It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News poll...Do you believe life exists beyond Earth ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Fox News Poll.
Go there and Vote !!!
POLL

edit on 2-12-2010 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: added link

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

16.29% of the nation are mentally incompetant!
edit on 2-12-2010 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

link   

d/p

link   

t/p

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yes -- With trillions of stars capable of hosting even more planets, there must be other life forms out there.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So if the "nos" win, will you stop believing in aliens? If you stop believing in aliens, will they cease to exist? This poll is monumentally irrelevant to the reality of the situation. By drawing attention to it in this forum, you will probably skew the results towards the "yes" side and the results won't even have the minor sociological significance they might have otherwise had.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
heh, I wonder if this poll was give 1000 years ago in europe "Do you believe life exists outside of our continent, such as across the ocean" what the results would be...

and more importantly, if a poll would change the nature of anything.

Facts don't care about popular opinion.

of course there is life out there...only the mathmatically inept would think otherwise.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Possibly. However they were already reading 75% yes with over 6,000 votes before I posted.
Statistically relevant. Also, due to the tight grip of control here at ATS I believe this poll thread would/must be in this forum.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
Fox News Poll.
Go there and Vote !!!
POLL

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, we a are not the only life in this universe. And we cannot be the only "intelligent" life either. The math is on the side of intelligent life.

Starred and flagged.
edit on 2-12-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: Forgot to add

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

The question is asking if even biological life exists out there. Not asking if they are riding their magic carpets to Earth to probe cattle.

If you think people are mentally incompetent for believing toward the side of statistics and PhD physicists then...perhaps look into the mirror when asking who is intellectually inferior.

And your message would have more impact if you had even spelled it correctly. Ironic don't you think? Especially when spell check is automatic!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

might want to check again! spelled correctly! also i dont think you know what i'm talkin about!

got a vendetta or somethin?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Very pertinent. People back then (less than 1000 years) truly believed that you could actually sail off the edge of the earth. They also believed that the Earth was the center of the universe.

How interesting would it be to fast forward to find out how 'stupid' we are today !?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The question is asking if even biological life exists out there. Not asking if they are riding their magic carpets to Earth to probe cattle.

If you think people are mentally incompetent for believing toward the side of statistics and PhD physicists then...perhaps look into the mirror when asking who is intellectually inferior.

And your message would have more impact if you had even spelled it correctly. Ironic don't you think? Especially when spell check is automatic!

You realize he was calling the people whom polled against the concept as the idiots...right?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
dp
edit on 2-12-2010 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Its sad that there are ppl who are sooo ignorant they actually think Earth is the only planet with life in a seemingly infinite universe with billions upon billions of planets!! Makes me ashamed to be a part of the human race

I of course voted YES because its 100% undeniably TRUE!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Then I apologize.
@nd line.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
WTF kind of poll is that? I am a hardcore critic of crappy youtube videos and gullible people who eat up any conspiracy theory for breakfast and even I believe we've been visited. Even if I was wrong on that, there is, without a doubt, life somewhere else in the universe.

Seriously, who the eff doubt that?????
edit on 2-12-2010 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

Recent study just released said we have UNDERESTIMATED the size of the universe by 1/3.
The current estimate is 300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. That's 300 sextillion. This is speaking of stars ONLY.
I speculate an average of 5 planets each star. Some will have less, more, none, some lots of planets. Some stars are so big they can hardly be compared to our sun so they could have tons and tons of planets.

To think it's just us out here with all this real-estate is incredibly arrogant.

cj6

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

and still ignorant ppl will consistently deny the existence of life on other planets

I am not ignorant so i cant even begin to think what goes through their brain when u present them with numbers like that and they still dont get it.

LIFE EXISTS ON OTHER PLANETS!! AND IN VAST, UNIMAGINABLE NUMBERS!! ok im done lol

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Fox News Poll.
Go there and Vote !!!
POLL

Hi Spirit Warrior 11:11, I would like to vote, but I cannot vote, because the choice
other "leave a comment" link doesnt work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join