It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians Aghast (meaning mildly quizzical) At Wikileaks Leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is a repost from another thread. I thought a separate thread looking at this situation from the Canadian angle would assist our American friends in forming an accurate estimation, uh . . . nevermind.

The front page story in the Toronto Star on Tuesday featured the head of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, known as "cease us" (CSIS) or "seize us" if you are particularly inebriated.

It seems that Wikileaks has outed its head. I don't know the guy's name and don't want to since it is against the law to name a CSIS agent publicly up here in the nation praying for a speed up to global warming. It seems he is a talky-toons chatterbox, who grouses about us Canadan dullards to his pals in Whitewash-ington.

Now, pursuant to the alleged agenda of the CIA and it's tool, Wikileaks, how am I to interpret these revelations of impure speech coming from uh . . . let's call him "Spooky Tooth"?

Was "Spooky Tooth" running off at the mouth about us in an unflattering vein to his fellow unmentionables because he genuinely thinks that Canadians are like all Seven Dwarfs, particularly Dopey, or was he he trying to give a false impression er . . .first impression to Americans that concealed the fact from them that we are wily, fierce, and formidible?

Are the Americans trying to get rid of Spooky Tooth because they would prefer to have a bigger blabbermouth heading up CSIS or was Spooky Tooth simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and fully satisfactory to the Americans in the drool department?

Spy stuff is so confusing.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
When PM Martin came back from his first meeting with GW Bush, the first thing he did was shut down a blowtorch radio station in Ontario featuring radio host Sherman Skolnic who had got a bunch of judges convicted of corruption in Chicago.

That made it obvious that we are not necessarily in control of our own ship.

Just like Taylor the ambassador in Iran during the hostage crisis turning out to be a CIA agent demonstrated:
The US is one of the main nexuses of distribution for this totally undemocratic bunch of facist nasi communist of thieving crooks who want to run the world.
we are porus to terrorists, they are installed all through our government.

maybe if the peeps tossed their TVs into the nearest lake
*sigh*

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I know. The late lamented show Cloak And Dagger. They gave an interview to Andreas von Bulow in which the former German cabinet minister alleged that 9/11 was an inside job.

en.wikipedia.org...

He has written a book called The CIA and September 11 (German: Die CIA und der 11. September), in which he implies US government complicity in the September 11, 2001 attacks.

"Planning the attacks was a master deed, in technical and organizational terms. To hijack four big airliners within a few minutes and fly them into targets within a single hour and doing so on complicated flight routes! That is unthinkable, without backing from the secret apparatuses of state and industry." Tagesspiegel, 13. Jan. 2002 [1]
He told The Daily Telegraph at his home in Bonn.

"If what I say is right, the whole US government should end up behind bars" and "They have hidden behind a veil of secrecy and destroyed the evidence - that they invented the story of 19 Muslims working within Osama bin Laden's al-Qa'eda - in order to hide the truth of their own covert operation" [2].

Their very next show was their last.

On it they said that "sources" had told them that getting their show off the air was a sidebar to a deal negotiated in Whitewash-ington between the government of Paul Martin here in the American attic and the administration of George W. Bush, which would see Canada admitted into the reconstruction contracts bonanza at the end of the Iraq War, which as we all know, ended scant weeks after Tommy Franks' victorious blitzkrieg into Bagdad.

Canada had elected not to participate in the mugging of Iraq and was in the Bush administration's bad books. I like to think that CSIS, under competent management at the time, had seen through the murderous charade played out in New York on 9/11, and had tipped off the then Prime Minister, Jean Chretien. "Da Boss", who is no bonehead, decided not to join in putting Canadian boots on the ground in Iraq.

There was not one murmur of interest in this outrageous invasion of Canadian airwave freedom by the local journalism cockroaches, that I am aware of. Maybe it got two column inches in the back pages of somewhere.

I feel myself beginning to accelerate and before I jump the track into another rant, I am going to have a sedative and crank up the Ramones. Over and out, for the moment.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think what the leaked canadain document shows us is that our current Harper government along with many of the officials they have instated into offices like the head of CSIS hold a very Americanized point of view on global politics that I believe is generally against the beliefs held by the majority of Canadians.

It further shows that this government almost holds a distain for our general attitude towards many of these issues. Policies like our continued action in Afghanistan, and our environmental destruction with issues like the Alberta Tar Sands have done more to hurt our once positive reputation on the world stage. Unlike Chretien who had the balls to go against the US with Iraq, Harper often comes across as a US lap dog.

One of the great attributes of Canadians is our politeness, which can be a very good thing, in the case works against us. We should be furious with our governments mismanagement of our global reputation, such as the loss of our seat on the security council. Instead we simply allow things to go on. If the G20 police state disaster did not get us off our asses, I unfortunately don't think this leaked document will have much of an effect as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Theorytripper

That's about the size of it.

On the Harper watch, this guy is morphing into a neo-con pin-up boy. He abandoned Omar Kadr. He has shut the door on American war resisters seeking asylum in this country. He has practically said, "My country, Israel, right or wrong." He has extended Canadian participation in the rape of Afghanistan. He has basically subtracted Canada as a moral voice from the world stage and removed it as a once friendly "check and balance" on a neighbor who shall remain nameless, but who used to have checks and balances built into their system of governance until the cheerleader from Yale sat down in what for Bill Clinton, was the 'oral office'.

It will be interesting to see what else comes out of the Wikileaks disclosures. Stay tuned.

edit on 1-12-2010 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by Theorytripper

,,, until the cheerleader from Yale sat down in what for Bill Clinton, was the 'oral office'.

edit on 1-12-2010 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

That was so funny that I promise I won't make fun of Canadians anymore

But in regards to your '"Spooky Tooth," the so-called leaks & revelations really just seem like minor punishments of their own cadre when not directed at "their" obvious enemies & agendas on the global scale.

Boy oh boy this Wiki-leaky psy-ops campaign has a little somethin' for everybody eh?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

That is so true.

They even come up in relation to what the British ambassador said to the American ambassador about the "Madeleine McCann case", in Portugal, believe it or not. I've been following that case for a while now, so the Wikileaks mention was of interest, although I think more was made of it than it really deserved.

Wikileaks is quite the phenomenon though. One doesn't know whether it is a sign that America is coming apart at the seams or whether America has decided not to shield some of it's shy allies anymore, from the responsibility of saying what they really believe. I go back to the closing of the OP. "Spy stuff is so confusing."

top topics

join