It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks.org domain killed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Even though I disagree with Amazon's decision, I'll still shop on there for my Christmas shopping
Hey, I like 1 day shipping. Whatever.

I know your joking buts its exactly this kind of apathy/attitude that will make sure nothing will ever change.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MITSwagger
You know what's funny. You need 1000's of computers in a database to put forth a DDos Attack. Another way this is done is with zombie computers. Zombie Computers are from normal everyday PC/Internet users that hackers can gain access too if they are on a unsecured wifi network. Oh, and Starbucks.
edit on 3-12-2010 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

Ur funny... do you really think we drive around in a car looking for 1000's unsecured wifi??? whether or not that you find a AP thats open you still need to gain access to a computer to upload the server software that will do the attacks... Its much easier to create a virus that'll use a zero day exploit to do that for you... All you need to do is put it out in the wild from a library or something then you sit and wait 10-15 days and you have an army in the making and its all automated... Or else you'll put up mass emails with a website containing malicious code that'll exploit a flaw in your browser because some poor coder was under a retarded deadline and didn't have time to fix all the buffer/stack overflows... and upload you the server prog... there's hundreds of getting a botnet up in no time.. anybody can do it you don't need to be a genius... Hell MafiaBoy did it and he's a complete retard...

Similar results could be obtained with a well carried on smurf attack by using just a handful of computers and a proper setup... Now do you really think that "hackers" have enough time to lose to do that... Which side are they on you think??? They been f***** over by the government for decades just because they were curious... Where do you think most of these leaks come from??? The people running the attack on wikileaks are people that were caught hacking and were given a choice... you rot in prison for the next 10-20 years and you can't ever get remotely close to a computer and we'll monitor you for the rest of your pitiful days or you work for us and we'll give you a salary that'll allow you to buy all the cool gadgets you want and we provide the hardware... That's not much of a choice is it???

C'mon for Christ sakes... They put Mitnick in solitary confinement for over 5 years with no possibility to use any phones or get visit under the pretext he could "Start a nuclear armageddon from a telephone" Its funny how MSM has painted hackers as this dark evil force lurking on the internet waiting nothing but to get in your PC and to destroy the world when pretty much everything you look around including the internet itself was created by them in first place... Yet people still buy into this boogieman BS...

Read the "hacker manifesto" tell me if that's the mentality and that of most people here aren't the same beside the fascination is for conspiracy/knowledge instead of technology... I've seen people here bashing hackers not even realizing they had the hacker mindset themselves...

That said now.... May the one here not guilty of curiosity throw me the first rock...

PS: 1000 of pc in a database??? a database is nothing but...a data base bro the 1000s your talking about in the context of being used for ddos are called zombies.
edit on 4-12-2010 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Screw that, it's time to realease the Key, we're ready for it, many thousands of copys of the file are safely isolated from the net. C'mon Julian DROP THE BOMB! Don't wait till it's too late to help yourself, this time when they nab you, you won't be getting away. They may just opt for making you disappear permanently, they may not want to risk converting you into a martyr symbol.

www.youtube.com...

Tell 'em Danny!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I just tried the donate button on their site and Paypal says "this account is currently unable to receive money."

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by raknjak

PayPal cuts WikiLeaks from money flow
Vancouver Sun

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I recieved an e-mail from the Paradign Research Group.

It said Steve Bassett would be appearing on Coast to Coast last night with George Noory.

They are supposed to be talking about Mr. Assange indicating Wikileaks has been receiving UFO/ET related material and stated the criteria for such material will be published on his site and acknowledged that UFO/ET references did turn up in yet to be published diplomatic communiques.

I know members here asked about this particular subject so I was wondering if anyone listened to Coast to Coast and heard what this was all about.

edit on 4-12-2010 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Xavialune

Call 911 and report a suspicious vehicle...

Tell them you think there is a bomb in the van and they will come and blow it up for you.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Still finding this attitude awful amusing and horrifying....
Some people, all goverments and most media think the leaking is the bad thing....not the stuff that is exposed.

Will the same anger be directed towards the criminal and corrupt gov?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by INEDI

You can still get to their website by:

1. ping wikileaks.ch, get the IP address
2. put IP cablegate.wikileaks.ch in your host file.
3. done

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by raknjak
I just tried the donate button on their site and Paypal says "this account is currently unable to receive money."

Paypal not only closed Wikileak's account, but also that of the Wau Holland Foundation. They twittered:

PayPal told us we are "in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy regarding (...) financial support to Wikileaks" and took our account.

This is the more doubtful, since Wau Holland Foundation is not "Wikileaks only", but existed before and collects donations for other projects. Also they are registered as a tax-privileged charity.

Thinking that they only spend about € 2500 a year for themselves and supported projects, they could be hurt much more by this boycott than Wikileaks. But since when would the Pentagon care about collateral damage?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Awaycan

they should get a pay by sms(or something like that) up and running!
heck, poor me, ill even donate some than!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
thought this was as good a place as any to post this mirror list;
wikileaks.ch...

you can chop off the head of the hydra but more will grow back
edit on 6-12-2010 by digitalf because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There are counter attacks against PayPal and Postfinance.ch going on.

PayPal seemed fine with that, when I checked it, but Postfinance.ch is still down.

Maybe they woke up some lions, they did not want to wake up... Wikileaks has many friends. And sometimes even enemies join, when one is attacked by a mutual enemy.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
>.>

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join