It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China ready to abandon North Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Star...

Some very good points.

Well written

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Whether or not the west has been plotting against Kim Jong mentally ill, is irrelevant. His government is evil, his people are worse off if nothing is done to change it.

do you have first hand knowledge his government is evil. how do you know his government is evil.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I know North Korea has nuclear weapons. I just want to see how far and powerful the nukes are. Can they launch them to Russia or the U.S. Maybe they can reach cities in China.

one things for sure, they are powerful enough to vaporize seoul and the 20,000 american troops stationed there

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I mean did anyone really not see this coming? Although the Chinese have good relations with Kim Jong-il, that doesn't have to be the case for his wittle boy. I thought that if the power shift were to happen sooner then later it'd be a good thing because the younger leaders in these systems usually begin to abuse their power immediately. Although the Chinese usually like to stay out of battles, this may be a little to close for comfort in range of NK's nukes. So we'll see what is finally done about this, I say covert mission... 1 shot.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

North Korea really only has the capability to reach as far as Japan, but when everyone surrounding NK is our allies, thats still way to close for comfort. Also like you said, never mind the thousands of troops posted at these locations. I said I'd join the army if we went after NK, the only real threat I'd wanna get my hands dirty with.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

how soon we for get, China has the DF 31 and the DF 41 ICBM, now what did Clinton do back in his term? oh ya sell them micro chips and were did they go? as well as 10 DF31 and 5 DF41? to little ill, now they did not the nuke war heads, not till 2005?-6, now you need to read up on the DF41 ICBM.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well it's official sports fans...
Wikileaks row: China wants Korean reunification, officials confirm

Chinese officials speak after Guardian US embassy cables reveal Beijing is leaning towards acceptance of reunification under Seoul's control

China supports the "independent and peaceful reunification of the Korean peninsula" and cannot afford to give the North Korean regime the impression it has a blank cheque to act any way it wants, Chinese officials based in Europe said today.

The officials, who asked not to be identified, spoke after the Guardian revealed that senior figures in Beijing, exasperated with North Korea behaving like a "spoiled child", had told their South Korean counterparts that China was leaning towards acceptance of reunification under Seoul's control.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow... If that is true then China has made a huge shift in policy on North Korea.

They have quietly maintained for a long time that the "buffer" that NK provides them is essential and must be protected at all costs.

This could either cause the NK regime to relent, and step back from their positions, or push them completely over the edge and into a suicidal rage.

Ask yourselves, what would a "spoiled child" do?

Interesting news slayer.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Well it's all good of course there will be those who will refuse to believe it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I believe this situation has been diffused.
I'd say that Kim is choosing to live life out and
stop being the "child"
Much greater advantage in being cooperative at this point
then go against the grain,.
Also maybe he has considered to continuation of rule through his son,
only achievable through cooperation.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Well an EMP strike wouldn't destroy us. Are you suggesting that NK would make this strike? Because I doubt they have the tech or ability.

This is a concern though. It is actually a leak I'm against because it will make NK paranoid and actually might make them try to strike China/Beijing if war breaks out and they know they are going to fall. They may feel betrayed and knowing it is the end try to get back at China. So of all the leaks this one should make China kinda mad/nervous.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Haha.. hey we agree on something.
I've though I would actually considering fighting for South Korea.
I'm against war and never even considered joining for Iraq/Afghanistan.
But the North being gone would be good for the whole world.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join