It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 Pilot's Remains Recovered in Alaska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

F-22 Pilot's Remains Recovered in Alaska

www.military.com

The remains of an F-22 Raptor pilot who died when his jet crashed south of the Denali Highway near Cantwell on Nov. 16 have been recovered, and the joint Air Force and Army cleanup at the site has been suspended, military officials said Wednesday.

"They can't do anything right now because of the weather up there," said Air Force spokesman Bob Hall.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The remains of Captain Jeff Haney of Clarklake Michigan have finally been recovered from the F-22 crash last month in Alaska and brought back to base.

The Air Force still hasn’t determined the cause of the crash, but is suspending its onsite investigation and cleanup due to inclement weather.

So it would seem that we are still a ways off on an ‘official’ story to explain the crash, that a lot of theorizing here on ATS has speculated everything from a Chinese laser attack to UFO’s. Of course it could always just be a night training exercise gone badly.

The Air Force has asked backcountry snowmobilers, trappers and outdoorsmen traversing the area to be on the lookout for any pieces of the crashed jet and to report them.

Some members have speculated that the flight had nuclear weapons though the Air Force Colonel Dr. Paul Friederichs, working as the medical commander of the base simply says “Modern composite aircraft including the F-22, use materials that can present health risks if they are mishandled”

The mystery continues.

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hmmm... interesting.

From later on in the article you linked..

The Air Force warned against souvenir hunting at the site.

"The health risks become significant if you don't have the proper equipment and are cutting or grinding pieces of the airplane," Friedrichs said. Maintenance crews routinely use thick gloves, eye protection and respirators when working on the plane, officials said.

Water filled the crater after the crash, then turned to ice. Air Force officials said they are concerned about what will happen during breakup, when melting snow and runoff could expose additional material from the plane.

So there is obviously something pretty nasty in there that they really want to limit exposure on.

Its tough to tell what it is though. It could be radiation or some kind of nasty chemicals used in the building process.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Well I know in the composite pannels of cars like the old 93-99 Pontiac Firebird that were used to make most of the body they are full of fiberglass and polymers, if you got the insides of them into your eyes or mouth you would definately have a health problem!

I suppose it's possible too that they might have Depleted Uranium in them, they seem to be putting Depleted Uranium in everything now but the MREs!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
its just a misdirect so nobody gets a piece of advanced materiel and sells it to Chinese or other governments so they can't back engineer stealth materials or figure ways to detect it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
O man thats to bad. I feel bad for the family. I hope they find out what happened and fix it so it doesent happen again.

I belive that is the first F-22 crash. At least it happend in the USA and we can recover it to keep it from being stolen by the chinese or russians

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

There is a real danger from carbon fibre after a crash. You don't want to be inhaling any of those fibres poking around at a crash site.

www.dtic.mil...

www.netcomposites.com...

TJ

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Not the first crash. See details on following.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

TJ

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A lot of odd things happening on the West coast side of the country now-a-days.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was determined the Chicons shot it down. If they attack (or rather When they attack) I bet it will be on the West upper Coast (Oregon to Lower Washington).

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

o wow, i did not know. thanks for the links...... that sucks.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I suppose it's possible too that they might have Depleted Uranium in them, they seem to be putting Depleted Uranium in everything now but the MREs!

Depleted uranium is placed in civilian airliners to balance the weight out (I think they started this in the 80s?). I doubt there is any serious risk of contamination from being around a crashed F-22, sounds like textbook procedures to scare away non-US military personnel.

top topics

join