The Ministry of Love enforces loyalty and love of Big Brother through fear, a repressive apparatus, and brainwashing. The Ministry of Love building has no windows and is surrounded by barbed wire entanglements, steel doors, hidden machine gun nests, and guards armed with "jointed truncheons". Inside, the bright lights are never turned off (it is enigmatically referred to as "the place where there is no darkness"). Its importance is played down by the Party,[citation needed] but its function is well known and it is arguably the most important ministry, controlling the will of the population. The Thought Police is part of Miniluv.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
You guys want the release of this information to hold people accountible, while at the very same time ignoring the fact the info was illegally aquired and released.

I couldn't agree with one of your points more. That original information was *illegally* acquired by agencies of the government in the first place.

So its ok for someone to steal and release calssified information - breaking the law

Is it OK for anyone (including gov't agencies) to circumvent the law to acquire such information in the first place?

Yeah.. thats a logical argument... /end sarcasm

You may want to work on your logic/critical thinking a little more, I think.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
Think about some of the things you may have shared in confidence or said in private. How would you feel if those conversations were made public.

Exactly. How do you feel, knowing that your government spies on your every move, and everything you do, say, and eventually think is recorded and accessible to hundreds, thousands of other humans working for the government, processing that information, and acting on it?

Doesn't that seem unsettling?

We are there to a greater extend already, with some minor tidbits arriving in the next few years.

Hope you like your new life!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I'm hoping I'm only here in the US for another 8 or 10 years until my kids are old enough to be on their own and then it's off to the Caribbean with my wife to open up a bar

I'm sure you won't find the solace/peace you're looking for in your new place.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Senator Joe Lieberman... The same Israeli / Jew / Zionist AS*HOLE who wants Americas BIGGEST TRAITOR Pollard released. I guess Israel comes FIST SECOND AND THIRD with him..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GammaRayBurst

I take it tact or manners is not one of your strong points.

Happy Hanukkah!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by RUSSO

Last I heard American laws are only enforcable in America..
Seen as how wikileaks in NOT in America, how will that work??

Edit: And do they come up with the name first (SHIELD) and then use words to fit??
edit on 3-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

It's called Interpol...

2nd.

"INTERPOL is not an international police force and does not have police powers, it serves as a means of communication between law enforcement agencies across the world. INTERPOL membership consists of 176 countries. Each member nation has a central headquarters called a National Central Bureau (NCB) that is managed by law enforcement officials from that country."

Read more: Police: Organization and Management - The American System Of Policing - Agencies, Enforcement, Law, Local, Interpol, and Information law.jrank.org...

In other words if the Interpol wants to chase somone in a country, they need cooperation from that country. So unless the Country he is hiding in allows Interpol to take him, it will not happen.

"What is most disturbing to police chiefs and officers in the US is that President Obama has provided foreign officers and international agencies exemptions from laws and regulations to which US cops must comply. An amendment to an executive order secretly signed by President Barack Obama on December 16, 2009 gives police officers from foreign governments who work for INTERPOL police powers in the United States."

"What Obama has done is he's given foreign police agencies more power than our own police have or should have. What's next? INTERPOL cops raiding American homes based on unlawfully obtained information?" asks political strategist Mike Baker.

"This executive order signing received almost no media coverage and follows the recent creation of an International Intelligence Agency,"

www.examiner.com...

Last Thursday, December 17, 2009, The White House released an Executive Order "Amending Executive Order 12425." It grants INTERPOL (International Criminal Police Organization) a new level of full diplomatic immunity afforded to foreign embassies and select other "International Organizations" as set forth in the United States International Organizations Immunities Act of 1945.

"By removing language from President Reagan's 1983 Executive Order 12425, this international law enforcement body now operates - now operates - on American soil beyond the reach of our own top law enforcement arm, the FBI, and is immune from Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests. "

"What, exactly does this mean? It means that INTERPOL now has the full authority to conduct investigations and other law enforcement activities on U.S. soil, with full immunity from U.S. laws such as the Freedom of Information Act and with complete independence from oversight from the FBI."

"In short, a global law enforcement entity now has full law-enforcement authority in the U.S. without any check on its power afforded by U.S. law and U.S. law enforcement agencies."

www.nowpublic.com...

So it looks like you guys in the US are getting less and less rights... from TSA pat downs to being investigated by foreigners who are not accountable to your own laws. But The United States Government cannot reach they're grubby little hands into another counties territory without an okydoky.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by GammaRayBurst

I take it tact or manners is not one of your strong points.

Happy Hanukkah!

Not when it comes to Treason by members in our congress..
How HYPOCRITICAL of him..I guess Israel has a set of rules to follow.....and the rest of the world has another set.

And a MERRY CHRISTMAS to you ..!!!!
edit on 12/3/2010 by GammaRayBurst because: Merry Christmas added..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Let me ask a question to everyone who feels all this information should be released. What, if anything, do you think should remain classified and l'd like top hear your reasoning too (other than the canned "because it's our tax dollars and we have a right to know" answer?

Should MK-ULTRA and subsequent programs remain classified?

And this is reactionary legislation...like it will prevent anything. All it is doing is making the line of distinction between the money makers and the poor much more visible.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson once wrote, " People in fear of their government is tyranny, but a government in fear of its people is called liberty"

I fear, the words of this patriot are becoming a reality.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
They know they have the tools to control the human race now, so they do not care.

Enough said.

Only if we let them! We can take their tools away and even circumvent them.
But WE have the PEOPLE power! That trumps everything.

We MUST stand up to them!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
looks like to me that our money is no longer the only thing that is fiat, seems like our government can claim the fame of being a fiat government! just sickening, i think these sheisters should take a day of rest as how much more of our constitution can they corrupt and erode

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Senator Joe Lieberman..Hypocrite and Traitor

Thirty-Nine Congressmen Can't Be Wrong
Dec 03 12:38
Philip Giraldi : Thirty-Nine Congressmen Can't Be Wrong
By: poorrichard
Tags:

* COVER-UP/DECEPTIONS/PROPAGANDA
* ISRAEL
* POLITICS/ELECTIONS/CORRUPTION

And Obama would not be alone in his beneficence. For those who think it inconceivable that a large number of congressmen might petition seeking clemency for a convicted foreign spy who did enormous damage to the United States, think again. Pollard has recently obtained the services of Barney Frank and thirty-eight other Democratic congressmen who have signed on to a letter coordinated with a number of Jewish groups. They apparently believe that the poor guy has suffered enough in service to his country, which is of course Israel, making one wonder why American politicians should feel the pain. But no matter, as we all know where the faux compassion comes from.

Israel lives by they're own set of rules..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Let me ask a question to everyone who feels all this information should be released. What, if anything, do you think should remain classified and l'd like top hear your reasoning too (other than the canned "because it's our tax dollars and we have a right to know" answer?

Should MK-ULTRA and subsequent programs remain classified?

And this is reactionary legislation...like it will prevent anything. All it is doing is making the line of distinction between the money makers and the poor much more visible.

EXACTLY!

And what about UFO's? And the Trillions of dollars "Lost" by the Fed? And all the 911 info? And Operation Northwoods? And the Trillions of dollars spend by black budget agencies? Far more than likely to invent of hide secret technology that the whole world will be better off knowing about and even HAVING!

Government secrecy is COMPLETELY out of control! It is far more being used to cover up criminal and questionable activity than to protect National Security! Look at the State department cables. They're only secret to avoid embarrassing the US and other Governments! Not because the release would hurt "National Security".

The only thing in my view that should remain 'private' is peoples names, what the intelligence community calls sources! And that is what i understand wikileaks is doing, to it's credit.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by RUSSO

No we dont live in a Democracy. We live in a Representative Republic, which means the people vote for a person to act as their representatives in the Congress and the White House. These elected officals then represent the US in terms of world affairs.

back to the origional question, why do people feel they have a right to classified information. What exactly does the release of this information do to people who think they are entitled to it?

As a side note why are people so outraged about the actions of the US, while at the very same moment ignoring all other similar issues throughout the world? This is why the argument appears one sided by people supporting Assange. There are 192 +/- countries on this planet, not just the US.

Wow....maybe you have NOT been paying attention to the news the last 10-20 years to put it mildly. Seriously I don't know where or how to begin answering such a question without loosing my patience and getting mean on you.

1)They allowed 9-11 to happen with prior knowledge of the event as evidenced/sourced by the ex-cia director of the time. Black-op events MUST have taken place both in nyc and washington dc. Way too many inconvienent anomalies being burried especially the fact they caught the criminals a week after the attacks.

a)that allowed for the treasonous and expensive "patriot" act, department of homeland "security" and the infamous war on "terror" eventhough the terrorists are reportedly roaming the middle east as free men....

b)war in afghanistan with the real reason of attack being opium

c)war with iraq on an "imminent nuclear and biological threat" that had NO PROOF AT ALL. Sadamm got killed by his "own" people..more like the shiites killed him!

d)trillions of dollars added to our "national" debt, while much needed welfare services keep getting neglected under the guise of "lazy blacks don't deserve welfare", and the very real threat of bankruptcy looming.

2)Ancient secret technology being covered-up so it can be used ONLY for the elite.

3)UFOs/Aliens still officially non-existant eventhough there is literarly tons and tons of evidence to the contrary.

4)Endemic financial fraud by banks and wall street being covered up and people that should be facing justice are NOT!

a)including knowledge about the federal reserve and other central PRIVATE banks.

5)Possible knowledge of 2012 events being covered-up by nasa and other space agencies.

6)Possible knowledge of underground joint human-alien bases.

7)Probable knowledge of the medical complex selling tainted medicine to reduce peoples' lifespan.

8)Knowledge of world wars and how they are setup by the "illuminated ones"(more like satanists if you ask me) to bring about massive depopulation...anywhere between 50%-90%!

9)Knowledge of make-believe "global warming" to con people out of billions/trillions..again WORLDWIDE!

Lastly if you EVEN THINK(and apparently you do) that "national security" has anything to do with *national security* you have been wasting your time on ATS learning NOTHING AT ALL! Lets just say the same people who financed the american dream ARE THE SAME PEOPLE destroying america in favor of authoritarian capitalism in china, russia and all other second-third world countries....primarily in the east.

Very little about national security has america's best interests involved and the proof is in the pudding. Saying one thing while doing something else is extremely hypocritical and burdensome to the people who must endure it!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
so america can have you arrested any were in or off the world
if let out CIA/FBI/ABCD secrets that tell of them comiting a crime?
3rd line

well they realy need to do that.
6th line

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join