It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Spirit of Provocateur ~ ism!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Since there have been a few provocateur threads recently, I figured I'd jump in on this action.

Very simple.. I will pose this question, and hope we can have discussion of our opinions, and what WE think should be done, and perhaps get a mod or 2 to give their 2 cents.

We all know theres a bunch of coins laying around here somewhere, the question is.., what happens if ONE is discovered to be 100%, a paid disinformant?

Does ATS have an SOP for cointelpros? Do they get banned? Would WE know?

What do you think ATS should do if someone is posting from a DOD computer? Or has some other way been outed as an agent?

I for one hope the person would get banned and shamed, but I don't have that say.

How would you feel IF ATS had coins they knew about, and didn't let you or I know?

Well, drink up.. and lets hear some reaction.

Enjoy

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
A fact:
anyone on a DOD computer, civilian, contractor, enlisted, or other... who accesses forums is being watched. Internally. They have more to worry about than the ATS community shunning them.

My husband was reprimanded about 2 years ago for posting in the comments section of our local newspaper concerning a high school football game at the local high school. Truth. No fantastic outting on a message board needed, he was being watched constantly.

I believe that if a guy on base wants to come to any site.. he should be allowed to without threat of unjust ridicule or "outting". Not too bright to suggest otherwise. Military and DOD employees have minds of theri own as well. Not all are these scary "agents".

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I could careless if there are agents on here. Tell them I said hi. I almost guarantee they are on here, ATS is a huge site so it stands to reason a few are real paid agents.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I think if the Admin DID find out about these alleged COINTEL agents, they should OBSERVE. Observe what it is they are talking about and the message they are trying to convey or keep from being conveyed. Don't tell a soul. Wait and gather information on them and then BAM! A massive thread laying out WHO they are and WHAT is their agenda. That is the only true way to find out what/who we as a community are dealing with.

My 2 cents....

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Thats an interesting thought, but I don't think ATS would do that.. that seems a little to attacking.. I think it would be a very quiet ordeal.

I would enjoy it very much if it were displayed as you described.. very much.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

We all know theres a bunch of coins laying around here somewhere, the question is.., what happens if ONE is discovered to be 100%, a paid disinformant?

You won't, as they don't exist. What would an agent achieve on ATS? Have you ever tried talking to an average / serious conspiracy theorist? It's like being punched in the brain repeatedly combined with talking with a moose.

Serious question, what does a "paid disinfo agent" do on ATS? Factual information is irrelevant over 90% of the time and has no effect on the conspiracy theorists belief, so that's out. Really, the only thing I could think of is misdirecting conspiracy theories with other conspiracy theories, which isn't that great of an idea anyways as conspiracy theorists will naturally create more and more "out there" theories. For instance, the whole 9/11 truth arguments with truthers calling other truthers ideas "disinfo", when in reality, they're all equally wrong.

Well, I'll probably be called an agent and whatnot, but I'd really like to know what a person paid to be a "disinfo agent" would achieve on this forum.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Whyhi because: Government Disinformation Grammar Auto-Correcter v2.007

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Considering your header says "Disinformation Operative". I don't like you very much. Perhaps its your atitude, or your silly avatar, or the way you pretend to think you know something or how you pretend to be an interesting person, I just can't put my finger on it..

oh look at that, a coin, heads up. my lucky day

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Considering your header says "Disinformation Operative"

I'm going to get called it as soon as I disagree anyways, lolirony.

I don't like you very much.

I lol'd

Perhaps its your atitude...the way you pretend to think you know something

I didn't pretend to know anything, I was mainly asking what someone who was paid to be an agent would do and hope to achieve on this forum, I still like my question.

or your silly avatar

My avatar is lovely thank you very much.

how you pretend to be an interesting person

My goal as a disinformation operative is to spread disinfo about how interesting I am, sneaky I know, but I guess you caught me.

My question still stands, what do you think a paid agent would achieve on this forum?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

You won't, as they don't exist. What would an agent achieve on ATS? Have you ever tried talking to an average / serious conspiracy theorist? It's like being punched in the brain repeatedly combined with talking with a moose.

Serious question, what does a "paid disinfo agent" do on ATS? Factual information is irrelevant over 90% of the time and has no effect on the conspiracy theorists belief, so that's out. Really, the only thing I could think of is misdirecting conspiracy theories with other conspiracy theories, which isn't that great of an idea anyways as conspiracy theorists will naturally create more and more "out there" theories. For instance, the whole 9/11 truth arguments with truthers calling other truthers ideas "disinfo", when in reality, they're all equally wrong.

Well, I'll probably be called an agent and whatnot, but I'd really like to know what a person paid to be a "disinfo agent" would achieve on this forum.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Whyhi because: Government Disinformation Grammar Auto-Correcter v2.007

LOL! Best post Ive read today.. particularly the part about being punched in the brain repeatedly.

I posted something pretty similar to yours.. there is nothing to gain here and many posters are their own provocateurs or engaging in the same behaviors they attribute to these nefarious paid agents.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

many posters are their own provocateurs or engaging in the same behaviors they attribute to these nefarious paid agents.

Indeed.

Let's see how long it takes them to figure out we work for the same agency.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Theres much to gain. Information pertaining to individuals. What you say CAN be used against you in a court of law.. What do they have to gain from acquiring Facebook information? They do it..

your ignorance appauls me..

its cool though, pretend people like you, I don't know what its like to be weak.

but you never answered my question, and went way off topic by trying to force your own question.. you are a true provocateur
edit on 29-11-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by Advantage

many posters are their own provocateurs or engaging in the same behaviors they attribute to these nefarious paid agents.

Indeed.

Let's see how long it takes them to figure out we work for the same agency.

See you at the christmas party
Oh yeah, illuminati provocateur satanists dont celebrate christmas.. dammit.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So they pay agents to do something they could get a program to do better? That's your best idea of what a "cointelpro" agent does?

you are a true provocateur

Merci.

but you never answered my question, and went way off topic by trying to force your own question..

Which question? I thought I answered them by saying you basically can't find something that doesn't exist, still, I tried to inquire as to what would a disinfo agent even be doing here, if only to set out some traits to spot an agent and such.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by Whyhi

Theres much to gain. Information pertaining to individuals. What you say CAN be used against you in a court of law.. What do they have to gain from acquiring Facebook information? They do it..

your ignorance appauls me..

its cool though, pretend people like you, I don't know what its like to be weak.

but you never answered my question, and went way off topic by trying to force your own question.. you are a true provocateur
edit on 29-11-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

Facceook contains more horrible stuff than this place ever has.. thats apples and oranges. Its very very useful to gain information on illegal activities and associates in criminal endeavors. WHen my husband and i ran the crime stoppers thing out here in our town we used it a lot for gang intel. The morons post pics of themselves with AK-47s, money laid out on the bed and speak about the next party or import. It was incredibly easy to use this information. They provided us with photographic evidence of what they were up to. Gotta love a dumb criminal!

I guess since you feel so strongly about this... what real evidence or proof do you have that points to one person or another who is a provocateurs.. or you think is? I see a lot of disagreements here that devolve into "your a shill" " no YOURE a shill"... and mainly its just people with very strong feelings on a subject disagreeing. Im no great fan of our govt today.. and Im really annoyed that the real important stuff is overlooked with this what I feel is a silly notion that a guy sits on here and gets paid to poke the natives. Heck, you have to realize it doesnt take anyone paid to get folks riled up.

Im also VERY disturbed that people who feel there are provocateurs here call for everyone to engage in the same behaviors they claim to hate so much : lists, gang stalking, information gathering, posting private information.. etc and then try to involve people they feel are in power ( mods) to engage in it! Appalling behavior coming from thre so called enlightened and awake. THEY are not thinking very clearly and are what they claim to hate so much. Its like some are saying one thing and doing another.. almost a "doth protesteth too much" kind of thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
nothing you or hi why said has anything to do with the OP question. what should ats do they came to undeniable truth that anyone is an coin.

you and your friend are so good at disrupting and destroying conversation. luckily my programs got you and whyhis info.. you 2..

i know who you are.
peace im out

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

what should ats do they came to undeniable truth that anyone is an coin.

It's as valid of a question as "what should ats do if they came to the undeniable truth that a user is actually a capuchin monkey", it's not going to happen.

you and your friend are so good at disrupting and destroying conversation. luckily my programs got you and whyhis info.. you 2..

i know who you are.
peace im out

tl;dr - I can't present a counter-argument so I'll ignore what you said, claim victory, and run away.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
**shakes head** like I said.. disagree and youre ON THE LIST AND BEING INVESTIGATED!
Absurd behavior.

My opinion is that the mods see this all for what it is :
The ip originating from a govt computer means nothing. They already know this. Thats a COMPLETE no brainer. Not evidence. Having an unpopular opinion.. nope, not evidence. For qa forum we have an amazingly protected mode of free speech here. Go elsewhere and see what you get. Its illegal for a mod or admin to use private information to further investigate a person and release personal information. Aint gonna happen with these mods.. seems from observation they have a little more personal integrity than some here, plus they know and obey the law. They see someone totally derailing every thread.. they can sanction or bump them for being a pain in the ass.. doesnt mean they need or should go on a digging campaign to out another person for nothing other than being a miserable SOB.

ALL of this is so plainly obvious.. why is it even a question of what ATS should do... they should do what they are and have been doing : making normal informed decisions within the law and not join in the crazy behavior thats being requested of them. Most places frown on calls for gang stalking.. like I said, you enjoy a remarkably long leash here at ATS. For now.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

a monkey acting as a person on a forum doesnt happen. a disinformant acting as a conspiracist on a forum, does.

answer the question or leave..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

It is actually very simple what cointel people do...

They look for any information that is counter to their mandates, or anything that goes against their current policies...

Then they use a number of techniques to minimize and discredit the offending data/story/info..

You see this on ATS a lot, but mostly it is very difficult to tell wether they are actual paid disinfo agents..

For the very discerning reader, it isn't too difficult to spot paid disinfo agents... The hard part is exposing them openly on ATS without getting banned

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Fine, if we must. Hypothetically, I'd say it would depend on the specifics about said agent, such as how is the agent acting, what they posting, how it is effecting the issue and most importantly, the evidence you have of them actually being an agent. If it were repeated postings that you deemed suspicious, I'd say they could be handled the same way a troll would ( Ironically censoring them from the discussion I might add ). If you had some concrete evidence of the government employing people who were tasked with spreading disinformation, I'd imagine some legal action could be taken and said evidence could be spread around and presented for scrutiny etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join