It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks.org domain killed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

WikiLeaks.org domain killed

twitter.com

WikiLeaks,org domain killed by US everydns.net after claimed mass attacks
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Second Edit: Looking more serious than just a normal attack now...

To add to onto the apparent capture set out onto him, it's apparently being brought down now due to mass attacks, doesn't claim quite who, unless I'm just not reading it right.

Inserted the link so check it out for yourself.

I'm not sure if it's just a regular attack or what exactly is going on. Maybe someone else can clear it up.

In a bit of a hurry, but here you go.

Edit: It seems more well organized of an attack than before thought, the site will remain down aslong as it lasts, which if it was VERY well organized, may be quite a while.

Still pretty vague on total info. But still pretty interesting.

twitter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-12-2010 by INEDI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yep, Server not found, not surprising...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This song instantly comes to mind...

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Doesn't it make you feel better? The pigs have won tonight. They can all sleep soundly. And everything is all right.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
We had only just begun...www.abovetopsecret.com...

Waiting for an alternate link...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
No wonder that i can't open related websites, maybe it is unfair for wikileaks to be banned everywhere, they just tell us the truth, however the truths are dangerous.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
so does this mean that the speculated "insurance file code" will know be released since the wiki site has been closed?

lets see what that brings about now.....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
ATS'ers: Don't believe a word of it. It's called Distributed 'Denial of Service' attacks, basically it takes a *very* high amount of compromised cisco routers (corrupt pc's, etc.) to send a mass amount of data to a destination address. This will pass.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

mx record and dns records have been pulled
untill they get reposted i guess we cant acess them
i hope they dont fire off the insurence password
till they are in real trouble

xp

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Double post. Sorry.

link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

It's from their own twitter.

link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

I think maybe you are getting confused about the difference between a web server and a DNS server.
Wikileaks has had it's DNS server pulled because it was, as you said, the target of a DDOS attack

+36 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
They can take our DNS but they can never take our IP;s

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

so is this a dns server ddos attack?
or is the web server under attack?
xp

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Appreciate that, the Wikileaks twitter feed was very vague when they posted it, hence why I made this.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

thanks bro
nice work
xp

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If freedom talks about the future, then the silence keeps you cool.. I am sure living in the shadows makes you beg for the light, the more we hold on... The more you are letting go.. It is us that are loving to be left on our own, yet living in the unknown shroud the good intentions, leaving men to bend.. No do not talk about the future, we like standing in the dark, listening to the cracks form... A man sick in his disease stuck staring at his hands wondering what he has tossed in the sand. As we turn our back wanting the things we can't have. A lesson learned in what intention was meant. As it falls apart in your hands remember the intentions.. It was not the way I am sure you meant..

the light washes away our troubles... Let it go... Lets just find ourselves on our own..
edit on 3-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Already WikiLeaks is getting buried in the confines of history. Already, I cannot recall what WikiLeaks was or if it ever really existed. Is this the site you all speak of? sagebrushpatriot.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

As far as I understand it, it could be considered as both.

The DDOS works by sending a LOT of information requests to a specific web site.

Every web site has a DNS entry that translates an IP address ( i.e. 10.10.10.10) into a domain name (i.e. yourwebsite.com)
When you type a website name into your address bar (like www.abovetopsecret.com) that name gets translated by the DNS server into an actual IP address
The people that own the server that translates the domain name into the IP address have removed wikileaks from their server because it is receiving so many requests to translate that address that it can't cope.

The problem is however that if you type in the actual IP address of wikileaks then you still get a message saying (Too many requests) so I guess they are targeting both at once

If there is a constant DDOS attack on the domain name wikileaks.com then no DNS server will ever be able to translate it and the site is effectively dead

Everything I have said in the above post may well be completely wrong though, I always allow for that possibility
edit on 3-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join