It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Spirit of Provocateur ~ ism!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ok I'm from the FBI "Female Body Inspectors"
Now with that being said and if I said you ladies have a beautiful body would you hold it against me?

Ok so much for trying to see the humor in this topic

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by Whyhi

It is actually very simple what cointel people do...

They look for any information that is counter to their mandates, or anything that goes against their current policies...

Then they use a number of techniques to minimize and discredit the offending data/story/info..

You see this on ATS a lot, but mostly it is very difficult to tell wether they are actual paid disinfo agents..

For the very discerning reader, it isn't too difficult to spot paid disinfo agents... The hard part is exposing them openly on ATS without getting banned

You seem very reasonable.. so a question in all seriousness.. why would anyone care to discredit anyone on here.. as in why would any government care? For me it makes absolutely NO sense at all. Either Im crazy myself, or someone in power is seriously in need of being removed from post/duty. I honestly see NO use in it. The agent would have NO idea if the person was having a laugh and stirring people up and no chance of ever getting any info from the admin of this site without damned good proof of danger. SOme folks here are a little more rabid in their opinions, but I think all in all harmless. I have heard that there is a LOT of infiltration on tea partiers boards because they have become a political force. But here?? I really cant see it. Disclaimer righ tup there.. CONSPIRACY FORUM.

Ive even read BS about this place itself being a govt front. I absolutely cant see that either! There is a point when paranoia becomes unhealthy to yourself and those around you.

My story comes from PP.. I actually called for revolution and all kinds of things while carefully wording things so Id not be banned for calling for violence. Id been rudely awakened and was irate over what I thought was my country and the truth being a complete lie! Over the years while gathering more information and really progressing in forming my opinions on what the truth is or may be.. Ive changed my stance. I still maintain that NO revolution can be nonviolent or it is a dead duck, but there is just too much out there to behave irrationally. I also take it more seriously the possibility of inciting another to act irrationally. Id be responsible for that .. and I have a real "thing" with personal responsibility. I figure a lot here are at all different stages in gathering information and making decisions on what they truly believe. Thats why outting someone who is NOT a shill or agent could be deadly for that person's growth.. and the accuser themselves growth. You never come back from that kind of accusation... on either side of it. In the end, we need every single awake person out there with "us".. it is really worth the risk when there is no real proof to be had?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by Myendica

Fine, if we must. Hypothetically, I'd say it would depend on the specifics about said agent, such as how is the agent acting, what they posting, how it is effecting the issue and most importantly, the evidence you have of them actually being an agent. If it were repeated postings that you deemed suspicious, I'd say they could be handled the same way a troll would ( Ironically censoring them from the discussion I might add ). If you had some concrete evidence of the government employing people who were tasked with spreading disinformation, I'd imagine some legal action could be taken and said evidence could be spread around and presented for scrutiny etc.

My question always is .. if it were even a possibility.. where would one even hope to gather evidence of the person not only being a govt employee.. my husband is with the DOD and trust me, there are plenty of guys who are right here in compete agreement with the conspiracy theorists in varying degrees ( its invariably a topic at every get together among is friends due to the current political climate) but being a govt employee with the specific job title of ": stir crap at ATS and gather intel on people"??

WHo would be audacious and foolhardy enough to accuse someone of something they arent 100% positive of? Havent they figured out that when you accuse you are scrutinized yourself? These topics in themselves are divisionary and I wonder about those who are so into exposing their fellow theorists without concrete proof. I spent a few hours in the last few days going through these topics.. there is a pattern there if you care to look for it

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Who would be audacious and foolhardy enough to accuse someone of something they arent 100% positive of?

...I wonder about those who are so into exposing their fellow theorists without concrete proof

"Without concrete proof" is the foundation of nearly every conspiracy, it's more about the persons biased views and beliefs about how the world operates and their inability to scrutinize themselves and their theories than it is about factual information. It's basically a self-perpetuating way of viewing the world that throws away critical thinking, reason, facts, etc.

Just my two cents on it anyways

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Fine, if we must. Hypothetically, I'd say it would depend on the specifics about said agent, such as how is the agent acting, what they posting, how it is effecting the issue and most importantly, the evidence you have of them actually being an agent. If it were repeated postings that you deemed suspicious, I'd say they could be handled the same way a troll would ( Ironically censoring them from the discussion I might add ). If you had some concrete evidence of the government employing people who were tasked with spreading disinformation, I'd imagine some legal action could be taken and said evidence could be spread around and presented for scrutiny etc.

good job. now that wasnt so hard huh? complying with the topic, and providing usefull response is good for conversation

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'm not paid to make small talk.

~

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Advantage

Who would be audacious and foolhardy enough to accuse someone of something they arent 100% positive of?

...I wonder about those who are so into exposing their fellow theorists without concrete proof

"Without concrete proof" is the foundation of nearly every conspiracy, it's more about the persons biased views and beliefs about how the world operates and their inability to scrutinize themselves and their theories than it is about factual information. It's basically a self-perpetuating way of viewing the world that throws away critical thinking, reason, facts, etc.

Just my two cents on it anyways

In all honesty, I believe many things without concrete proof.. however, when it comes to impeaching another person or calling others to join in a group to basically stalk a person.. Id sure as heck have to have actual proof and no one in their right mind engages in gang/group stalking. When its internal, there are many things we do not need absolutes, but when it effects others.. we best damn well be sure with adequate proof or suffer for any damage or pain we cause another person.

Ive read the accusations cast toward others on here.. and most have NO merit other than a person disagreeing with another or not being a robot.. they feel and act different therefore they are pointed out and vilified. There is that nasty "group think" I cant stand in black and white. TO me, demands of group think and conformity are in themselves the opposite of denying ignorance. To me, if you apply the thought process of the "get the agents and out them now" pitchfork carrying crowd to the participants, they fall under the "compromised" label themselves.

Its all very interesting.. the whole message board behavior and politics subject.Particularly so in the conspiracy theory crowd.. who are naturally suspicious and sometimes blatantly paranoid

edit on 29-11-2010 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I'm not paid to make small talk.

~

no?
so just paid to talk non sensical?

youre so funny..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Nonsensical is one word.

But yes, I am funny.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

i just wanted to make it clear for ya.. sorta spell it out.. oops didnt capitalize or use proper punctuation...
enjoy

~

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

How much does the CIA pay you to further divide the conspiracy theorist resistance movement by calling other conspiracy theorists who disagree with you disinformation agents?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

How much does the CIA pay you to further divide the conspiracy theorist resistance movement by calling other conspiracy theorists who disagree with you disinformation agents?

I never once called you a disinformation operative, I only relayed the iinfo already available in your header.

If you ask me you just called me one..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think common sense would tell most people that even if someone was posting from a dod computer that they are not necessarily here to disinform. I don't see the point in trying to take attention away from posts that are annoyingly suspect of trying to stir the pot... or steer opinions... or take attention away from certain issues. That kind of reverse psychology crap is just annoying and insulting to anyone above average intelligence regardless of what people are doing it for. You can't steer people to think or feel a certain way but people all over the world do it like they are dealing with kindergartners...for all SORTS of reasons, cause they're angry, cause they want to get a laugh, cause they think they are being productive. It's those people I wish would shut up and they could be from all sort of origins. It doesn't matter. They just need to know their role in life or something and get back to they damn day job.

That's a completely different scenario than someone from within a government agency coming in here and posting, even arguing... if they could just manage to come by it honestly and represent their own real opinions about things that are actually important to them and not what they are worried other people might be thinking, instead of acting all suspicious in their posts... like they don't even believe what they are saying, they have nothing to back it up yet try very hard to sound like they know what they are talking about on subjects of the most obscure and suspicious nature that they would even be concerned about such things and they just came out of the woodwork to post on that topic and none other... and then they just sink back into the woodwork and it's not so much that they are staunch in their opinion because of their own real feelings because they want others to feel or not feel certain ways because of some stupid control issue in their brain... oh no, that CAN'T be alts!...and who knows what it's for? it's different things. Does it really even matter? it's just so damn obvious when people put forth absurdly fake behavior. It is just SO SO OBVIOUS that they are so worried about things they can't just let it be what it is.

I may not know a lot of things and I may not have stayed in school very long but I have been in this world right along with all the educated types who had their noses in books and I know a few things about people. Can't anybody tell me that there is no way I can tell when a person is full of # and it's basically just that simple. Do I always know? Of course not, but sometimes... ABSOLUTELY but if their are any trolls or alts in here for whatever reason... why don't you try giving people some credit that your crap is not as believable as you might think it is and that people might actually have brains that they WILL use to think for themselves regardless of what picture you try to paint?

I don't care if you are in the CIA. the FBI, the DOD... I don't care!... just so long as you don't think you are some kind of smarty-pants like "ooo, look at me, no one can see me behind my computer and figure out that I play full of # internet games cause I'm an intellectual GENIUS of the secret cyber world"

not to mention the bad light you might be casting on someone else or the things you try to represent and wind up misrepresenting... don't ever consider things like that
(not talking to anyone specific... yous guys who play games know who yous guys are)... and if there are people from agencies coming in here not trying to cause problems, should that keep them awake at night? Know your own intentions, know your own role, *accept it* whatever it may be and play your OWN role.

end rant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join