It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google & You Tube Ban Alex Jones

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Both Google and its subsidiary company You Tube have banned Alex Jones and his websites, as attempts to curtail free speech widen.

Within the past 2-3 weeks, Jones and his team have confirmed that after years of being listed under Google News, one of the largest platforms for news dissemination, that PrisonPlanet.com and Infowars.com have been blocked from its search results, effectively censoring their content from wide web coverage. Only smaller sites that re-post the content have appeared in Google searches since early November.

In a separate matter, TheAlexJonesChannel on YouTube has learned that it will be either frozen or blocked from uploading new content for several weeks following a "Community Guidelines" violation decision. According to YouTube's support team, users from its site flagged a video on the channel that contained controversial video of the Apache helicopter "collateral murder" that occurred in Iraq in 2007 and was released by Wikileaks. When TheAlexJonesChannel attempted to challenge the removal of this video via YouTube's counter-notification form, it was subsequently told that the account would be disabled and new content blocked (apparently due to the challenge, as no other strikes exist on the account).

The graphic content in the video-- which documents real events the Pentagon never wanted released-- has been posted by hundreds of other channels on YouTube, including major media outlets like CBS News and Russia Today without being flagged or removed, yet TheAlexJonesChannel has been told that its posting of a smaller portion of this incident is offensive or otherwise against its community guidelines. This appears to be double standard as even the age-verification barrier set-up for some of the postings was not offered for TheAlexJonesChannel version; it was simple deleted by user demand and YouTube mandate.

It is evident that the system revels in any chance to dampen the loud voice that Alex Jones, Infowars.com/PrisonPlanet.com and its supporters have raised on the Internet, effectively challenging the status quo and mainstream media spin on major news and events. With the easy passage of the web censorship bill, it is further clear that what is happening now to Infowars.com and Alex Jones will soon happen to anyone without a politically-correct message, particularly when that message is capable of resonating throughout large parts of the globe.

It is up to supporters and lovers of freedom to challenge censorship and oppression on the web, because only resistance can slow the attempts to curtail free speech and expression online. As Frederick Douglass said, "Find out just what the people will submit to and you've found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." This will be prove to be more true than ever in the age of the Internet.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
That's funny because I just Googled Alex Jones, inforwars, prisonplanet, etc and got plenty of hits on Google and Youtube.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
That's funny because I just Googled Alex Jones, inforwars, prisonplanet, etc and got plenty of hits on Google and Youtube.

Did you search it in google news and set the date to past week? Didn't think so.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I googled 'Infowars'
First link:Infowars.com

I googled 'info'
Second thing that showed up was 'infowars'

I googled 'Alex J'
First thing that came up was 'Infowars.com'

I googled 'War of info'
First Link: Infowars.com

I don't see any ban, he's still crazy

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
I googled 'Infowars'
First link:Infowars.com

I googled 'info'
Second thing that showed up was 'infowars'

I googled 'Alex J'
First thing that came up was 'Infowars.com'

I googled 'War of info'
First Link: Infowars.com

I don't see any ban, he's still crazy

Did you search it in google news and set the date to past week? Didn't think so.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Yeah he's still crazy and there is absolutely no current attempt by the governments of the world and their corporate masters to censor the internet and/or ban material that doesn't fit into their propaganda machine. They are also not methodically removing your right to free speech or for that matter any of your other rights.

Just go back to watching tv and don't ask questions.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I got some scant news reports on Alex Jones. He's not really making that big of news for google news.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Fact is, Alex Jones's crew have been gaming Google to get traffic because traffic = $$$$

And Google doesn't take kindly to being gamed ...

They email blast their subscribers to search specific terms and visit certain videos en-masse to move them up the rankings ... they even posted it on the site asking people to do this. And then when Google's anti-spam algorithms kick his rankings down ... he screams conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
there is no bann on them.
i just had a look.
its just to get attention.
4th line

new bit.

on the video,
he says he wants people to help?
and I bet later
he will say that he made googly back down.
alex jones is full of it.
I use't to like his show.
mostly because its funny and heavy.
edit on 30-11-2010 by buddha because: did not wont to start a new one!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
there is no bann on them.
i just had a look.
its just to get attention.
4th line

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

I searched using Google news and found articles about Alex Jones. why didn't you reply to my other post? You have to let the cat out of the big sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wow...

There's three topics about this already. Do people actually care about this buffoon who only damages a cause to bring out the truth? The guys a clown..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I just used Google and searched for Prison Planet. The results below... Mon 29 Nov '10 at 2335 PST

Search Results

Alex Jones' Prison Planet.com
Nov 29, 2010 ... Get Your Exclusive Prison Planet.tv Membership Today! ... Prison Planet.tv Members Can Watch Fall Of The Republic Online Now - Don't Miss ...
www.prisonplanet.com/ - Cached - Similar
Shocking New Birth Certificate Proof ...
25 Questions To Ask Anyone Who Is ...
Bilderberg Is Running Scared
Featured stories archive

The Alex Jones Show: Ron Paul ...
Evidence Points To BP Oil Spill False ...
The Earth Is Being Turned Into A ...
World news archive
More results from prisonplanet.com »

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

I searched using Google news and found articles about Alex Jones. why didn't you reply to my other post? You have to let the cat out of the big sooner or later.

But did you find articles from infowars.com or prisonplanet.com dated from the past week in google news? No, you didn't.

edit on 30-11-2010 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

I just used Google and searched for Prison Planet. The results below... Mon 29 Nov '10 at 2335 PST

Search Results

Alex Jones' Prison Planet.com
Nov 29, 2010 ... Get Your Exclusive Prison Planet.tv Membership Today! ... Prison Planet.tv Members Can Watch Fall Of The Republic Online Now - Don't Miss ...
www.prisonplanet.com/ - Cached - Similar
Shocking New Birth Certificate Proof ...
25 Questions To Ask Anyone Who Is ...
Bilderberg Is Running Scared
Featured stories archive

The Alex Jones Show: Ron Paul ...
Evidence Points To BP Oil Spill False ...
The Earth Is Being Turned Into A ...
World news archive
More results from prisonplanet.com »

edit on 30-11-2010 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Alright alright, this guy maybe somewhat censored from googled
Wanna know what i learned in my years of early schooling?
You push buttons, you pay consequences.
They don't seem fair, well sometimes you ARE wrong and making a big deal is not helping.
Image that GOOGLE is NOT made/formed by the CIA.
This guy is spreading the NON-advertising of GOOGLE on GOOGLE.
Maybe that's why they did it.

I broke up with an Ex because she was so brainwashed by this guy.
He might be on to something, but the way he puts things across seems to be too agressive, and rash

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

They don't seem fair, well sometimes you ARE wrong and making a big deal is not helping.

He might be on to something, but the way he puts things across seems to be too agressive, and rash

It's called testosterone. Most men now a days don't have it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Yes, I have! Alex Jones Prison Planet Google news
Just search for the source through the links. add quotes!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Stop it. You sound like you slobbering all over Alex Jones' monkey jewels.

Is this the Google news you were talking about? Alex Jones is in it for attention. Always has been.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Mizzijr because: I wanted to.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow

It's called testosterone. Most men now a days don't have it.

Yeah you seem to be defending this guy head to toe, without any other thought in your head.
Remember when your messiah asks you to chop the cane, you do him a good job

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join