It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China ready to abandon North Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
I think they have set up NK to destroy the US with an EMP strike - and now they want to appear to have clean hands.

I was thinking something similar.

China, unlike US, has strategies pointed towards long-term goals (+25 years). They are willing to sacrifice short-term gains for long-term benefits. I believe US thinks too short-term compared to China, especially when US has to walk on eggs with media, peaceniks, and internationals criticism.

I wouldn't put it pass China setting up NK as their scapegoat for a military action.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I'm exhausted after watching that guy complaining about North Korea without taking a breath.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Yeah NK is dog food for the west but perhaps that's how it is supposed to be, check THIS out!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

I was just recalling how before the wikilinks released the documents. I believe the people warning that this will be huge were correct! North Korea and I believe Iran soon can make a nuclear bomb and use them. Heck what else would you do?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

North Korea already has nukes, whether they will be effective enough is still questionable. Iran is over a critical threshold in their nuclear program. Any strikes aimed at destroying Iran's nuclear facilities would result in too much collateral damage. The spread of lethal radioactive materials would be massive and it would be a human disaster unlike anything seen in some time, I don't think the US or any coalition would have the resolve to do this, unless they can either make it appear that Iran has launched an attack, or that Iran actually has launched an attack.

No one wants a military confrontation with North Korea either, the human toll again would be too great.

But there are forces behind the scenes working to destabilize both of these situations and that is where the unknown factor comes in.

Will the US and other war powers take the bait, or work for peace?

Only time will tell.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I know North Korea has nuclear weapons. I just want to see how far and powerful the nukes are. Can they launch them to Russia or the U.S. Maybe they can reach cities in China.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well the OP is offline but......

.......Thread Update......

Summary 1. South Korea's vice Foreign Minister Chun Yung-wo tells the Americans that senior Chinese officials have told him that China is fed up with the North Korean regime's behaviour and would not oppose Korean reunification. Chun says North Korea has already collapsed economically and will collapse politically when Kim Jong-il dies.

US embassy cables: China 'would accept' Korean reunification

1. (S) Vice Foreign Minister Chun Yung-woo told the Ambassador February 17th that China would not be able to stop North Korea's collapse following the death of Kim Jong-il (KJI). The DPRK, Chun said, had already collapsed economically and would collapse politically two to three years after the death of Kim Jong-il. Chun dismissed ROK media reports that Chinese companies had agreed to pump 10 billion USD into the North's economy. Beijing had "no will" to use its modest economic leverage to force a change in Pyongyang's policies -- and the DPRK characterized as "the most incompetent official in China" -- had retained his position as chief of the PRC's 6PT delegation.

Describing a generational difference in Chinese attitudes toward North Korea, Chun claimed XXXXXXXXXXXX believed Korea should be unified under ROK control. Chun acknowledged the Ambassador's point that a strong ROK-Japan relationship would help Tokyo accept a reunified Korean Peninsula. End summary. VFM Chun on Sino-North Korean Relations...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree with that statement. kim Jong-il son will never be like his father. Every time I see a video or picture of him I feel like he's forced to take leadership. His family has God like influence over the North Korean people. Without the family the government would of collapsed when kim Il-sung passed away in the 90's. I highly doubt everything going wrong in North Korea is all based on Kim Jong-il. I believe there are others in government hiding behind him and controlling many of the shots.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

North Korea boasts that its missiles are capable of striking the western US mainland, but in reality they could possibly put one somewhere in the middle of the Pacific ocean.. Their guidance systems are woefully inaccurate at longer range targets. Lets say they target a sports arena in the far south of the Korean peninsula and fire the missile, it may detonate somewhere within 20 miles of that target.

We have well over 20,000 US troops in SK, and if there were major hostilities between the USA/SK and NK they would likely be targeted first, along with any US Navel vessels in the area most of this would be done with conventional weapons. Nukes would be a last desperate moment for them and they may use them only then, in any scenario a heck of a lot of people die, and the North will have committed suicide in the process, they will be annihilated. China may get involved, or may choose to stay out as long as certain assurances are given to them by the west.

It would not be a long war.

And it need not ever happen.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Well where I'm coming from is this comment from this video.

Watch around the 4:00 minute mark about the 1998 rocket test.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Old propaganda brought to you by your US government, and the Discovery channel.

They need you and the world to believe that North Korea and even Iran are major threats... when in reality neither pose any major threat to the US mainland.

It is the result of the US government seeking to dominate the world and spread its version of democracy, even by force whenever and wherever it can.

That video is exaggerated propaganda.... Much like the build up to the Iraq war and all of those WMD that just never really materialized.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

when in reality neither pose any major threat to the US mainland.

Last I checked Hawaii and Alaska are US states that may be in harms way of N Korea's latest missile. The US mainland may be out of range but....

edit on 29-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

DURP! I'm a big idiot then. How can I be supportive of conspiracy theories and now I follow government propaganda.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Come on now SLAYER, even if they were able to launch one at either of those locations, what odds would you give it of ever even making it to a second stage?

We got it covered!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well , this makes thinks even more interesting,.

So,.. If Kim is the child we all think he is and suspects a possibility
of having the backs turned by his once thought allies(China),
then what is to stop him from going out with a bang and throwing the
largest tantrum in history,. launching everything he has?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

You know little Kimmy made a trip to China a few weeks back then all of a sudden we get the artillery exchange. IF he feels that way then possibly the situation IS more dangerous than many realize. A cornered animal and all that etc.
edit on 29-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

That kinda what Im thinkin,
Hopefully someone in that family has some sanity
and has chilled him out

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
No one wants to see NK collapse
China: want a buffer state
SK: worry about refugee from NK destroying its economy
Japan: worry about an united Korea with strong anti-Japan sentiment
The hegemony: worry about losing the excuse of maintaining its military force in east Asia.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill
reply to post by minkey53

Of course, these comments may have been "leaked" on purpose to make people think that NK is unallied and it's time to take out Kim - giving China a good excuse to attack countries such as the US without appearing to be the aggressor, becuase the US slapped the spoilt brat.

Or am I the only one that thinks like that?

I can't believe the amount of members on ATS that just seem to be brimming with hate for the United States and the only thing they want is North Korea or China to destroy your nation so your government can "learn its lesson". It doesn't matter if it comes straight from the mouth of the Chinese or South/North Korean officials. If it's in the "news", it must be a lie. I find it really sad that so many members, despite so much evidence, just want to see their own country destroyed.

Do you all honestly think that China, who appears to be "communist" but loves money like everyone else, is going to destroy the United States over the rising tensions between South Korea and the North? Are they really going to obliterate their biggest customer?

Sometimes it seems that on a website that promotes "truth", some members just put their hands over their ears and yell really loudly because the real truth doesn't line up with their far-fetched beliefs and desires. China will not go to war with the United States any time soon, and North Korea isn't going to be the one to hit your most hated American government with a big dose of reality that you are expecting because the real truth is that China, South Korea, and the United States will work together to ensure that North Korea knows its place.

No conspiracy, no American doomsday war, and no end of the world. These are just attempts to keep the world in her sedated, consumeristic state, which is a lot better than the purposed alternative if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Star...

Some very good points.

Well written

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join